• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2013 IPF Raw World Championships (Suzdal, Russia)

Surprised nothing is up given that this is the biggest raw powerlifting championship in the world, held over 6 days. Australia has sent a big team, especially considering the difficulties in travelling to Russia. A couple have serious medal chances.

Live stream here: GOODLIFT | Live!

Thanks to ironaddicts.com, here is when Aussies are lifting (AEST):

Tuesday, 11.06.2013

20:00 Sub-Junior and Junior Women 43,0 – 52,0kg​
  • Rae-Leigh Lyons
Wednesday, 12.06.2013
16:00 Open Women 47,0 – 52,0 kg​
  • Mary Macken (47)
  • Kelly Gomez (52)
  • Elizabeth Craven (52)
19:30 Sub-Junior and Junior Men 66,0 – 74,0kg​
  • John-Paul Cauchi (66)
  • Colin Chan (74)
Thursday, 13.06.2013
01:00 Sub-Junior and Junior Men 83,0 kg
  • Byron White
  • Arben Hizo
21:30 Open Men 74, 0 – 83,0kg
  • Neville Harris (74)
  • Collin Webb (83)
  • Andrew Jovicevic (83)
Friday, 14.06.2013
00:30 Open Women 57,0 kg
  • Jasmine Higgs
16:00 Open Women 63,0 kg
  • Josseline Jeria
18:30 Open Men 93,0 kg
  • Scott Hill
  • Ray Owen
22:00 Sub-Junior and Junior Men 105 kg
  • Jesse McEwan
Saturday, 15.06.2013
16:00 Open Women 72,0 - +84kg
  • Katherine Tushuzien
  • Catherine Greene
19:00 Open Men 105,0 kg
  • Richard Hozjan
22:00 Sub-Junior and Junior Men 120,0 - +120,0 kg
  • Cameron McKenzie
Sunday, 16.06.2013
17:00 Open Men 120,0 - +120,0 kg
  • Lepeka Nanai (120)
  • Stephen Pritchard (120+)

Great effort by the Aussies so far, many of whom are very new to the sport.

A few notable results...

John Cauchi won a silver medal in the 66 junior class with 505kg. He also won deadlift gold with 220kg and bronze in the squat.

Mary Macken unfortunately finished 4th in the open women's 47kg class, but won silver in the squat with 110kg. Had she lifted close to her best, she probably would have gotten silver overall.

Of the other nations, Ilya Orel, a Russian junior got 655 at 74kg, including 270kg deadlift. Before the final deadlift there was 1kg separting him and a guy from Nauru who finished second.

Also, NikolayZmetsov with 695kg, world junior record at 83kg, including 287.5kg deadlift.

Conor Lutz, Canadian junior, with 183kg bench press world junior record at 83. Beat a Polish guy who set the world record the lift before at 182.5kg. Sneaky.

Tonight features 3 Aussies in the open 74 and 83 class, each of whom has serious medal chances.

I will be watching the 74's and 83's tonight, so far i have watched some good competition whilst "working", should be a good night!

I am surprised by lack of entries for mens open divisions so far. Still a long way to go before IPF will be considered for Olympics.

Last edited:
Definitely be tuning in for Nev tonight. Webb should do some great things as well.

That swedish 66kg Sub Junior bencher was crazy last night!

I am surprised by lack of entries for mens open divisions so far. Still a long way to go before IPF will be considered for Olympics.

The lighter weight divisions have been a bit light-on. I think the 59kg class should go, but that's just me.

It gets better from 74kg up: GOODLIFT | Nominations

I think there are two factors worth noting as well:
1. it's only the 2nd raw world championships. equipped lifting is still no. 1 in the IPF. Raw has taken off in the US and Australia much greater than in Europe. It think this is because they have always been lots of recreational lifters in the US and Australia who have discovered powerlifting. Whereas in Europe, powerlifting is more of an established sport. I still predict raw will gradually take over in the IPF.
2. It's being held in Russia, not the easiest play to travel to or be allowed entry. Lots of the Aussie guys had major delays on their visas. From what I picked up on FB, some of the Pacific islander guys got their visas the week they were leaving!

Nev and Webb will both go great. They have trained hard. Andrew is an excellent bench presser and will hopefully push for a medal. It's hard to tell how strong the field is as some of the nomination numbers are apparently equipped.

WTF at Eddie Berglund. 165kg raw bench at 64kg...and a subjunior.:eek: Open world record at 18yo. I missed that one.

still great lifting.

I cant wait til see some of these lifts on you tube as video not working when I watched females last night.

The lighter weight divisions have been a bit light-on. I think the 59kg class should go, but that's just me.

It gets better from 74kg up: GOODLIFT | Nominations

I think there are two factors worth noting as well:
1. it's only the 2nd raw world championships. equipped lifting is still no. 1 in the IPF. Raw has taken off in the US and Australia much greater than in Europe. It think this is because they have always been lots of recreational lifters in the US and Australia who have discovered powerlifting. Whereas in Europe, powerlifting is more of an established sport. I still predict raw will gradually take over in the IPF.
2. It's being held in Russia, not the easiest play to travel to or be allowed entry. Lots of the Aussie guys had major delays on their visas. From what I picked up on FB, some of the Pacific islander guys got their visas the week they were leaving!

Nev and Webb will both go great. They have trained hard. Andrew is an excellent bench presser and will hopefully push for a medal. It's hard to tell how strong the field is as some of the nomination numbers are apparently equipped.

WTF at Eddie Berglund. 165kg raw bench at 64kg...and a subjunior.:eek: Open world record at 18yo. I missed that one.

That's strange to hear about the visa's - you would think the Russians would jump at opportunities to bring in tourist dollars

Technically to get into Russia you actually need to be invited by someone in Russia. Even though the Cold War is well and truly over, they are funny about entry requirements and it's quite an effort to get in if you're just a tourist and have no Russian contacts. About 10 years ago, friends of mine couldn't even get a visa. It's only just starting to loosen up.

It would be great if PA hosted a raw IPF champs. I am sure PA would do a great job; perhaps PA is already working on this.

Technically to get into Russia you actually need to be invited by someone in Russia. Even though the Cold War is well and truly over, they are funny about entry requirements and it's quite an effort to get in if you're just a tourist and have no Russian contacts. About 10 years ago, friends of mine couldn't even get a visa. It's only just starting to loosen up.

Oh ok - that's really interesting (and good to know for future reference)

Some stupidly good lifting going on

too far?, Australia have held ipf champs before, 2 OG, the world cup cricket, a grand slam every year, motor bike and car racing grand prix and so on.

Surely many IPF lifters would like to come to our great country.

too far?, Australia have held ipf champs before, 2 OG, the world cup cricket, a grand slam every year, motor bike and car racing grand prix and so on.

Surely many IPF lifters would like to come to our great country.

Yes but look at the prize purse that goes along with those events..you dont fly all the way out here for a plastic trophy..

Yes but look at the prize purse that goes along with those events..you dont fly all the way out here for a plastic trophy..

This.

Plus I'm pretty sure the cost to the home fed will be too prohibitive as well. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see one held here but I'm sure that if you took this question to Rob once he finished abusing you he would tell you the same.

true, but Australia has already held an IPF world champs. Did they get paid then? Did not Australia also host a world weightlifting champs as well?

Anyway, in this age of the Internet, we get to watch all champs live anyway, at least when it is working.

I am going to see what feed looks like tonight on my Internet tv.

Last edited:
Ian Bell, 20years old and 93kg, opening on 242.5kg squat, on live now.

A Russian and ukranian lifted 255kg first squat, juniors

Last edited: