• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Arm days only (Yes or No) ?

Arm only days?

• Yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
You had 18" arms at 5'7"?
Is that muscular or just fat?

:eek:

33" waist (across the belly button) without sucking my guts in and also had a 44" chest.

I lived ate and breathed the arnie bb encyclopedia for about 3 years. Was a bro scientist of the highest order.

You know what dark I think if you want that size those methods are best, 6 meals a day 4 day split with lagging muscle day etc etc. All the ****s that tout Iifym etc are usually just "in shape" you don't see many who are really huge and not pumping alot of gear. Drugs obviously change everything.

Fuck you. I'm as much of a BB as any other fuck in here. My goals are to grow muscle and get stronger.

Do you have to do a heap of useless arm training to qualify for the BB section here.

Arms training is largely a waste of time especially the way most people do it. It doesn't need its own day.

Are you saying Bazza that directly working arms is a waste of time?
If so, bullshit.

33" waist (across the belly button) without sucking my guts in and also had a 44" chest.

I lived ate and breathed the arnie bb encyclopedia for about 3 years. Was a bro scientist of the highest order.

You know what dark I think if you want that size those methods are best, 6 meals a day 4 day split with lagging muscle day etc etc. All the ****s that tout Iifym etc are usually just "in shape" you don't see many who are really huge and not pumping alot of gear. Drugs obviously change everything.

If that's the case then you were a fucken beast brick, I assume this was drug free.
Funny thing about so-called broscience is that a lot of it just fucken works.

Fuck you. I'm as much of a BB as any other fuck in here. My goals are to grow muscle and get stronger.

Do you have to do a heap of useless arm training to qualify for the BB section here.

Arms training is largely a waste of time especially the way most people do it. It doesn't need its own day.
You said in a blanket statement "arm training is a waste of time, do some real training".

No clarification or reasoning what-so-ever.

Maybe you don't need it on it's own day. I wanna hear from people who do or have done so.

Are you saying Bazza that directly working arms is a waste of time?
If so, bullshit.

No I am not. I am saying I think an arm day only is as well as most of the exercises people do. Training arms is hardly that taxing it needs its own day. Like most things I think frequency is better anyway, surely people don't really believe their arms need a week to recover. You can't have 3 arms days a week so you add them at them end of the workout a few times a week.

Pick one good exercise and hit it hard a few times a week.

If that's the case then you were a fucken beast brick, I assume this was drug free.

No steroids I would take clen an duromine to cut though.

I was forever injured you can't keep that up long term without steroids.

You said in a blanket statement "arm training is a waste of time, do some real training".

No clarification or reasoning what-so-ever.

Maybe you don't need it on it's own day. I wanna hear from people who do or have done so.

Read my first post. I said an arms only day is a waste of time.

The issue with bro science is that it misinterprets the true reasons for the success....

I love a good dose of training like broseph...

So far arms thread has no arm workouts...

Do you bother with skull crushers or anything?

I used to, and used to do curls too. Now I've got less time to work out I prefer to focus on compound movements, and see every arm set as one I could be pressing or pulling.

I've never done arms only days.... it would be a squeeze to fit it in.

Don't regularly do anything for triceps because I usually press 4-5 days a week so my tris get a fair workout anyway. Sometimes at the footy club I do tri pushdowns on the cable machine. I would do them more regularly if I have a high low pulley.

The rest of the isolation stuff tends to hurt my elbows after a while.

For the guns I just do a few sets of DB or BB curls at the end of upper body sessions.

Don't regularly do anything for triceps because I usually press 4-5 days a week so my tris get a fair workout anyway. Sometimes at the footy club I do tri pushdowns on the cable machine. I would do them more regularly if I have a high low pulley.

The rest of the isolation stuff tends to hurt my elbows after a while.

For the guns I just do a few sets of DB or BB curls at the end of upper body sessions.

Same here... I stopped doing tricep excercises... Mine get smashed enough from bench and OHP..

Kunces!!!

Yeah after 8-12 sets of bench dips and dumbell bench, then 5 sets of overhead press, I used to do tricep extensions........

Got really annoying, I've cut them out lol... No time these days.

Yeah I do an arm only day, I do a'5 day split which I consider a bbimg routine, back, chest, legs, shoulders nd arms, Mon to Fri and get between 12 and 18 work sets out during this time, reps ranging from 3 through to about 25, arm a day is both bis and tris but I also try to squeeze in some ABS and core stuff as well.

For arms I usually super set bis, tris, ABS/core, start with dips and bb curl heavy and then move to lighter weights with higher reps as the workout progresses.

I currently do a arms only day and have made some good progress

Current split

Mon vertical push pull
Tues legs
Thurs horizontal push pull
Fri arms

A bit of topic ......

I've always found dips to be the best Triceps exercise going. So I wondered why close grip chins didn't have as good an effect on the Biceps as Dips do on Tris.

Anyone else find close grip chins pretty useless for the biceps.

inb4 its a back exercise.

I got pretty strong arms doing just chins, but I used to do them wide grip. First time I tried a bicep curl after just doing rock climbing for 4 months i managed 50kg, which I thought was decent.

These days I do close grip, I think actually wide grip puts more stress on the biceps... and they give me a recurring injury near one of my elbows as a result. Sucks.

A bit of topic ......

I've always found dips to be the best Triceps exercise going. So I wondered why close grip chins didn't have as good an effect on the Biceps as Dips do on Tris.

Anyone else find close grip chins pretty useless for the biceps.

inb4 its a back exercise.

I think dips are great for tris.

Chins are great for Bis but I can't work chins very hard before my elbows hurt too much.

I got pretty strong arms doing just chins, but I used to do them wide grip. First time I tried a bicep curl after just doing rock climbing for 4 months i managed 50kg, which I thought was decent.

These days I do close grip, I think actually wide grip puts more stress on the biceps... and they give me a recurring injury near one of my elbows as a result. Sucks.

I think dips are great for tris.

Chins are great for Bis but I can't work chins very hard before my elbows hurt too much.
cheers. I suspect the Biceps get activated more at the top of the movement when doing chins, particularly close grip chins.