• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hey I'm new to the site and working out in general, any advice would be appreciated

Its not really a myth, bigger blokes are not necessarily slow but in general they are slower than smaller blokes.

Sprinters carry a decent amount of muscle but the optimum weight seems to be in the 80-90kg range. Usain bolt is 94 kg according to wiki but he is like 6 foot 6. You don't see any 115kg world class sprinters.

Same with UFC the big blokes often look like you are watching it in slow motion compared to the lighter weights..

Rugby, fastest blokes usually in the 90kg range.

With adding muscle there is a point where it starts to slow you down. In saying that most people if lean will never get to that point.

The myth is more lifting weights makes you slow.

Yeah sprinters are probably a bad example but anything fight related if you stay lean you may lose some speed but this is made up for in striking power. Its explosiveness, power and good stamina you want anyway.

80-90kg lean on a shortish frame is still pretty fucking jacked. It's all relative to their height .

The kickboxers don't bodybuild same as the rugby players don't but all the better ones do supplemetry strength work.

Yeah sprinters are probably a bad example but anything fight related if you stay lean you may lose some speed but this is made up for in striking power. Its explosiveness, power and good stamina you want anyway.

80-90kg lean on a shortish frame is still pretty fucking jacked. It's all relative to their height .

The kickboxers don't bodybuild same as the rugby players don't but all the better ones do supplemetry strength work.

You are right, 80-90 kg at around 6 ft and very low bf like sprinters are is jacked and would be most people's ideal type of physique.

People still believe lifting weights makes you slow. It's still pretty common to hear it at footy training.

So I've been doing 3 days a week for about 3 weeks now, just wanna know if I'm heading in the right direction as in weight ratio and set to rep ratio, baring in mind the weight I use is so that hitting 10 reps is failure everytime. My routine is;

4x10 Squats (40kg)
3x10 Bench (40kg)
4x10 Shoulder Press (20kg)
3x10 BB Curls (20kg)
Usually lose 1-2 reps per set except for squats.
Then situps and wide grip pull ups on the off days 4 sets to failure.

Does that look alright?

So I've been doing 3 days a week for about 3 weeks now, just wanna know if I'm heading in the right direction as in weight ratio and set to rep ratio, baring in mind the weight I use is so that hitting 10 reps is failure everytime. My routine is;

4x10 Squats (40kg)
3x10 Bench (40kg)
4x10 Shoulder Press (20kg)
3x10 BB Curls (20kg)
Usually lose 1-2 reps per set except for squats.
Then situps and wide grip pull ups on the off days 4 sets to failure.

Does that look alright?

Is this every 3rd day mate.
Looks good for building a solid base.

I would include some triceps in there and perhaps replace the shoulder press with some lateral raises and rear delts. Just type in the exercises i mentioned into youtube and watch how they do them, theyre very easy.

The PTC program is good im too drunk to read the Arnie one.

I just joined an Oly gym I cannot recommend them highly enough, there are many powerlifting gyms around also with trainers who actually understand how to train the fucking lifts and put up numbers themselves..

Failing this train at home with cheap equipment. Dumbell routines could do your whole upper body but it would present some challenges with squats/deads pretty quickly. In which case just buy a bar, and if ur handy make a squat stand to hold it for you to unrack.

I would pay attention to rear delts and possibly side as the only assistance type exercises to add to any routine built on the big lifts.