• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Blood test - what to get tested?

My husband got his bloods back today and almost everything came out good. However his Liver Functions were all marginally elevated. ALT/AST & LFT
The doctor offered an ultrasound but we just said we'd go back for another test in 8 weeks.
I figured since he came down with a cold that day it would be related to that.

Anyone else got similar results before?

My husband got his bloods back today and almost everything came out good. However his Liver Functions were all marginally elevated. ALT/AST & LFT
The doctor offered an ultrasound but we just said we'd go back for another test in 8 weeks.
I figured since he came down with a cold that day it would be related to that.

Anyone else got similar results before?

Yes afew years ago I had this problem and my doctor couldn't figure it out. Afew months ago I was googling stuff about blood tests and found something that said intense exercise afew days before a blood test can elevate liver enzymes. Hope this helps because sometimes I find doctors to not be that helpful.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yes afew years ago I had this problem and my doctor couldn't figure it out. Afew months ago I was googling stuff about blood tests and found something that said intense exercise afew days before a blood test can elevate liver enzymes. Hope this helps because sometimes I find doctors to not be that helpful.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Romie.

Ive read its common in shift workers also. Will see what follow up shows. :)

Hey guys

I've just had my blood work taken I get my results tomorrow Friday,
What I ask the doctor look for

*testosterone levels
That was pritty much what I wanted check I had one done back in march and everything was great,

Cheers
Jt

Ask for a full hormone profile

Sent from Pluto Space Station

shrek,
i asked him the first time round if he could check my HGH levels and he said "we dont administrate that here".... so i said right give me the test comb over lol, so i'll see my results tomorrow if im low and see what therapy he can give me, but i will ask him for a full hormone profile.. what would that include?

Last edited:
shrek,
i asked him the first time round if he could check my HGH levels and he said "we dont administrate that here".... so i said right give me the test comb over lol, so i'll see my results tomorrow if im low and see what therapy he can give me, but i will ask him for a full hormone profile.. what would that include?

What the main reason for tests bro?

You gon' juice?

What the main reason for tests bro?

You gon' juice?

Not sure dude, been there done that not what I expected, maybe in a few years if I think I need the AAS help, at the moment I'm not feeling too shabby, always tired no modivation for life, thought I get a test done to see how the levels are I'm 27 now and life isnt as fun as I was when I was younger hahaha, like I want to incorporate bodybuilding into my lifestyle and I have for about 3 months now but I know my recovery times arnt great but see what the doc wants to do

Not sure dude, been there done that not what I expected, maybe in a few years if I think I need the AAS help, at the moment I'm not feeling too shabby, always tired no modivation for life, thought I get a test done to see how the levels are I'm 27 now and life isnt as fun as I was when I was younger hahaha, like I want to incorporate bodybuilding into my lifestyle and I have for about 3 months now but I know my recovery times arnt great but see what the doc wants to do

Hmm, could be just pushing yourself too much?

I'm sure you're used to doms etc.. but depending upon your workout schedule every-week, you might just be over-training.

Hmm, could be just pushing yourself too much?

I'm sure you're used to doms etc.. but depending upon your workout schedule every-week, you might just be over-training.

Yeh could be that too bud, my workout is mornings and nights before and after work but with wensedays and Sunday's off