• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Down 33kg since aug 2011 , 11 kg this year, just cal deficit and counting cals ,regular exercise and bikram yoga 3-4 times a week

Only supps I'm taking are fish oil (25 a day), green tea extract (2 -4 a day) and calcium (2 a day).

Aiming for 90kg by christmas , currently at 100kg

25 fish oil a day?

yep as recommended by my Dr. 5 five times a day

due to joint damage - bike accident/footy etc

plus 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil at home breakfast with protein shake and coffee

I've fucked up my first 2 attempts at cutting...

Enter CBL- now hovering at around 111-112kg, smallest waistline I've had in years and getting stronger. Thinking about getting a dexa to give myself a starting point.

Anyone think using the calipers for bodyfat are accurate?

What's the brief idea behind CBL.

The way I use CBL is almost IF...
But CBL is basically around using insulin spikes to your advantage and controlling the timing of your carbs.
I haven't counted a macro/calorie for 6 weeks+
I don't eat till lunch time. And it's usually just meat & fats with salad. A couple wpi shakes through the day.
Dinner, I eat (mostly carbs) till I'm almost bursting...lol

The way I use CBL is almost IF...
But CBL is basically around using insulin spikes to your advantage and controlling the timing of your carbs.
I haven't counted a macro/calorie for 6 weeks+
I don't eat till lunch time. And it's usually just meat & fats with salad. A couple wpi shakes through the day.
Dinner, I eat (mostly carbs) till I'm almost bursting...lol

That's sort of what I thought. It's basically how I eat when not counting calories and I blow up like balloon in 2 weeks.

Honesty I can really see any difference to any other fad diet. Low carb, high carb, low fat, high fat, no carbs after lunch, 10 meals a day, paleo ect

That's sort of what I thought. It's basically how I eat when not counting calories and I blow up like balloon in 2 weeks.

Honesty I can really see any difference to any other fad diet. Low carb, high carb, low fat, high fat, no carbs after lunch, 10 meals a day, paleo ect

Yeah I think most diets are a fad, but Ive stuck to this and can't argue with actual results.
I think everyone is different, there is no magic diet and no diet is going to work without discipline, training and some sort of effort.

Yeah I think most diets are a fad, but Ive stuck to this and can't argue with actual results.
I think everyone is different, there is no magic diet and no diet is going to work without discipline, training and some sort of effort.

Yep exactly. I think CBL can work for people but not for any fancy reason it's just another way of restricting calories.

Yep exactly. I think CBL can work for people but not for any fancy reason it's just another way of restricting calories.

Totally agree.

The magic of having carbs only at night time is just as likely as having them only in the morning used to be :p

What works for me:
Always lifting heavy as possible (derr). Typically some in the lower rep ranges and some higher. Look at something like PHAT for an example.
Calorie deficit (also derr :p)
Cardio: the only cardio I do is activities I like e.g. beach walks, hiking and the occasional KB finisher for fun.
That will all work until around 10%.

I got down to 6.3% with a cycical keto approach. (UD2) Low carb, 4 days, 2 days high, 1 day maintenance.

You could also do any other sort of cyclical keto approach like CBL, Carb Nite etc but I don't think these are necessary until lower BF%'s. Alternatively, you don't need a fancy name for it but basically keep P&F at the required minimums, reducing carbs (to reduce total cals) and refeed carbs once a week initially (back to slightly above maintenance).
And don't forget the reverse dieting required to sustain that level of leanness. (if it is sustainable?)

definitely. The goals are a bit skewed as it's all about the long term for reverse dieting.

Yeah I often don't get to the reverse dieting stage. Normal I cut for a something like a holiday. Then on the holiday cut fucking loose on the food and bam 10kg heavier than when I left. So its back to cutting again. Lol.

Yeah I often don't get to the reverse dieting stage. Normal I cut for a something like a holiday. Then on the holiday cut fucking loose on the food and bam 10kg heavier than when I left. So its back to cutting again. Lol.

I pretty much do the same as this. lol

pretty much the same :) It's all good in theory and works very well for bodybuilders IF you can keep the discipline. Most will want to eat anything and everything after cutting for a while!

Today I'm starting a cutting phase. I'm going overseas in 8 weeks and want to lose some fat. I only started lifting consistently with a program about 6 weeks ago which I know isn't near long enough to bulk up but best I could do. Have been eating around 3500 cals a day sometimes over 4000. Anything and everything and lifting 3/4 times a week. Have put on around 12kg.

I just want to keep it simple. Should I just work out my maintainance rate, eat cleaner and add in some cardio?

If you put on 12kg in 6 weeks I'd hazard a guess that you have been eating WELL above maintenance. If you have 8 weeks to lose some fat, I'd start by dropping that to 2500-3000.

Current height and weight?