• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

steveyboy

How many pull ups, (not chin ups) can you do in a row?

Please
1. Must be of current, not your best 2 years ago
2. Just bodyweight, chin to bar till failure.

Just want to know the genuine maximums of the little and big guys.

I just did 15 and could not get 16 to chin, now time to get it back to some older numbers again.
Steve

I can do about 15-20 but its bloody hard for me. I am a pretty tall guy 6'3'' and my arms have over a 2metre span so full R.O.M pullups burn me out fast.

I got 19 chins the other day at 110kg, I'm around 6'4. I did bounce a bit off the bottom though.

Was so pissed I didnt get 20. Have just injured my arm so 20 will have to wait......

I get to 15 before my body wants to start kipping crossfit style so I instantly drop that shit.

Normal style 12-15.Neutral grip can just crack 20 on a good day.

Hurt right shoulder last year could only do neutral grip pain free bodyweight is anything from 95-100kgs.Struggled hard at first doing them as a 125kg fatty.
Chicks at gym can bench or press more than me shoulder is that dodgy lol.

Quick question, when doing a proper pullup, on the way down to you lock your arms out or leave a slight bend? I've always thought lockout.

Quick question, when doing a proper pullup, on the way down to you lock your arms out or leave a slight bend? I've always thought lockout.

I believe that the cons of 'rest' at lockout, are outweighed by the pros of lockout including the removal of momentum, ensuring good form and ensuring that you start the movement from a fully stretched position (something Goosey has mentioned numerous times).

I noticed the number of pullups I can do (when aiming for 50 in 10 minutes) drop dramatically when I actually took my first 'set' from rest at the bottom up to the top.

True wide grip with almost dead stop at the bottom, 3 x 8 at 120kg bodyweight.

At 115kg I was doing 3 x 12 the same style, have definitely added noticeable width to my back by performing these on back day, along with heavy ass deadlifts.

Nice jj80, 19 at 110kg is pretty bloody awesome!
I think I want to aim at 20 and I'm only 75kg give me a month or 2... Or 3

I don't do regular pull-ups but today I went for reps on my plyometric pull-ups and did 8 reps over a 70cm vertical distance