• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

GPC NATS - Australia

Gold coast next year yep.

Amazing comp the standard was incredible, the crowd amazing, the setup better than works class.

Awesome weekend. Loved it.
Met liam, chocchilli, scotty. Caught up with chris and his better half too.

Also met dan green on friday! Seriously nice guy. Chatted for a bit, wont forget that haha.

I didnt hit a sinlge target pb lol. But I equalled two gym lifts and increased my comp total by 35kg on states.

Odel Manuel is unreal...I remember him from his footy days...twice the size now lol. Also a great guy.

My mate and training buddy, Gary Young won the 75 class with 597.5...very close to that world record...
Andrew mcnaught took the 82.5 with 715.

Tim.

gym lifts mean fuck all on the platform, if you plan the whole meet before hamd youve already loat the mental battle. makw your opwners and get your coach to make your calls!

you lifted well, learn fot next time :).

do not agree,

While I am a pretty ordinary lifter myself (only competed in powerlifting twice), I think knowing what you are going to lift and gaining a feel for training weights is central to your progress and performance.

The last few weeks tell you what sort of form you are in, and assuming health is okay on day, first, second and third lifts should be planned accordingly give or take comp situation.

First safe, second near aim, and third hopefully in excess of training form.

Having said that, each person has a different attitude, so getting your first lift is always the best start for anyone (logical).

oni pulled out when Critta put his forms in. 67.5kg class had more lifters apull out than conmpete. funny that.

My openers are set in the warm up room. I go with an "idea" of what I'll open on but nothing is concrete.

Last years nats I knocked my opening weight down, this years states I knocked it up.

Kaz, your ability to adapt to how you feel on day is a great sign. Fact is you did what you needed to get a safe opener; 100% agree with that.

I have seen some of the best lifters start too heavy; accordingly I have seen a few of them bomb out or put themselves on the backfoot rather than building confidence into each lift.

Once you start to doubt yourself you are often in trouble.

When I was a youngster doing Olympic lifting comps, I had a coach who had no real idea and it was mazing I never bombed out from starting too heavy, although one day it took me three lifts to get my opening snatch.

Never bombed out or false started in a running race; so proud of that albeit I wish I had been a better athlete.

Oni does not strike me as an avoider. He appears to me to be one of those guys who sets himself an aim, and lifts accordingly to get his goals.

gym lifts mean fuck all on the platform, if you plan the whole meet before hamd youve already loat the mental battle. makw your opwners and get your coach to make your calls!

Yeah coach selected all my lifts. :) AJ was awesome to have there
Especially deadlift. I chose bench.

I wasnt even close to 100% unfortunately, but you get that! Had a great time regardless and hit my goal total so was more than happy. The final deadlift was balls to the wall effort haha.

Tim.

Max went 9/9 and totalled 700kg pre-planning all 9 attempts 13 weeks ago lol

Was pretty good lifting and atmosphere. Was only there on the Sunday but there was some pretty phenominal lifting by a lot of guys.

Best comp I've ever been to. Had a ball and was great to catch up with so many people.

I went 200/95/240 for 535kg total at 79.8kg (82.5kg class). 2.5x bW squat and 3x BW DL finally achieved. Just need to learn how to bench haha.

Flight C Sunday was just amazing to watch.

I don't know who Critta is
I posted that I wasn't doing nats when I did the meet in April. "Nationals" means nothing to me, a meet is a meet and doing 2 meets in April followed by 5 weeks of training after getting back off holiday is just sillyness. I'm preparing for a meet later in the year instead and spending the time actually getting stronger instead of doing a meet every month lol.

do not agree,

While I am a pretty ordinary lifter myself (only competed in powerlifting twice), I think knowing what you are going to lift and gaining a feel for training weights is central to your progress and performance.

The last few weeks tell you what sort of form you are in, and assuming health is okay on day, first, second and third lifts should be planned accordingly give or take comp situation.

First safe, second near aim, and third hopefully in excess of training form.

Having said that, each person has a different attitude, so getting your first lift is always the best start for anyone (logical).

Gym Pb's are great, but the only thing i think you should plan is your opener and maybe a second. I know i could have lifted all my openers without any trouble, not withstanding injury of course and i think most people pick them this way. In my opinion, gym pb's are for the gym and comp pb's are for comps. If you max out 2 weeks precomp, it doesn't mean you are going to hit those maxes or higher on the day. Of course more experienced lifters are an exception.

In any case you need to be flexible, if something doesn't go right pig headedly sticking to the plan can backfire big time.