• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

winter - flu time

joshcore

hey guys,
ive had the flu/cold for about 2 weeks - lost 5+kgs, barely eating etc

do you have any tips on what a person can do to maintain his gain while ill?

i know the 'normal' things to do ie:
- stop training
- keep up water
- plenty of rest
- plenty of vitamins etc

but is there anything else, something to maybe increase appetite ?

Mate,

If you've had the flu for more than 1 week i'd be going to the doc (again if you have already)

Might need the usual anti-biotics etc.. Might be best to focus on beating it properly rather than trying to focus on training etc..

Sucks when it happens, but how effectively can you train when sick anyway?

hey guys,

- stop training
- keep up water
- plenty of rest
- plenty of vitamins etc

Go to the doc and get checked that its not something else serious. If it the flu they can't really do much but wait it out.

While you are waiting for it to pass nurofen, panadol and the proper sudafed gets you feeling better.

I got hit 2 weeks ago for the first time in over 3 years. nailed me. migranes, throat on fire, felt like shit for 4-5 days.

stopped lifting, stopped my low carb diet and just focused on getting better. I've had the odd sniffle or off couple of days and lifted through it, but the flu will knock you around so I recommend resting.

I bought a Super Greens + Super Reds supplement and have managed to avoid the bugs that have surfaced at work. Had a sore throat on the weekend and it went away, but husband came down with a head cold. I'm hoping it is doing the trick.

hey guys,

- stop training
- keep up water
- plenty of rest
- plenty of vitamins etc

Stop training and eat calorie dense foods... Need to keep calories up...

Hot chips
Battered fish
Peanuts
Maccas
Oporto
Kfc
Hungary jacks

Hit maintenance cals and you'll hold weight... Don't go overboard or risk fatness..

Don't fret if you lose mass.. it comes back real fast...

I bought a Super Greens + Super Reds supplement and have managed to avoid the bugs that have surfaced at work. Had a sore throat on the weekend and it went away, but husband came down with a head cold. I'm hoping it is doing the trick.

Lucky he didn't get man flu else you would have wait on him hand and foot as that shit renders us completely couch or bed bound in front of TV's or gaming consoles, sometimes for weeks on nd....

Stop training and eat calorie dense foods... Need to keep calories up...

Hot chips
Battered fish
Peanuts
Maccas
Oporto
Kfc
Hungary jacks

Hit maintenance cals and you'll hold weight... Don't go overboard or risk fatness..

Don't fret if you lose mass.. it comes back real fast...

good info, simple yet effective - thanks man