• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Really fucking hungry!

Nope, macros had been pretty constant for about two weeks prior.

I generally aim for something like this on non-training days
protein - 140g
carb - 40g
fat - 80g

Extra cals on training days mostly come from carbs.

Nope, macros had been pretty constant for about two weeks prior.

I generally aim for something like this on non-training days
protein - 140g
carb - 40g
fat - 80g

Extra cals on training days mostly come from carbs.
Dem some LOW carb intake right there. Any reason for that? With the 1440 calories you are consuming, I think the macro balance could be altered and you may then find it will help curb your hunger ;)

I normally overshoot them a little to get at least 1500 Cals. After experimenting I found the lower carb works for me as I find I get better performance out of it and just generally feel better so I stuck with it. Also means I can eat more bacon.

Have more carbs after training though.

My suggestion would be instead of having a high carb day and a low carb day, have an averaged out carbohydrate intake on a habitual basis and that will help with your hunger levels. Your insulin levels will have an inconsistent habitual release (due to some days being high and others low) pattern and that will be certainly have a negative effect on hunger.

All the time? Really?

No one will take me seriously if I run around telling everyone Max Brenner made me fat. The running might do me good though.
My clients nor myself restrict ourselves from any food types they enjoy regardless of calorie intake. Everything can be accounted for in the daily nutritional intake. But first and foremost is ensuring minimum requirements are being met.

My clients nor myself restrict ourselves from any food types they enjoy regardless of calorie intake. Everything can be accounted for in the daily nutritional intake. But first and foremost is ensuring minimum requirements are being met.

Yeah Riddles....

Should see the food Max and co eat on facebook...

Eating sweets which are calorie dense makes feeling full a lot harder on a certain amount of calories. Also does nothing to alleviate cravings I used to find (other than lead to a full on binge)

Can someone please link to the appropriate Facebook Page so I can drool?

In other news... It's bacon week.

Meh.... Couldnt figure out how to link from phone... But search for this page and you should find it...

u3ujumag.jpg

Re bacon

apenu2ah.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

For me, certain things trigger "appetite" not hunger. It's important to know the difference.

Most people in the West rarely experience gut-wrenching hunger.

I have a bigger appetite when I do cardio. That's a fact. I have a bigger appetite when I eat breakfast, that's a fact. My body composition has been a lot better since I started missing breakfast. I don't eat until about midday. No set times, sometimes I eat at 11am or 1pm. Then I might have something before training, otherwise i'll train at 4pm or so, and eat again at 630-7pm. 2-3 solid meals with some protein shakes, snacks (fruits, nuts, yoghurt etc) and I am very well satiated.

Martin from Leangains wrote a pretty good piece on this. At the end of the day, it's an individual thing. I know people who simply cannot function without breakfast. I am totally fine with a decent coffee, or a protein shake with blueberries and walnuts if I really am desperate.

At the end of the day people need to find that balance and have a good relationship with food.

The food types they enjoy and what there personal preference is for meeting their nutritional needs, satiety, taste etc etc can and should not be influenced by stupid labels like ''clean'' ''dirty'' etc etc.

Nothing should be excluded unless there is an intolerance or allergy to a particular food type. No one should feel bad for having this food or that food. Food types do not determine health, consuming your required nutritional needs is what determines health.

If you can fit into your daily diet ice cream, chocolate, potatoes, pasta or whatever food go for it because any food type is allowed. Certain foods might contribute to more to meeting your daily nutritional needs than others but all foods do that in different areas. Some are more micronutrient dense than others, some are certain macros dense than others. So have a balance of all and never feel like you have missed out and enjoy life!

At the end of the day people need to find that balance and have a good relationship with food.

The food types they enjoy and what there personal preference is for meeting their nutritional needs, satiety, taste etc etc can and should not be influenced by stupid labels like ''clean'' ''dirty'' etc etc.

Nothing should be excluded unless there is an intolerance or allergy to a particular food type. No one should feel bad for having this food or that food. Food types do not determine health, consuming your required nutritional needs is what determines health.

If you can fit into your daily diet ice cream, chocolate, potatoes, pasta or whatever food go for it because any food type is allowed. Certain foods might contribute to more to meeting your daily nutritional needs than others but all foods do that in different areas. Some are more micronutrient dense than others, some are certain macros dense than others. So have a balance of all and never feel like you have missed out and enjoy life!

Its good to have you back Dr Brenner.