• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arm days only (Yes or No) ?

Arm only days?

• Yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
I would go as far as saying as there is not a single muscle in the body which would NOT benefit from training it directly as opposed to indirectly, so if you're not training it directly you are doing it a diservice from a body building point of view, understandably there are different constraints placed on us all which effect when how and amount of training we can do.

Last edited:
I used to do arms only for triceps... Something like 3 sets of skull crushers to follow 5 sets of military press.... I'm much preferring doing 10 sets of military press now (I use a close grip).

Even without reading who has posted in this thread, based on the current poll results, I get a distinct feeling that the strength crew bois (0ni et al) have been tainting the votes.

Clearly the question was "do you ever train arms only" (not are you doing arms only at the moment), in which case, why would the polls say "No" in the bodybuilding section.. surely it has it's place at times e.g. when trying to bring up your arms through specific direct training of the arms when they are fresh.

Don't accuse me of shit when I have made my position on this VERY clear on multiple occasions. You're not even worthy of the term kunce m8

I don't see the problem with having an arms day
Especially if you're a strength athlete, can easily be done on your day off. Coan had an arms day

I'm all for the arms only day. 4 exercises for tris 3 for bis this gives me a chance to add calves and abs after my chest legs back and shoulder days. Arms isn't my biggest weak point and I find a good arm day to be good. Each to there own

Just FTR I canned arm only days after a couple of workouts. Just left me unfulfilled. I like to go home totally wrecked. Arm only days didn't do this.
Still smashing arms but in separate days with other exercises ( see log for full details :) ).

Now how do I change my vote? :p

Head Kunce

Just FTR I canned arm only days after a couple of workouts. Just left me unfulfilled. I like to go home totally wrecked. Arm only days didn't do this.
Still smashing arms but in separate days with other exercises ( see log for full details :) ).

Now how do I change my vote? :p

Head Kunce

Same here...

Not sure how Kunce get any satisfaction from arm only days..