• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Competitive bodybuilding has been a charicature of itself for years now, The pros all look like dwarves.

Because there is such a thing as being way too big. There's always two sides or two extremes to everything, and I've seen the "too big" side first emerged in the form of Mr. Ronnie Coleman, and I didn't like it, even though I've fully appreciated and respected the effort put in to achieve such a physique.

Yeah I understand. Big beastly bastards are not everyone's cup of tea.
Adrian, it's not so much about "big", as I really liked Dorian Yates physique and still do today, an incredibly majestic physique! Perhaps what I'm referring to is the "softness" or the "hanging back muscles" so to speak on Ronnie as opposed to simply rock granite hard like back muscles on Yates. Perhaps I'm not describing it properly, I hope you understand what I mean though mate.

Adrian, it's not so much about "big", as I really liked Dorian Yates physique and still do today, an incredibly majestic physique! Perhaps what I'm referring to is the "softness" or the "hanging back muscles" so to speak on Ronnie as opposed to simply rock granite hard like back muscles on Yates. Perhaps I'm not describing it properly, I hope you understand what I mean though mate.

Yeah. Gotcha ?

Last edited:
13 weeks out. Nuts.
5dcb2b4e36b1645f3e6f4d70c45ba60e.jpg

Looking good.

Kunce see him rollin, they be hatin'.

giphy.gif

The IFBB pros are now just about being monsters. It's what it's been for at least 10 years and will never go backwards as it's what most (crazy) people want to see. You'll probably see more divisions (classic, physique) to cater to others' tastes now.

When someone runs the hundred in 8.50, people will say it's way out of proportion.
Once something has been done, it's been done. You can't have pro bodybuilders looking like past bodybuilders because it is not news. They can't get leaner without getting dead so they get bigger. That probably kills you too but it's slower.
When a "sport" stagnates it dies. Imagine 30 years of Nubret physiques at the Olympia, incredible but boring after a while.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

When someone runs the hundred in 8.50, people will say it's way out of proportion.
Once something has been done, it's been done. You can't have pro bodybuilders looking like past bodybuilders because it is not news. They can't get leaner without getting dead so they get bigger. That probably kills you too but it's slower.
When a "sport" stagnates it dies. Imagine 30 years of Nubret physiques at the Olympia, incredible but boring after a while.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

agreed but from a judging standpoint his physique is un balanced and out of proportion. will never be mr O

for instance his delts look bigger than his lats..