• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bad Bag - Where to get one in Melbourne?

Tincat

Hi Folks,

So I've been looking around for a Bad Bag, and this is the only seller I can find in Australia, it's in nsw and he wants 50$ shipping. There's a picture here if you want to know what it is. Bad Bag

The idea is it's a covered block of high density foam, you can use it as a weights bench and a multitude of other things. I'm looking at it as a portable bench option for clients who I train outdoors or at their homes.

Iron edge do not sell them or have access to them, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a shop in Melbourne that might carry either the Bad Bag, or something comparatively similar?

Thanks

Brian 'Tincat'

Could probably get something made reasonably cheap.. I'd be surprised if you'll find a cheaper option than $50 though

Could probably get something made reasonably cheap.. I'd be surprised if you'll find a cheaper option than $50 though

Aye the bag itself on that site is 150$ then 50$ shipping on top of that.

So I'm either looking for a Melbourne supplier, or an alternative.

The lightness of it is why I want it. My business is mainly mobile, in any equipment I purchase for use with clients I need to take it's portability and functionality into consideration. Most everything I use has multiple uses and is portable.

Prime example is my Bowflex dumbells. Are they overpriced and a bit wanky? Sure. Does it allow me to take one set of dumbells in my truck to use on 90% of my clients, yes. So it was worth the cost in the long run.

Brian 'Tincat'

Price: $149.00 weighing just over 5kg,

IS this real life? $30/kg

Just buy a piece of high density foam, used to buy it all the time for formwork try someone like this Foam Fabrications Foam Sheets Foam Blocks Melbourne Australia

Just gave them a call. They don't deal in any memory foams, only a low and high density of polystyrene which if I had one cut to the same dimensions as the bad bag, would cost me between 90$ (low density, weight 6kg) to 170$ (high density 15kg).

This is before gst, and without considering the cost of covering them, which he said would be essential or the material will break down too quickly.

I'm going to check out some other foam companies though and see what comes up.

Brian 'Tincat'

Well, went to Clark Rubber and checked out the price of comparable foam if I had it cut to size for what I'm after.

It's actually more expensive, just to buy the foam, worked out at about 230$ just for the foam.

Foam went and got expensive.

Still looking for a Melbourne supplier for a week or so before I bite the bullet.

$50 postage is not too bad considering the size of it I guess, probably send by courier.

What do you do with it.

I'm a personal trainer, and many of my clients I train in their homes or in nearby locations.

I would use it as a light weight 'bench' for weights, and for all the general exercises you can adapt a bench for like jumping exercises, step ups, etc. Multitude of uses.

I don't think I'd be comfortable jumping up onto that - I can't imagine it being anywhere near as solid/stable as an actual bench.

Its for business use? You will make back the $50 in what.. 1 session?

If money was that tight, you could have not spent the $500 odd on bowflex dumbells, and bought spinlock dumbells which suit 100% of your clients and be left with $350 spare change over bowflex.

Its for business use? You will make back the $50 in what.. 1 session?

If money was that tight, you could have not spent the $500 odd on bowflex dumbells, and bought spinlock dumbells which suit 100% of your clients and be left with $350 spare change over bowflex.

Well Mike, I've had the bowflex dumbells for 2 years now so they have 'paid for themselves' by now I'm sure. And they are MUCH FASTER for transitioning between exercises and clients, not to mention they add a professional look.

It's not so much about money being tight, it's about getting the best price through some research... To run a business you'll always pay for quality when you need to but don't throw away money if you don't have to.

When I initially wrote this topic it was just to broaden my search easily to see if there were other IronEdge like gyms I wasn't aware of or had missed in my google searches, to check out. Seems there is no Victorian distributor so I will order them (I'll probably need 3) from NSW.

Thanks folks