• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Psychoactive and Entheogenic Plants

0ni

Registered Rustler
Anyone here grow their own psychoactive and entheogenic plants?

I will be planting some acacia acuminata when I get back to Australia, which is the plant that contains the highest levels of DMT in Australia.

I also have some salvia divinorum which is great for the first time grower as you get a return very fast. I have a wide variety of teas which I don't cure- I normally just dry the leaves and have it like that which is great.

I grew poppies in the UK but unfortunately that is very illegal in Australia for a whole host of reasons from opium control to alien species laws. I'm looking into getting some San Pedro or Peyote as well and need to do that sooner rather than later as they will take 5-7 years to mature! When I'm lucky I get my fair share of shrooms pop up around the local area as well as fly agaric. Although I don't grow these myself as they are plentiful

Growing Acacia acuminata is just as illegal as growing poppies if i recall correctly as it is a controlled plant (and DMT is a controlled class I Substance). Same goes with having dried bark/leaves, i think the trafficable quantity charge is very small. Just a heads up, although i am sure you are aware of the legalities.

Growing Acacia acuminata is just as illegal as growing poppies if i recall correctly as it is a controlled plant (and DMT is a controlled class I Substance). Same goes with having dried bark/leaves, i think the trafficable quantity charge is very small. Just a heads up, although i am sure you are aware of the legalities.

It's a native species to South Australia what are they going to do about it?
Will they come and arrest me whenever it rains in June and I get loads of shrooms appear on my lawn as well?

Seems pretty dubious to me. Thanks for the heads up anyway

The law states "any plant containing DMT", which is very hard to police, just don't get caught with the bark and you should be fine.

Thanks man
I have no idea why it's illegal at all. I don't think anyone has died from DMT overdose at all. Although I did find one hilarious account of a guy that was asking if he "died in the matrix" would he die in real life as well

After a bit of Googling it looks like they reviewed the decision for it to be controlled as some Aboriginal fellows complained

I like salvia, very much so. It is very similar to DMT
Oh, I also have some datura in my garden but would never take that. Too many people have died or "never come back" lol. It is a very pretty plant though. Apparently also illegal despite being a native species that grows everywhere. Nice war on nature you have going on Australia!

Do you grow them or forage them Brick? I'm thinking of growing some even though they are plentiful. You can feed them different tryptamines to get the shrooms to produce other tryptamines. For example feeding DMT to gold tops will produce 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT instead of psilocin (4-HO-DMT)

Do you grow them or forage them Brick? I'm thinking of growing some even though they are plentiful. You can feed them different tryptamines to get the shrooms to produce other tryptamines. For example feeding DMT to gold tops will produce 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT instead of psilocin (4-HO-DMT)

Ahh I haven't indulged in the gold tops in many a year. Had some pretty intense trips on gold top tea. That shit can completely ruin you if you become a pig on them, got some mates that are all twisted up in the brain from having too much of a good thing.

I just used to pick em straight out of the ground. Magical little fuckers appear anytime there is a cold foggy night after a temperate day, they grow where the cows shit. Can't let that turn you off though.

Apparently blue meanies don't grow around where I live, if they did I would have found em. They like it a little colder so you might be in luck in SA 0ni.

Sacrelige to grow em, part of the experience is traipsing through the forest and get dark and twisted in a lonely cow paddock.

Fancied myself as quite the shamon when I was in my teens, truth is I was to chicken shit to drink half the concoctions I brewed so fed them to courageous and willing mates. fascinating times were had!

I had ayahuasca vines growing on the back fence, psychotria, home made tinctures and extracts, shrooms in a humidicrib etc. My girlfriend at the time thought I was insane. My Dad is the unwitting carer of a 20 year old San pedro that is still thriving under a eucalypt in his front yard.

they are powerful plants that deserve respect, it's a shame they are not researched for psycho therapy and holistic medicine more openly

Fancied myself as quite the shamon when I was in my teens, truth is I was to chicken shit to drink half the concoctions I brewed so fed them to courageous and willing mates. fascinating times were had!

I had ayahuasca vines growing on the back fence, psychotria, home made tinctures and extracts, shrooms in a humidicrib etc. My girlfriend at the time thought I was insane. My Dad is the unwitting carer of a 20 year old San pedro that is still thriving under a eucalypt in his front yard.

they are powerful plants that deserve respect, it's a shame they are not researched for psycho therapy and holistic medicine more openly

Define openly?

There is alot in the literature regarding psychoactive substances in plants. Naturally if something shows benefit It will be isolated and a synthetic form will be made.

Kava seems to be a trendy thing in stores at the moment.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...sCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false

The biggest problem is getting permission to make it, lots of potential in research for THC/LSD but it is so tightly controlled that making enough for large scale trials would be almost impossible.

I know a few guinea pigs who conducted extensive research and it didn't end well.

Moderation friends I recommend moderation when self medicating.

The poster who said respect the substance was 100% correct.

Use can be enlightening, abuse can fuck your shit up permanently. As for drug research who wants the ****s to synthesise it, sterilise it and repackage it at a million % markup. Better to just pick the gold tops out of the cow shit or puke your guts on those hawaiian wood ruff seeds.

Good old school drugs oft forgotten in this age of xanax, cut coke, synthetic mull and piss weak pseudo eccies. I pity the world my children have to grow up in...

That's like saying chewing on willow bark is the same as taking aspirin, self medicating is borderline idiot with these kind of substances.

That's like saying chewing on willow bark is the same as taking aspirin, self medicating is borderline idiot with these kind of substances.

The term self-medicate was used tongue in cheek. I was implying experimenting with trips can be both fun and enlightening. Going beyond experimenting can and will lead to brain damage.

Define openly?

There is alot in the literature regarding psychoactive substances in plants. Naturally if something shows benefit It will be isolated and a synthetic form will be made.

Kava seems to be a trendy thing in stores at the moment.

Kava for the Treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder RCT: Analysis of Adverse Reactions, Liver Function, Addiction, and Sexual Effects - Sarris - 2013 - Phytotherapy Research - Wiley Online Library

I'm referring to the research by people like Alexander Shulgin, not profit-driven pharmaceutical companies.

I wouldnt call kava and entheogenic plant, I put it in the same class as alcohol with an extra sprinkle of liver strain.

I'm referring to the research by people like Alexander Shulgin, not profit-driven pharmaceutical companies.

I wouldnt call kava and entheogenic plant, I put it in the same class as alcohol with an extra sprinkle of liver strain.

Nothing wrong with profit, i doubt anyone here works for free?

Anyway Alexander is fascinated with the mind and study of it... Most people just want to be shit faced.

One is a scientist other turns into a junkie, 2 different things.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with profit, i doubt anyone here works for free?

Anyway Alexander is fascinated with the mind and study of it... Most people just want to be shit faced.

One is a scientist other turns into a junkie, 2 different things.

I didnt say there was anything wrong with profit or getting shit-faced. I'm simply interested in the use of entheogenic substances in a psycho-therapeutic context. There is no money in that hence why pharma companies are not interested.

I didnt say there was anything wrong with profit or getting shit-faced. I'm simply interested in the use of entheogenic substances in a psycho-therapeutic context. There is no money in that hence why pharma companies are not interested.

If they can make a 'cleaner' version of said substances then that is a good thing. Especially for therapeutic benefits.