• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ahh ok - CB have great products - used to love their protein....might have to pick some up again

They have good stuff but the protein is too expensive. Used to be well priced. Bought many tubs.

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto.

Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of piglets

Abstract
This study investigated the potential mechanisms by which oral supplementation of N-carbamylglutamate (NCG), an analogue of endogenous N-acetylglutamate (an activator of arginine synthesis) increases growth rate in sow-reared piglets. Two piglets of equal body weight (BW) and of the same gender from each lactating sow were allotted to receive oral administration of 0 (control) or 50 mg of NCG/kg BW every 12 h for 7 d. Piglets (n=32; BW=3 kg) were studied in the food-deprived or fed state following the 7 d of treatment. Overnight food-deprived piglets were given NCG or water (control) at time 0 and 60 min. Piglets studied in the fed state were gavage-fed sow's milk with their respective NCG treatment at 0 and 60 min. At 60 min, the piglets were administered a flooding dose of [3H]phenylalanine and killed at 90 min to measure tissue protein synthesis. Piglets treated with NCG gained 28% more weight than control pigs (P<0.001) over the 7-d period. Fed pigs had greater rates of protein synthesis in longissimus dorsi and gastrocnemius muscles and duodenum compared with food-deprived pigs (P<0.001). Absolute protein synthesis rates in longissimus dorsi (P=0.050) and gastrocnemius (P=0.068) muscles were 30 and 21% greater, respectively, in NCG-treated compared with control pigs. Piglets supplemented with NCG also had greater plasma concentrations of arginine and somatotropin than control pigs (P<0.001). The results suggest that oral NCG supplementation increases plasma arginine and somatotropin levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis in nursing piglets.

Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases pr... [J Nutr. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of piglets

Abstract

This study investigated the potential mechanisms by which oral supplementation of N-carbamylglutamate (NCG), an analogue of endogenous N-acetylglutamate (an activator of arginine synthesis) increases growth rate in sow-reared piglets. Two piglets of equal body weight (BW) and of the same gender from each lactating sow were allotted to receive oral administration of 0 (control) or 50 mg of NCG/kg BW every 12 h for 7 d. Piglets (n=32; BW=3 kg) were studied in the food-deprived or fed state following the 7 d of treatment. Overnight food-deprived piglets were given NCG or water (control) at time 0 and 60 min. Piglets studied in the fed state were gavage-fed sow's milk with their respective NCG treatment at 0 and 60 min. At 60 min, the piglets were administered a flooding dose of [3H]phenylalanine and killed at 90 min to measure tissue protein synthesis. Piglets treated with NCG gained 28% more weight than control pigs (P<0.001) over the 7-d period. Fed pigs had greater rates of protein synthesis in longissimus dorsi and gastrocnemius muscles and duodenum compared with food-deprived pigs (P<0.001). Absolute protein synthesis rates in longissimus dorsi (P=0.050) and gastrocnemius (P=0.068) muscles were 30 and 21% greater, respectively, in NCG-treated compared with control pigs. Piglets supplemented with NCG also had greater plasma concentrations of arginine and somatotropin than control pigs (P<0.001). The results suggest that oral NCG supplementation increases plasma arginine and somatotropin levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis in nursing piglets.

Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases pr... [J Nutr. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Worthwhile if you are a piglet looking to gain muscle.

I'm sure he'll harp on about his sup range in the book.

[YOUTUBE]uSNCw3Ud6rY[/YOUTUBE]

DRIVEN SPORTS FRENZY

Craze, whilst being known for its laser-like focus effects, was ultimately a controversial product. Many rival companies and laboratory tests claimed the product was spiked with an amphetamine which led to its insane increases in energy and focus, but ultimately drew massive amounts of criticism due the potential dangers of the product.

Moving on: Frenzy appears to be a product designed to feed off of Craze's popularity, and the fact that it's exclusive to the UK remains conspicuous as it is telling. Clearly, DS want this out of the limelight of the USA, where they were bombarded with negative publicity over Craze. So how does the product stack up, ingredient wise?
Frenzy Facts
Each scoop of Frenzy offers a signature 4.9g proprietary blend, containing usual suspects such as creatine monohydrate, taurine, L-citrulline and L-Carnitine L-Tartate as the usual suspects in being ergogenic aids. However, with this type of product, these are simply what's to be expected in a rapidly evolving and revolutionary industry. The real focus has turned to the stimulants contained within Frenzy, which is what garnered so much attention with Craze in the first place.
So what's in Frenzy?

