• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
pretty much the same :) It's all good in theory and works very well for bodybuilders IF you can keep the discipline. Most will want to eat anything and everything after cutting for a while!

This is the problem I've had every time I've stopped dieting, I've done it too suddenly, and put on 5kg in like 2 weeks. Stopping dieting gradually has gotta be one of the hardest things.

I found this photo on the net, I reckon I'm around 23-25%, I badly need to diet. After Smolov! 2 more weeks...

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

I have been eating basically as much as I can. I've put on some noticeable size which was the goal just got a nice belly to go with it now though lol.

Currently 72kg and 176cm. I dropped down to 60kg before I started due to some health issues. I'm still going to be skinny in 8 weeks but I want to at least be as toned as I can. Will have to do a serious bulk/ cut phase next year. End goal is to be around 80-85kg with minimal fat. Couple years off that though of course.

fair enough mate. By what you said in your first post I was think you would be well overweight but sounds like you just gained back some that you lost while sick.

2500ish would be a good start IMO.

JJ80: those photos are a good indicator but remember that the amount of muscle mass obviously makes a big difference ie. also 6%ish :p

52260768-Small.jpg

Extreme example obviously :p

The way I use CBL is almost IF...
But CBL is basically around using insulin spikes to your advantage and controlling the timing of your carbs.
I haven't counted a macro/calorie for 6 weeks+
I don't eat till lunch time. And it's usually just meat & fats with salad. A couple wpi shakes through the day.
Dinner, I eat (mostly carbs) till I'm almost bursting...lol

Yep exactly. I think CBL can work for people but not for any fancy reason it's just another way of restricting calories.

One other thing to be mindful of...

I find that IF by default leaves me lean every morning....

I would suggest that carb cycling potentiallly leaves you holding less water and potentially gives asthetic advantages...

This would have no direct impact to fat loss but certainly one would expect that the visual improvement would motivate the dieter to be more disciplined and train harder...

fair enough mate. By what you said in your first post I was think you would be well overweight but sounds like you just gained back some that you lost while sick.

2500ish would be a good start IMO.

Yea mate not really overweight just got some more fat from eating more. I use the Myfitnesspal app and I just looked I was averaging around 3400 cals a day. Not enough in my opinion lol.

I've cut it down to around 2800 today and I'm struggling lol. So hungry. Looking through the recipe section isn't helping at the moment lol.

Yea mate not really overweight just got some more fat from eating more. I use the Myfitnesspal app and I just looked I was averaging around 3400 cals a day. Not enough in my opinion lol.

I've cut it down to around 2800 today and I'm struggling lol. So hungry. Looking through the recipe section isn't helping at the moment lol.

Include more meat to daily intake...

Are you eating a kilo of meat a day?

Include more meat to daily intake...

Are you eating a kilo of meat a day?

I have been eating plenty of meat but also a lot of maccas. Addicted to double cheeseburgers!

Going to start making a lot more chicken and beef stir frys and the low carb high protein beef burgers I just saw in the recipe section. What's a good breakfast though? I can't have too much milk or I'm on the toilet half the day.

definitely. The goals are a bit skewed as it's all about the long term for reverse dieting.

certainly is, but it's really good, if you have the patience. I love it.

I'm experimenting to see if where I'm at now is a sweet spot. If not, I keep going from next week.

I have been eating plenty of meat but also a lot of maccas. Addicted to double cheeseburgers!

Going to start making a lot more chicken and beef stir frys and the low carb high protein beef burgers I just saw in the recipe section. What's a good breakfast though? I can't have too much milk or I'm on the toilet half the day.

I diet every morning till midday

Lunch is half a chicken and veg... About 600 cals...

Dinner is 2000cals...

I diet every morning till midday

Lunch is half a chicken and veg... About 600 cals...

Dinner is 2000cals...

Not sure if I could do that I need to eat in the morning. What kind of ratios are common? I have generally been having double the carbs than I have protein. Should I try and get them even?

Also I have been having a wpi/ maltodextrin/ dextrose shake post workout and wpi/ malto shakes as snacks. I tried this to cut out the lactose which has helped a lot. Not sure what I should do with the shakes now??

Sorry about all the q's never done this stuff before and just trying to simplify it all.

Not sure if I could do that I need to eat in the morning. What kind of ratios are common? I have generally been having double the carbs than I have protein. Should I try and get them even?

Also I have been having a wpi/ maltodextrin/ dextrose shake post workout and wpi/ malto shakes as snacks. I tried this to cut out the lactose which has helped a lot. Not sure what I should do with the shakes now??

Sorry about all the q's never done this stuff before and just trying to simplify it all.

Got to find the approach or method that suits you... I find more meat satiates appetite...

I find starchy carby foods tend to make me crave if I eat them during the day...

Half chicken and veg at lunch gives me no cravings... Eating 2000 cals for dinner is epic and makes the fast in the morning all worthwhile..

Cake
Pizza
Maccas
Etc
In moderation is no problem...

Serious question

Why do people eat things low in fat like kangaroo but then add oils or peanut butter to gain fats?

Wouldn't it be easier to just eat beef or turkey?

What should I do about my post workout shakes? They are basically a DIY weight gainer without all the crap added so I'm not sure to still take that or just protein then a carb/ protein meal?

You do not need a PWO shake. it won't make or break you.
Just eat after your workout. if you require more protein than have a shake.

Eat according to how you feel in the gym...

I train better on an empty stomach... Others prefer preworkout food...

So follow whatever allows you to train harder in the gym...

6 meals a day worked for me.
Gradually cut calories till you're below maintenance.
Use loads of vegetables to stay full.
Megalitres of pepsi max.
Steady state cardio every morning.

6 meals a day worked for me.
Gradually cut calories till you're below maintenance.
Use loads of vegetables to stay full.
Megalitres of pepsi max.
Steady state cardio every morning.
I think this is quality advice. I'll be doing it like this soon..again...preparing for my holiday :)

Maybe not o'ding on the Pepsi Max though... :cool:

3 meals a day
Gradually cut cals to below maintenance whilst keeping protein macros at no less than 30%
Loads of vegies and other nutrient dense (but not calorie dense) foods to stay full
megalitres of H20
HILT 3 times a week or start doing something active for FUN (squash, hiking, cycling, swingers club)