• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Will a Dr prescribe Test if you are low level?

JetFoley

Just had a blood test, and one of the things they checked was my test levels. Turns out my "free testosterone" is a bit low, not much but it is outside the normal range.

This is a bit demoralising... I figured I was still another year away from considering a cycle, but if Im low naturally...

Recon I could convince a doctor to prescribe me Test? or does there need to be a medical reason beyond "you are low". Anyone had any experience in talking to doctors about this? outcomes either way would be usefull information.

How old are you? I have not heard of any GP prescribing test in appreciable doses but if you get referred to an Endocrinologist you can talk to them about HRT (hormone replacement therapy) which can include testosterone injections among other things. It is not something to just jump into though do some searching on the net into HRT.

There are better ways to increase your testosterone levels
Growing a beard, listening to angry music, lifting heavy for high volumes, 10 hours of sleep, hypersexuality and a high frequency of training are all shown to increase your testosterone levels. My blood tests are showing that my testosterone levels and my IGF-1 levels are raising considerably, although I am 23

There are better ways to increase your testosterone levels
Growing a beard, listening to angry music, lifting heavy for high volumes, 10 hours of sleep, hypersexuality and a high frequency of training are all shown to increase your testosterone levels. My blood tests are showing that my testosterone levels and my IGF-1 levels are raising considerably, although I am 23

BDSM, eating meat off the bone, watching competitive sports in which you have some attatchment or investment, stop thinking like you have low test. Unless theres some actual disorder, man up.

Hello,
Before you can get HRT prescribed to you there a several blood work tests you need to undergo. Your age and possible reasons for having low test will also play a role in what is prescribed to you. Have you used steroids in the past? Are you currently on steroids? A referral to a Endocrinologist will be the first step for you.

What time of day was the test competed? How many tests have you had done?
Just one?

Any symptoms?

Stop fucking worrying.

Tim.

if your doctor didn't tell you anything that is alarming except for the fact that "that test" showed you have low testosterone levels, then there's no need to worry much, at least for now. The usual thing that your doctor would do is to suggest to you "something" like do this and that, eat this and that, sleep more then come back for another test just to confirm things.

Did your doctor already requested another test?

Check your diet as well, be insufficient in certain vitamins and minerals can leave you with lower test levels.

if your doctor didn't tell you anything that is alarming except for the fact that "that test" showed you have low testosterone levels, then there's no need to worry much, at least for now. The usual thing that your doctor would do is to suggest to you "something" like do this and that, eat this and that, sleep more then come back for another test just to confirm things.

Did your doctor already requested another test?

Ha! A test for the test, test... It's starting to get a 'lil Test-E 'round ere... :eek:

On topic - Think you'd have a hard time getting it prescribed from the gp other than what has already been suggested, and my understanding is it is highly scrutinised (i.e. it probably wont fly with your situation)

If you wanna cycle - cycle mate. No need to justify to yourself unless you haven't already tried your darndest to hit your natural peak and are too young?