• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Really fucking hungry!

Riddles

I wish I was bulking but as some of my past threads reveal, I really would rather be losing weight.

The last two days I have been really hungry. I'm hungry to the point of being distracted at work when I'm trying to get things done. I'm also far from rich so I don't want to be buying food for meals I didn't plan for but my belly tells me I need. Not feeling craving for any foods in particular, just hungry. The last few weeks I've been quite good Cal and macro target wise with some progress to boot.

I tried all the tricks I know - drinking lots of water, drinking coffee, tea, eating half a meal and waiting, eating a full meal and waiting. But pretty much I'll eat a decent sized meal and within an hour I need another.

The only event I can correlate it with it is starting a new program which is a significant step up in difficultly for me. But this hungry feeling started two days after the last hard workout, so I'm not sure it's related.

Anyway, just wondering if people around here get similar things happening to you. Or is it some hormonal imbalance thing that all these websites tell me overweight people have.

Pretty sure I'm not pregnant too.

Eat heaps of green veggies. Low in cals and fills you up.
Eg: 100 gm of steamed green beans is under 30 cals.

Two real options-

1. Just ignore and adapt, the hunger pangs subside pretty quickly

2. Take a stim to take the edge off or boost the metabolic rate (depending what you take) just don't forget to eat to meet your macros an cals.

I also find eating ALOT of protein helps but can make you constipated if you neglect the fibre.

Also I see your not pregnant if you'd like to be just hit me with a pm and you can join a not very exclusive club.

Was a problem for me too...

I used IF and found it a lot more manageable..

So I was hungary from 10am to 12pm every day... But further on barely noticed it..

30% of daily intake at 12.00pm
A coffee

70% of daily intake between 7pm and 8pm

Fill up on veggies, very low in calories. I have found dozens of different ways to have heaps of veggies cooked and raw and it tastes awesome.

Sure you're not confusing hunger with sugar/carb cravings?

I find I get the strongest hunger cravings at night so I save the bulk of my calories for then.

what groar said lots of crunchy/raw veggies
If you get hungry have a carrot or a stick of celery or big chunk of raw cabbage.
lots of water , (or shakes) and plenty of green tea or puerh tea

I find if I eat a fatty meal, yes even though its packed with calories it keeps me full for longer, in fact if I top it off with a cheesecake I am then full for the majority of the day. Which is annoying as I am trying to eat more. However if I go the lean and mean option I can snack nonstop and hardly be satiable. How ironic is that!

I just toughed it out while dieting

I stil go hungry at night when I'm on a mild calorie deficit, I have to to lose weight. I just put up with it.

My trick would be do something you love doing that's not food related. For me that's watching a game of thrones or playing a good computer game. That will keep your mind off food.

Also caffiene in the form of very low cal energy drinks can help but don't overdo it. I wouldnt recommend duromine etc that will fuck with your head.

And eat more during work hours, I can't stand being hungry at work.

Was a problem for me too...

I used IF and found it a lot more manageable..

So I was hungary from 10am to 12pm every day... But further on barely noticed it..

30% of daily intake at 12.00pm
A coffee

70% of daily intake between 7pm and 8pm

Yeah that sort of timing is what I normally do i.e. black coffee for breakfast and large dinner. It seemed to work for me.

But it was just odd that it stopped working for a couple of days and got hungry all of a sudden. Seems to be better today.

Originally I thought it might have been sugar/carb cravings so I caved in with some cupcakes. But the cupcakes didn't help so there went that theory.

Ok
Yeah that sort of timing is what I normally do i.e. black coffee for breakfast and large dinner. It seemed to work for me.

But it was just odd that it stopped working for a couple of days and got hungry all of a sudden. Seems to be better today.

Originally I thought it might have been sugar/carb cravings so I caved in with some cupcakes. But the cupcakes didn't help so there went that theory.

I had it a couple of times doing Keto... It also coincided with increased activity and I do remember needing to eat a little more during those couple of days...

Perhaps your deficit is a little to high???? Maybe your body is telling you this...

Or like you say could just be a carb thing...

If it where me I'd increase my meat intake...instead of eating half a chicken for lunch id eat a full one...

If I was to add cupcakes id do it at dinner... So I could sleep off any of the carb cravings...

Being Hungry - Story of my fucking life

I get violent if i haven't eaten by 10am.... Food keeps me sedated Ie a Food coma

Lift, Eat n Shit

Well that's it if you are cutting you are probably going to be hungry at some stage. Cutting weight is simple, just need to eat less calories than you burn, but doesn't make it easy as shown by all they fat fucks out there.

Join the club, doesn't matter if my deficit is only a few hundred calories below maintenance, I could still smash a buffet full of food....

You will need to find ways around it, diet soft drinks, chewing gum, vegetables, water, distraction, harden the fk up, etc etc :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

As a bit of a follow up, my hunger pangs seem to have died down back to normal. Scale tells me I'm a bit heavier but I did eat lots of food and some not so good so fingers crossed it's mostly just water.

But anyway at the gym for the first time since this and felt great. I was actually dreading this session a bit as it was a high volume one but the weights felt easier than the last despite being a bit heavier. So yeah, felt stronger so perhaps there's some benefit.

I wish I was bulking but as some of my past threads reveal, I really would rather be losing weight.

The last two days I have been really hungry. I'm hungry to the point of being distracted at work when I'm trying to get things done. I'm also far from rich so I don't want to be buying food for meals I didn't plan for but my belly tells me I need. Not feeling craving for any foods in particular, just hungry. The last few weeks I've been quite good Cal and macro target wise with some progress to boot.

I tried all the tricks I know - drinking lots of water, drinking coffee, tea, eating half a meal and waiting, eating a full meal and waiting. But pretty much I'll eat a decent sized meal and within an hour I need another.

The only event I can correlate it with it is starting a new program which is a significant step up in difficultly for me. But this hungry feeling started two days after the last hard workout, so I'm not sure it's related.

Anyway, just wondering if people around here get similar things happening to you. Or is it some hormonal imbalance thing that all these websites tell me overweight people have.

Pretty sure I'm not pregnant too.
What is your current calorie intake?

Your appetite/hunger is controlled by hormones thyroid, ghrelin, leptin, cortisol, PYY (peptide YY), as well as blood glucose and insulin levels. They are all subsequently controlled by your habitual eating patterns, calorie and macro (including fibre) volumes at each feeding time, training frequency and volume as well as some lifestyle/environmental factors I.E stress and sleep patterns.

What is your current calorie intake?

Your appetite/hunger is controlled by hormones thyroid, ghrelin, leptin, cortisol, PYY (peptide YY), as well as blood glucose and insulin levels. They are all subsequently controlled by your habitual eating patterns, calorie and macro (including fibre) volumes at each feeding time, training frequency and volume as well as some lifestyle/environmental factors I.E stress and sleep patterns.

Currently Cal intake is aimed at 1500 for non-training and 2000 for non-training days. Realistically I normally overshoot these numbers by 10-20% but even when I do that consistently I seem to still make progress so I don't see the need to clamp down yet.

I welcome any suggestions.

Currently Cal intake is aimed at 1500 for non-training and 2000 for non-training days. Realistically I normally overshoot these numbers by 10-20% but even when I do that consistently I seem to still make progress so I don't see the need to clamp down yet.

I welcome any suggestions.
Depending on our macro balance of those calories, you may find your hunger being greater than at other times, like on your higher calorie day..

As mentioned in my last post, because hunger is controlled by a number of pathways and macro balance will play a big part in controlling all those factors and what you are doing with your meal frequency. Have you changed that recently?