• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Force USA Power rack 'narrower' upgrade kits

littlebloke

Site Advertiser
Hi guys,

We've had regular feedback regarding the width of the older model Force USA F-PC and F-CPR power racks and a number of enquiries about an upgrade kit to make their width the same as the current, narrower model.

I've been chatting to the Force USA supplier in Aust and through them we are able to get a number of upgrade packs for the F-PC and F-CPR racks.

These packs will contain the skinnier horizontal crossmembers and skinnier chin-up bars - adding these will reduce the width of the either rack by 7cm making their width match that of the current model F-PC and F-CPR racks.

There will be a wait of up to 3 months while the packs are put together and shipped and the price per pack will be $110 for the F-PC upgrade and $180 for the F-CPR.

I know there's a few people on here that have the older wider rack and before we order them in, I'm keen to gauge the interest in these update packages.

What are people's thoughts?

I have a force usa commercial power rack, and it is too wide for most barbells, I would be very interested in a narrower kit for this

I have the Force USA F-PC.
Its not too wide in my opinion, its a bit under 6 months old, with the black pull up bar. Im guessing mine is the new type?

Would it be all the ones with chrome pull up bars that are too wide?

Hi
Would be interested in a narrowing kit for the F-CPR.
Please let us know how it progresses
Thanks

Can you confirm the exact measurements of the new pieces for the Commercial rack?

I got some narrower bits from Force USA to make my commercial rack usable, but it's still too wide to recommend.
The top crossbeam is currently 113cm wide
and the width from outside of the posts is 128cm
The bar length of an eleiko bar is 131cm which leaves only 1.5cm on each side, so most of the time the plates still bang.
I've already taken an angle grinder to the Jhooks to remove the bolts on the right hand side to stop that banging

If the new kits were about 4cm thinner to make the post width 124cm I'd consider spending the money, gets trickly making them too narrow as then you start risking squishing hands if you grip with hands just outside the rings

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay on these. We should have them in a week or so.

Small quantities, same price as initially listed ($110 for the F-PC upgrade and $180 for the F-CPR). Let me know if you'd like one reserved.

They will narrow the racks by around 7cm - I'll be able to confirm the width of the replacement pieces when they come in.

Ive got a Force USA Home (?) Rack that wont let me rack/unrack a SSB. Will this fitting fix the problem?

Ive got a Force USA Home (?) Rack that wont let me rack/unrack a SSB. Will this fitting fix the problem?

Hi Kaz,

I think from memory you had the F-HPR rack (this is the model with the single chin-up bar - see below) which did not have the width problem so unfortuantely these kits would not help.

If I've got the model wrong - let me know and I'll confirm.

F-HPR-LBF.png

[MENTION=4234]littlebloke[/MENTION]; you have a good memory! Thanks for getting back to me :)

Littlebloke,, Have these arrived yet?
Do you have the measurments for the commercial kits?

I'm looking to replace my ForceUSA rack with an Ironedge or maybe Rogue rack
if the new parts don't reduce the width.

Apologies - unfortunately the CPR kits have all been sold.

We have a few of the F-PC kits arriving on Friday - I'll put some info on those kits when I have them.

It's about three months to get them in stock so we're debating whether we will get any more in....

I wouldn't mind the 3 month wait, but there's no way I'm ordering without exact dimensions, I already had Force-usa replace 3 of the parts with narrower versions when I get the rack, but it's still too wide and the annoyance factor on squats is enough for me to consider selling the thing for scrap metal and replacing with a different brand