• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fitness trainers face bans from Gold Coast beaches

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...oast-beach-ban

Gold Coast authorities are moving to ban personal trainers and fitness groups from its renowned beaches.

The local city council is proposing to amend a local bylaw that will impose a $375 fine on any business supplying personal or group fitness training on the sand or in the water at any of its beaches or bathing reserves, the Courier-Mail reports.

Beach hire equipment businesses will also be prohibited unless operated by a surf life saving club or with a permit.

The proposed ban, which is yet to appear before a full council, follows complaints from regular beachgoers.

"I think the beaches are the most important resource we've got and I think it's really important holidaymakers can enjoy them free of as many man-made instruments we can make for them," the city's chief lifeguard, Warren Young, was quoted as saying.

"I think it's important that we don't alienate normal recreation groups' use of the beach by having them (fitness groups) take up a whole area."

But a spokesman from a local fitness training group said that although he held training sessions up to four times a week, those sessions ran at 5.30am and 5.30pm when most tourists were either asleep or doing other activities.

Farkin rediculous, surely they should be able to use the beaches and surrounding areas in certain times of the day eg before 7 or 8 in the morning and after 6pm or something similar.

Just another freedom being taken away from us....

I think its crazy that if there's any group activities going on in a park you need a licence? wtf?! That's what parks are for... C-UNTS...

More ways to try and get the $$ from the average joe for sure...

In Sydney, If you haven't paid the council to use 'their' park/beach/space you will be asked to leave or pay a fine. Coogee, maroubra, and I'm sure Bondi, beaches all have boot camp style trainings run by private trainers and they all have to pay plus they're only allowed to use the beach before 7am and after 6pm (summer time anyway). My wife used to do some outdoor training with 'step into life' maroubra.
What locals were complaining about was they would go for a walk along the beach in the morning and have to listen to PTs yelling at their clients and people running everywhere taking up space on the beach. Hence why restricted hours and fees introduced.

Last edited:
Yeah... I found that really at odds with the govt. supposedly trying to get everyone active type initiatives etc... Again ; any chance to milk jo public in anyway they can

As a person who used to use a public park area to do HIIT I know what a pain in the arse these groups are. The damage they caused to my park area has made it impossible to use the park I used too.

You have a look at South Bank in Brisbane of a morning. Its just idiot Boot Campers taking up such a large area.

Yeah make em pay, at least to fix the grass and facilities they destroy. Brisbane Botanic Gardens is fucked in areas coz of these groups.

I think its crazy that if there's any group activities going on in a park you need a licence? wtf?! That's what parks are for... C-UNTS...

More ways to try and get the $$ from the average joe for sure...

This isnt aimed at average joes, its aimed at buissness operaters using public space to generate profit. Turning public space for commercial use. Any music/sporting event in public space has to have a licence, why shouldnt the dirtbag PT's pay through the nose aswell.

The total ban is a bit much.

I've always had the belief that Fitness operators should have a permit for public places, with a cap on how many people in the group.
They dominate the Wollongong parks near the beach, the groups they get are massive!

any trainers or studios wanting to run bootcamps and fitness classes in the parks here in Melbourne have to apply for permits from the council.

It's great cos in my area, it would be chaos if they didn't exercise control over the space available.
No over crowding this way.

don't think the permit costs anything... you just need to have permission to use it at certain times.

the same usually goes for functions etc.

That is exactly the scene on a day of decent weather in the gong! That shit should be banned, the parking on the beach foreshore is very limited plus they just take up so much room in that park!

They should only be able to use sporting grounds under the usual bookings council charge for use.

Not sure about the beaches in NSW and Melbourne, from what I have seen they are pretty condensed so I can understand large groups will take away space on a small beach.

The Gold Coast on the other hand stretches a very long way. Room shouldn't be a problem.

GoldC2.jpg