• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arm days only (Yes or No) ?

Arm only days?

• Yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
I don't but thinking of having arm only days. It;s been a few years since I've experience significant growth in the gunz. I wanna see if I can trigger new growth.

I do 2-3 exercises after chins and chest dips. I don't have separate chest and back days so I throw some bis and tris in then.

Oh ok, I guess there's an advantage to working back and chest on separate days as you can then work tris and biceps on those respective days and give them more attention/intensity.

I'm curious, when you say 'chest dips' what sort of parallel bars do you use as all the ones I've seen and used are too narrow to use as a specific chest exercise.
Ideally I'd like the bars to be a V shape so you can use the wider outer ends for chest dips and the narrower inner ends for triceps dips

Last edited:
OK from a puny girly perspective ...

I don't do "arm days" ... I do throw in some tricep dips and stuff as part of assistance work BUT

generally speaking my arms get a massive workout on leg day too (plus bruising).
If I'm using DBs for stuff like step ups and sumo squats and the like, my arms die before my legs even get tired.

I'm talking about holding a db that is about 50% BW here.
You don't get that if using a bb of course.

Also doing assistance work on olympic rings etc means arms get plenty of work time. ie switch dips and pushups to rings and you find your arms get a whole new workout.

I've seen more arm development in the past 6 months without really thinking about arms specifically - more than before when I was forced to do curls etc.

Oh ok, I guess there's an advantage to working back and chest on separate days as you can then work tris and biceps separately and give them more attention/intensity.

I'm curious, when you say 'chest dips' what sort of parallel bars do you use as all the ones I've seen and used are too narrow to use as a specific chest exercise.
Ideally I'd like the bars to be a V shape so you can use the wider outer ends for chest dips and the narrower inner ends for triceps dips

Yeah the wide grip ones that place emphasis on the chest, although the triceps still get worked somewhat.

Iwas doing curls and cable pushdown on all my off days late last year. Arms went 15.5-16.5 in 8 weeks. Was doing all sorts of different curls.

Good growth but I'm 90% sure it lead to an extended dose of elbow tendonitis, when added to my normal squat/dead/bench.

Everyone wants some of dem guns. Had 18" once upon a time. Arms needed their own day to get to that size.

I've never been a fan of an arms only day, nor one body part per day workouts, it's not what I consider a decent workout.

Arms only day is a waste of time. Use it to do real training.

Do you bother with skull crushers or anything?

I used to, and used to do curls too. Now I've got less time to work out I prefer to focus on compound movements, and see every arm set as one I could be pressing or pulling.

I've never done arms only days.... it would be a squeeze to fit it in.

Iwas doing curls and cable pushdown on all my off days late last year. Arms went 15.5-16.5 in 8 weeks. Was doing all sorts of different curls.

Good growth but I'm 90% sure it lead to an extended dose of elbow tendonitis, when added to my normal squat/dead/bench.

Everyone wants some of dem guns. Had 18" once upon a time. Arms needed their own day to get to that size.

You had 18" arms at 5'7"?
Is that muscular or just fat?

:eek:

Do you train arms as a stand alone day. If yes why, if not, why?

From memory...like me your arms got bigger after you started concentrating on the compound lifts...

Now that you have a stronger base it will be interesting to see what a 6 to 12 week arm specific program can do... I don't think they would change much further past this once your body adapts...

I would think you would need to hit the bi and tri twice every week? Will be watching with interest...

And it is real training. If you think it isn't do not post in this thread again or the BB section again.

Fuck you. I'm as much of a BB as any other fuck in here. My goals are to grow muscle and get stronger.

Do you have to do a heap of useless arm training to qualify for the BB section here.

Arms training is largely a waste of time especially the way most people do it. It doesn't need its own day.