• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think this is quality advice. I'll be doing it like this soon..again...preparing for my holiday :)

Maybe not o'ding on the Pepsi Max though... :cool:

Lol.... If u obviously ignore the 6 meals a day BS....

However..... By all means feel free to eat that many meals a day if you choose too.....

Maybe not 6 but 3-4 and one shake. But practical to eat 1500 cals in one sitting twice.

Last edited:
Paleo. It was a lot of extra prep and thought going into meals, especially the first week. But it was all clean eating and I have never got so lean. Midsection especially.

I think 6 meals a day is more a mental thing when cutting. If you know that your next meal (if you can call it a meal) is only a few a hours away, you know you can make it and not snack/panic.

What has worked for me is just being disciplined. Training and diet remained relatively the same, just less calories and more cardio. When the weight is coming off fast, your body will plateau. So you don't want to blow your wad right at the start of the cut. Reduce calories in stages (every 2-4 weeks) and the same with cardio doing the reverse.

Again with the mental challenge, the hardest part is getting about 3 weeks in and cutting out things you enjoy. Once you've made it to the 3 week mark, you'll be set in your new routine.

Reverse dieting is also a big part of it that's often overlooked. You basically want to do what you've done in stages in reverse, but in half the time. So say you were reducing calories by 200 every 2 weeks. Increase calories by 200 every week until you're back to maintenance. I did this last year and barely put on any weight by the time I was back to maintenance.

Yeah I am going to be trying the reverse dieting thing when I am done with my cut at the end of this month. Going by that calc this means it will take 3 weeks to bring it back to maintenance, then another 2 weeks to go into surplus.

The hardest part for me so far is when heading out for dinner or with mates and having to constantly think about my deficit amount and watch what I eat, drink or nibble on otherwise my week average has sneakily blown over by > 1000kcal (mostly in cocktails and beer)

What you mean it doesn't exist, people do it so obviously it does exist or are you disputing the idea behind it?

So can you tell me what you would recommend instead. Go from a calorie deficit after a fast to an immediate calorie surplus? Or calorie deficit to maintenance. What has worked for you, please share.