• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Image enhancing drugs"

Fitnation

Thought I would start this thread, many people are using gear and other substances purely for cosmetic value, I realise many of the posters here may compete, from what I see a good percentage of people are juicing or doing whatever simply to look good and the bodybuilding stage is not necessarily what motivates them. A good percentage of teens are more motivated by ZZy or guys like SBW or celebs on music videos and in the movies. Never before have people had access or the knowledge to get that celeb look. How do you guys see this evolving over the coming years, keen to hear your views.

Some will lose interest fairly quickly, some will wake up to themselves and train properly and some will not. Those ones will eventually realise that the picture in the mirror does not fill any gaps in your life, assuming that they live long enough.

Some will lose interest fairly quickly, some will wake up to themselves and train properly and some will not. Those ones will eventually realise that the picture in the mirror does not fill any gaps in your life, assuming that they live long enough.

Spot on. Very few lack the dedication to stick it out. The iron seperates the wanna bes from the rest. Drugs don't work without the weights.

Yeah, get insane gains for a while... then have fun keeping up your motivation when you start going backwards.

I've unfortunately seen this first hand with a 19 year old at my gym, he went on crazy amounts of gear TWICE, got massive, bigger than me with 10 years training under my belt, stronger than me also, then he wigged out, didn't do PCT and ended up back to his 70kg stick physique he first had stepping into the gym a year earlier. He did this twice, I can't imagine what that has physically done to him let alone mentally..

That's nuts. I didn't realise it could be so drastic and thought stories like that were just scare tactics.

How does muscle synthesise and then disappear so quickly? I'm guessing it actually was muscle given that he was stronger too.

I've noticed my progress slow down a lot after 12 months of training. Just now I'm trying to get a 140kg bench, my best being 130kg. I've been training like a mofo for a couple of months now and eating like a pig. I'm hoping for a 2.5kg PB in a few weeks, 140kg by the end of the year.

Accepting the slow progress and sticking with it is all part of it. If you get used to that constant climb in weights (or body image) continuing to go hard without it I imagine would be very difficult.

I've noticed my progress slow down a lot after 12 months of training. Just now I'm trying to get a 140kg bench, my best being 130kg. I've been training like a mofo for a couple of months now and eating like a pig. I'm hoping for a 2.5kg PB in a few weeks, 140kg by the end of the year.

Accepting the slow progress and sticking with it is all part of it. If you get used to that constant climb in weights (or body image) continuing to go hard without it I imagine would be very difficult.

Shouldn't take you that long if your eating like that..

Bench is one of those lifts that's a real puzzle, you need to unlock what specific portion you are weak in and train that.

I can be doing really well one week on the bench, the next week I feel weak as a girl!

You'll get it mate, I remember the first time I hit 3 plates, that's a big milestone, and a head turner in the gym. Good luck.

Thanks guys, hammering away at it and will continue to do so. For someone with my basketball player build it will be a good achievement.

Back to the original topic - if I got it by doing roids in say 3 weeks (2.5kg added per week, I reckon I'm at 132.5 now)..... then hit 150kg a month or two later, could I really work out without roids for a year in order to maybe get 152.5kg or 155kg? After being used to insane progress?

I don't know if those are realistic figures, but I would expect a massive drop off in kg's gained on all lifts each month. I reckon I'd quit after a little while (or get back on them).

Image enhancing drugs are only going to become more mainstream with the internet and becoming a much more acceptable practise, at least in terms of social acceptance. The media is virtually pushing a lot of people towards them for a start.

Image enhancing drugs are only going to become more mainstream with the internet and becoming a much more acceptable practise, at least in terms of social acceptance. The media is virtually pushing a lot of people towards them for a start.

Lol. Yep. Like how the public and media embraced Lance Armstrong and the allegations of afl and rugby performance enhancing drugs.

Lance Armstrong and the NRL were not using Image Enhancing Drugs they were for performance, an entirely different issue. What I am talking about is the use of gear even Mt2 in the mainstream.