Forgive my lack of chemistry knowledge, but the list of ingredients compromising the rest of the formula and the stimulant side of things can be found here: 4-Methyl-2-Pentanamine Citrate (Pouchung Tea) (Pentergy), B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Tangerine Extract (Citrus Reticulata) (Fruit) (Citramine), Caffeine Anhydrous
Quite a potent list of stimulants, we'll sure you'll agree. But revolutionary? Innovative? Shocking? Nothing on par with what Craze brought to the market.
Driven Sports Frenzy Review and Conclusion

It's difficult to be subjective when you haven't yet tried the product, but judging from the ingredients listing, and the fact that DS have kept this out of the US limelight (or alternatively, perhaps feeding off of publicity there and increasing desire for the product in the UK), it appears that Frenzy is simply piggybacking off of the success Craze brought the brand. Is it a bad product? No - it'll definitely work effectively. But is it going to send shockwaves through the industry as Craze once did? Not a chance.
That being said, what are your thoughts on the new formula and the efficacy of the Driven Sports brand in light of the criticism they have faced in recent times? Are they still innovative and one of the go-to brands when it comes to hardcore, cutting-edge sports nutrition, or has their fall from grace been too dramatic? We're eager to hear your thoughts.
drivensportsfrenzy.jpg

Driven Sports FRENZY

SRS Wattage Proprietary Blend4.9g
Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, L-Citrulline, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, 4-Methyl-2-Pentanamine Citrate (Pouchung Tea) (Pentergy), B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Tangerine Extract (Citrus Reticulata) (Fruit) (Citramine), Caffeine Anhydrous

Stu ( [MENTION=12409]L.P.S.[/MENTION]; ) you gonna try it? Ingredients don't look like anything special. What is Pentanamine Citrate? What say you?

Methyl Pentanamine Citrate is AMP apparently (Dr Google tells me), I got the technical name wrong before. AMP is the new DMAA. Seems to get good reviews for its energy. Not available in Australia yet is it?

I've still got too many stims than I know what to do with, particularly as I'm moving away from them.

I saw it available at the Bay. I too have heaps lol. Won't be getting this anytime soon.

Last edited:
Still have Dmaa from a couple years ago.. I've been using it here and there but am worried about the expiry date, I have no idea what it is.

Are you still feeling the effects when you take it?

Yep, I have been mixing it with my regular pre workout though and I have noticed the extra focus/mental energy to want to push more than usual etc but it's not as strong when I first started using it. I haven't built up a tolerance to it cause I don't use it often - maybe once every 3-4 weeks.

Well I don't think you'll cark it by using it after its used by date, it may loose potency though.

Still have Dmaa from a couple years ago.. I've been using it here and there but am worried about the expiry date, I have no idea what it is.

I've been using up a couple of tubs of Old Jack3d and Old Mesomorph I bought just before the ban. The Mesomorph still gives me a bang but the Jack3d doesn't do anywhere near as much.

Cloma Pharma Methyldrene contains AMP does it?

Last edited:
Quick look online Cloma Pharma Methyldrene contains DMAA, wtf!

Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Methyldrene ATP Extreme-Intensity Matrix
4200 mg
Ultra Pure Creatine Monohydrate (as Creapure)
L-Arginine (as HCl)
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate
L-Leucine (LEU)
Beta-Alanine
Caffeine Alpha-Ketoglutarate
Dimethylaminoethanol (as Bitartrate) (DMAE)
Phenylethylamine HCl (BETA-P)
1,3-Dimethylamylamine (from Geranium (Stem))
Alpha-Glycerophosphocholine
Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate (cAMP)
Schizandra Berry Powder
*Daily value not established.

http://supplementwarehouse.com.au/browse/details.asp?ProdID=126411

Man, I wish I bought up more before the ban. Only got a couple of tubs, chewed thru that in no time. I've still got some napalm but it tastes rank!