• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
About 7 with strict form and 9 getting a little looser with form at 103kg, although I am thinking about dropping them from my routine for the reason that ever since I introduced them I have got bad tendonitis? In my elbows, there was nothing else I have introduced t the time so i will see if dropping helps my elbows, if not then I will definately be doing them again...

Such a oity as i have found them to be a great exercise and given me some extra width...

Only get 10-12 max now, depending on day. Now weigh 91kg.

Best ever was 19 at about 80kg bodyweight, although form in early 1980s was much looser.

About 7 with strict form and 9 getting a little looser with form at 103kg, although I am thinking about dropping them from my routine for the reason that ever since I introduced them I have got bad tendonitis? In my elbows, there was nothing else I have introduced t the time so i will see if dropping helps my elbows, if not then I will definately be doing them again...

Such a oity as i have found them to be a great exercise and given me some extra width...

Haven't been able to do chins for about. 6 months because of elbow tendonitis.

Now got back into them by doing wider grip parallel chins and only going to eye level. No pain at all and they still seem to work well. It's that last few inches trying to get the chin over the bar that seem to aggravate it.

Haven't been able to do chins for about. 6 months because of elbow tendonitis.

Now got back into them by doing wider grip parallel chins and only going to eye level. No pain at all and they still seem to work well. It's that last few inches trying to get the chin over the bar that seem to aggravate it.

Thanks i will give this a go and i really like doing them and find they have made a difference in back width so would prefer to keep them...

Theres some good numbers in this thread! :)
Last week punched out 18, which i think is my best. Normal would be 10-12 but was being urged on my brother and a mate. Overhand grip, no swinging & all the way down to full extension. I love my chins, doing them now with the weights vest....

I did 27 reps when Bioflex had some comps running here, won 1kg of creatine. There's a video somewhere. (I was about 75kg). I know you said not an old pb but currently I wouldn't be able to do 1 rep lol.

went 16,18,17 on the weekend at 85kg.

previous pb's are 33 at 75kg. 23 at 80kg (that I remember).

haven't been doing them as much lately. Going to get back into them.

I top out at 10 these days, at 70kg i could do 20-30.

I've noticed that my bench stability has gone up with chinning ability.

haven't tried unassisted recently

been doing 5 sets of 7 at 40kg assistance (bodyweight 103kg) alternating between chins/ pullups and 5 sets of 7 dips (also 40kg assistance)

I do 50 in total on back days (5 sets of 10) mixed in with rows, raises etc. Don't like going to failure on them. Also mix up which bars I use to also work forearms/wrists. (BW 96kg)

With fresh strength I can rip out 16 at 88kg

In conjunction with a full body workout I can only manage 6 at best this is usually preceding pullovers, rows and such.