• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Did pullups just after warm up and I was over to pull myself up 11 times. I'm 74 kgs by the way. I think my best record was just last month. I was able to make 16.

12-15 unweighted
6-8 with a 10 Kg Db between my legs

I don't know why i can't do more unweighted although they feel easy for me, i can't go past the 15-16 mark, it's like my upper body gives up

Anyone know of a good pullup routine. Doing Toughmudder in 4 weeks time and it's my biggest weakness. Can do 8-9 @ 103kg.

Have heard just do 50 pullups every day anyway I can?

In my past life we had to do 10 pull ups before every meal, I guess, like anything, if you want to get better at it, do it more often

I only just started doing chin ups again after reading this thread. At 85 kg I completed 8,6,4

I don't know why I ever stopped doing these. So I have now challenged myself to get 12 strick reps out. I was able to complete around 12 a few years ago but I was 5 kg lighter and back then my back was noticeably wider. For some reason I went to lat pulldowns and stayed there.

In my past life we had to do 10 pull ups before every meal, I guess, like anything, if you want to get better at it, do it more often
Were you a french legionnaire lol, I can do 18 strict unbroken but as a crossfit goal looking to do 25+ can do 7 with a 20kg kb

Never really tested my max. I always finish my back workout with 3x9 with the last set to failure, so sometimes 10 or 11. Might give it a go this week.

Starting fresh I can bust out 20 easy. But I do them at the end of my sesh so 3x10. I need a weight belt.