• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

narrowing the wide Force rack?

I'd be inclined to take a piece out as close as possible to one end. That way if your join was off square by a fraction, the error would not be magnified.

Good stuff Stu. Can't wait to see how it ends up.

I can't believe the manufacturers didn't think about this when designing!

cut.. 80 and 83mm taken out, to even up the bar widths
IMAG0246-sml.jpg

welded, not ground back (penetration was shit.. the metal is shit and dirty, but sorta welded ok..)
IMAG0247-sml.jpg

new bar clearance (5mm more than test photo in previous post)
IMAG0248-sml.jpg

will assemble and see what to do with pullup bar.

ps, never assume that your rack was welded/cut square :rolleyes:

I reckon just make an offset bracket for the chin bar like you said earlier.

How big is the box section and wall thickness?

Can you slide the next size down box inside prior to welding??? As a filler for increased strength?

Anyone who knows me will tell you I am never afraid to accept or claim credit....

Having said that, there are no original ideas here from me, you are all over this on your own.