• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ACC wants three years' jail for supplying peptides or other PEDS

Sticky, it would only be for PEDs not approved. While i wont get into merits of sentences and criminality and so on, i think a crackdown on products not yet approved is reasonable.

That is my opinion; others may disagree.

Truth is that there is much evidence that can demonstrate that many of the new Peds are not that effective in any case, but that is another story i am seeking to address with a comparison of track and field perfomances in a number of countries since 2000.

The ACC does not make law, it makes a number of recommendations, with govt the final arbitrator.

If you think the proposal is silly, write to your MP or Senator should such ideas be considered.

Last edited:
Look at it this way, they are marketing something that is not approved for use in humans, for use in humans. If you took a veterinary drug and marketed it's use for humans you would be liable for prosecution and this is no different.

Now that i have re-read the original post, this is an idiotic idea, why should someone who supplies them to athletes have any difference in sentence to someone who supplies them to the general public?

This drugs in sport business is getting out of hand, half of these banned peptides will do very little and very few have been tested in the real world.

Sticky, it would only be for PEDs not approved. While i wont get into merits of sentences and criminality and so on, i think a crackdown on products not yet approved is reasonable.

That is my opinion; others may disagree.

no its only for selling them to athletes

the article says athletes , but this is the media for you , the acc could've said "selling peptides to anyone" but the media throws in athletes to make it more hard hitting

Does that mean I go to jail for buying my mum L'Oreal Paris?

Only if you're using it on yourself as well ... And then it's a special prison where you get to learn etiquette and how to be a lady in preparation for the day when you assume the throne of a little known eastern European country to which you can trace back your true lineage...

What I don't understand is this: there are still websites that sell Peptides in Australia. No, I don't mean US sites that ship here and hope that the package will get through customs, I mean sites that have ".com" addresses and appear on some level to be trading as a US entity but on checkout will *only* ship to (read: within) Australia. Prices are only slightly higher than US sites. Are these types of sites selling bunk?

There are also a few sites with ".au" domains selling peptides at astronomical prices. Are these legit?

Based on my research to date, I am of the understanding that peptides are not "illegal" in Australia, they can still be sold because they are of legitimate use to the research community - which is how the above sites aren't shut down.

Anyone "in the know" able to comment on the above? Cheers. :confused:

The ACC hasn't managed to charge any footballers with anything yet, have they? I knew they were toothless no hopers when that died red PM of ours took to the stage with 'em.

You can blame the media for this as well as just about everything else that happens in this country that is stupid and outrageous... Once they get a hold of something you can be sure that some impossible idiotic outcome will result.

It wont make no difference to anything, athletes have been on a fine line between whats legal and whats not in order to gain a competitive edge for decades, its not going to end with peptides, its just how it rolls.