• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to choose a protein powder?

What about bulk powders? Anyone tried them?

I've bought off them twice.

WPC choc, honeycomb and strawberry. Only bought because they had 20% off on the choc and strawberry and 50% off on the honeycomb.

Choc tasted crap, strawberry was ok, honeycomb is good.

I haven't got around to testing them with BN's test kit yet, but will report back when I do.

Please do [MENTION=8359]Eman[/MENTION]; would be interested on the results.

Head Kunce

What about bulk powders? Anyone tried them?
I bought of Bulk Powders a few times. I then received an email from them that their security had been breeched and that my (and others) credit card details had been compromised so never went back.

They push that Creapure stuff which made me suss of them also.

Strange result, not really black, not really orange:confused:

This is why we recommend that along with your testing kits, you back your results up with a lab test.

The colour shown above indicates something in the region of 40-60% protein just going off people who have had test kit and lab test done together.

We are talking a dark black when no carbs have been identified.
Colour changes from then on will be greyish with moderate levels of carbs added, all the way through to that distinctive orange colour for higher levels of carbs

Last edited:
We are talking a dark black when no carbs have been identified.
Colour changes from then on will be greyish with moderate levels of carbs added, all the way through to that distinctive orange colour for higher levels of carbs

Just curious... most people have digital kitchen scales that only measure in the order of 1g, so when the scale shows "1g", it can be anywhere from 0.5g to 1.5g depending on how it's rounded.

How does this affect the test result? Does 1.5g of powder make the test think there is 50% more of everything in there leading to skewed results?