• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Capo 5/5/2013 Limbo Gym Results

The easy way around problem is to make qualifying total occur in same year as nationals.

Perhaps an exception could be for a lifter if injured, and he or she has qualified previous year.

The other week i reffed at a novice comp in Albury; it was more fair dinkum than last year's Riverina champs overall given quite a few last year merely lifted what they needed to qualify with many 60kg lifts.

Who really wants to watch token lifts. Bottom line is gaining support, not pissing spectators off.

I had a few girls comment on how good their first comp was to watch as spectators the other week. If they saw lots of token lifts, i suspect they would just laugh.

Last edited:
You can't enforce a rule, but I wish I could work out how.

Easy enough, you implement a rule you must reach a minimum total in your weight class to qualify for nationals. Whats the point of having a state competition where you can get away with token lifts.

Easy enough, you implement a rule you must reach a minimum total in your weight class to qualify for nationals. Whats the point of having a state competition where you can get away with token lifts.

That doesn't solve the issue.

Capo have qualifying totals, still token lifts on weekend.

Hoc doesn't, no tokens (that I can think of) at ours.

That said, there was a guy doing tokens at GPC WA.

IMO if you have qualifying totals, they should be high enough that you have to be a power lifter to meet them.
Currently the PA and capo ones are very low.

This was a CAPO comp?

Yeah but if you're a teenager, junior, master or woman you only have to post a total. If you're an Open man you need to hit the qualifying total to lift at Nats.
Personally I think there should be qualifying totals applied to every lifter.

Yeah but if you're a teenager, junior, master or woman you only have to post a total. If you're an Open man you need to hit reach the qualifying total to lift at Nats.
Personally I think there should be qualifying totals applied to every lifter.

Me too.
Class 1 or 2 for opens
2 or 3 for juniors
3 or 4 for women and teens.

Yeah that's not to bad actually.

Have they gone up?

The last pa ones I saw for PA were a joke.

PA is
open - B grade
junior - C grade
subjunior - D grade
masters - any total

I agree they are fairly low and could afford to be open (A), junior (B), subjunior (C), masters (B). It's a balancing act between quality and the size of the comp. When you get enough people, you make it harder to qualify.

Yeah that's not to bad actually.

Have they gone up?

The last pa ones I saw for PA were a joke.

Think they might have mate, can't even remember what they were last year.
It's tricky when you've got an injured lifter but, I'm not sure if CAPO make any allowances for injuries. I'm a bit broken at the moment & will only be doing the bare minimum to qualify on Saturday.

I agree masters should have qualification, but wondering if numbers are important in terms of entry fees and paying venue.

Think they might have mate, can't even remember what they were last year.
It's tricky when you've got an injured lifter but, I'm not sure if CAPO make any allowances for injuries. I'm a bit broken at the moment & will only be doing the bare minimum to qualify on Saturday.

Still going to pull 300+?

PA is
open - B grade
junior - C grade
subjunior - D grade
masters - any total

I agree they are fairly low and could afford to be open (A), junior (B), subjunior (C), masters (B). It's a balancing act between quality and the size of the comp. When you get enough people, you make it harder to qualify.

PA's were meant to go up this year but apparently they left it too late the make the announcement. So things might be different next year.

I agree masters should have qualification, but wondering if numbers are important in terms of entry fees and paying venue.

That's the issue with qualifying.

I'd have a 630-650 for 90kg class which is a good 80kg higher than capo and a shit ton higher than PA, but then you cut the number of lifters from 150 to 60 odd.

That means everything gets down scaled.

As a meet director and competitor, I'd rather have no qualifying total at all, and loads of lifters so I could put on an awesome event.

You hurt it again, or is this an ongoing thing? I screwed my shoulder at Giants Live, causing me all sorts of greif :( :(

Ongoing mate, had X-rays the other day & I have a compressed disc in my lower back & my pelvis is tilted & rotated :( Soon as I go above 260ish on deads it tweaks my back. No heavy deads till Nats it looks like.
Hope you can get your shoulder sorted mate, injuries suck!!!