• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

nazzysmith

kuncesmith
The body building section Kuntz..

Interested in training approach while in deficit fukkers!!! How would you maintain lean mass...

Imo if your over 20% bf%.... It don't matter... Just lift and concentrate on diet you fat kuntce!!!

Under 20%..... slight deficit with strength training.... Full body with low reps and heavy weight...

Under 12%.... Try maintenance cals with strength and hypertrophy to mini bulk...

Slow and steady wins the race here...

Since Feb gained over a kg of lean mass and lost over 1/2 kg of fat ... started at maintenance then in a surplus for most of that period

Explain to me, Nazzy, you guru? How did that happen?

Cos I want it to be on rinse, repeat for the rest of this year!

i'm actually serious.... how the hell did that happen?

Edit:
counted macros religiously during the whole period.
training was 2 heavy days + 2 assistance days and 2 days KBs with mix of strength and cardio

Last edited:
What worked for me last time was

Counting calories
Sticking with low - mid range reps. None of this high rep shit
Barbell complexes or burpees on off weight days

I didn't get down as low as i would have like but this time I aim to be much more shredded. Also i lowered carbs far too much. this left me flat. Won't do that this time.

What worked for me last time was

Counting calories
Sticking with low - mid range reps. None of this high rep shit
Barbell complexes or burpees on off weight days

I didn't get down as low as i would have like but this time I aim to be much more shredded. Also i lowered carbs far too much. this left me flat. Won't do that this time.

My thoughts are as a natty that you need to do a mini bulk at maintenance cals off the bottom of your cut...

Maintaining strength is key also... I note that a few on here still achieve strength gains while cutting...

Since Feb gained over a kg of lean mass and lost over 1/2 kg of fat ... started at maintenance then in a surplus for most of that period

Explain to me, Nazzy, you guru? How did that happen?

Cos I want it to be on rinse, repeat for the rest of this year!

i'm actually serious.... how the hell did that happen?

Edit:
counted macros religiously during the whole period.
training was 2 heavy days + 2 assistance days and 2 days KBs with mix of strength and cardio

Easy...

There are 2 ways to cut...

Reduce body fat or increase lean mass... Both of these can reduce bf%...

Partly the reason I mentioned different approaches dependnat on BF%... ( not scientifically based admittedly)

Your situation looks like a slow bulk...

6 meals may sound retarded but it still can work.
I don't even count meals anymore.
Could be 2,3,4 or 8.

Head Kunce

When I cut earlier this year I did it gradually... it fuckin sucked

Next time I would like to try on 2000cals, near 1kg a week fat loss, but I'd be worried I'd lose too much muscle....

Next time I would like to try on 2000cals, near 1kg a week fat loss, but I'd be worried I'd lose too much muscle....
Depends how fat you are.
1kg would be too much for me. 500-800 gms max.

Your situation looks like a slow bulk...

Well, yes it is and with strength gains all round too.

I think I'm still just a bit stunned that I might be doing it right, Nazzy :p

I think when it's time for me to do a cut, I might go the Lyle RFL path for rapid fat loss as I don't have much so it will be tougher to move.

The muscle will come back fast imo...

Well, yes it is and with strength gains all round too.

I think I'm still just a bit stunned that I might be doing it right, Nazzy :p

I think when it's time for me to do a cut, I might go the Lyle RFL path for rapid fat loss as I don't have much so it will be tougher to move.

I think your already on the right path for you... Congrats!!!

Cutting in your instance might be challenging.... May need Kevi G to assess for you if you go down that path...

When I did my big cut, getting adequate veges into my diet was a true helper.
Protein from foods not just shakes, and preparing meals well into advance.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

That is all.

When I did my big cut, getting adequate veges into my diet was a true helper.
Protein from foods not just shakes, and preparing meals well into advance.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

That is all.

Yeah... Your transformation photos look amazeballs....

How big or your bodyfat %? I reckon I'm 20-22% at the moment. Also 6'4 and 112kg.

Well I'm about 18-20 and I think you look a bit fatter than me judging from a video I saw of you curling or doing pull ups, can't remember.
I'm 96 at 182cm.
I wanna be 89 ripped. :)