• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with clean bulking

Dsnail

Hey guys
Over the past couple of years I've gone from a fat 104kg down to 71kg with a good diet and hard training. Now I want to gain some muscle weight. I tried this in October November and December and got to 79kg but more fat than muscle. I've done some reading and my body type is ectomorph, which my body will convert carbs and glucose into fat easier( I could be wrong)
I do weights 4 times a week and use xtend during the day and during my workout, black bombs pre trainer, twice a day 2 x fish oil capsules and nitrixtest protein post gym and humapro protein before bed.
I also take measurements along the way to see gains and losses

So basically I'm after some advice / meal plan and protein powder recommendations for some clean bulking. I know it takes hard work to get results and am willing to keep putting in the hard yards. Any help would be appreciated.

Your body cant determine what is clean and what isnt.
Either
A) go heaps of maintence cals which is faster but you'll put on some fat as well, or
B) go a little over maint cals which is slower but mostly LBM

If you are eating clean in general & training HARD, adding a little fat & carbs to your diet wont really put on too much fat. Add in a banana to your shakes & even a couple of eggs. Are you having full cream milk? If not, you should be...
What are you having for breakfast and before bed?

Taurus at 5 am I have a bowl of Carmen's cereal with low fat milk then at 7 am a yoghurt, a handful of blueberries and 3 vita wheat crackers with cottage cheese and tomato. At 10 am 3 more vita wheats and cottage cheese. Around 1ish a salad with a tin of tuna. 4:30 a protein shake then gym then protein shake then chicken/fish or steak with veggies and some sweet potato then a humapro protein shake before bed.
I will change to full cream milk and go boil some eggs to take to work. I work underground in a coal mine so what ever I take that's all I have to eat. Makes dieting easy

Should not really get fat eating that, working in a coal mine and training 4 times a week:confused:

Not sure what this humapro stuff is you speak off but I would guess some rip off protein formula that does little apart from lighten your wallet. Same with 'Xtend' and 'black bomb' not sure what that is either.

If you want to use protein powder buy online and get pure protein powder, not the rubbish blends. Possibly lighten up on all the weird supplements, and you will have more money to spend on useful things.

Should not really get fat eating that, working in a coal mine and training 4 times a week:confused:

Not sure what this humapro stuff is you speak off but I would guess some rip off protein formula that does little apart from lighten your wallet. Same with 'Xtend' and 'black bomb' not sure what that is either.

If you want to use protein powder buy online and get pure protein powder, not the rubbish blends. Possibly lighten up on all the weird supplements, and you will have more money to spend on useful things.

Humapro is a huge scam. Protein power calming like 600% better absorption than whey and steroid like effects. Lol.

I think it advertises it is made from human milk. Fucking lol.

I'm not getting fat, I'm still losing weight. I'm after some help for a meal plan to gain without gaining a heap of fat. I know some fat will be gained but I would like to keep it to a minimum.
I'll be losing the humapro. First time I've tried it. This is why I asked for suggestions as i am on a learning curve and haven't had any proper advice on clean bulking. All advice is appreciated.
Cheers

Work out how many cals you need a day. use online calcs, then trial and error. Then if you want look up some diets/meal plans. There are a few on here, 2k, 2.5k, 4k by a member called 'Fadi'.

Xtend is pretty much the same thing as
bulk nutrients bcaa recovery only tastes a shit load better n is cheaper. Nothing wrong with it I have some occasionally

Xtend is pretty much the same thing as
bulk nutrients bcaa recovery only tastes a shit load better n is cheaper. Nothing wrong with it I have some occasionally

Tastes better and cheaper?? why have I not heard about this??

Just about run out of BN BCAA's and was thinking of ordering some more.

EDIT:

Just done a search, does not appear to be cheaper, actually a lot more expensive.

Last edited:
Tastes better and cheaper?? why have I not heard about this??

Just about run out of BN BCAA's and was thinking of ordering some more.

EDIT:

Just done a search, does not appear to be cheaper, actually a lot more expensive.

Yeah I was gonna say more expensive but tastes far better.

Last time I got it was 66.95 for a 1.2kg tub. bn bcaa recovery is $69 for 1kg so yeah... cheaper.

So for my first post it hasn't gone so well. It has been hijacked and turned into a conversation about BCAA's.
If anyone has some actual meal plan advice for 2600 cal a day it would be appreciated.
My calcs are base on 29 yrs old male 168cm training 4-5 times a week
Cheers
Dale

Use My Fitness Pal app to track calories. No need for meal plan. We don't know what you like.
Aim for 40/40/20 PCF

So for my first post it hasn't gone so well. It has been hijacked and turned into a conversation about BCAA's.
If anyone has some actual meal plan advice for 2600 cal a day it would be appreciated.
Cheers
Dale

There is a thread by max Brenner here if you search for it, it should give you a good idea of what macros you need.

Found the link:
http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/15230-calculating-calories-macronutrients-bmr.html

Take a look at that and let us know how you go, it may need abit of tweaking.

You can bulk with minimal fat gain by aiming for only a small weight increase each week. As for meal plans it depends on what you want to eat.

Last edited:
Cheers
Dale

Well at 168cm and 29 years old also, i can probably help out a little..

Just bulked from 65kg to 77kg still pretty vascular and can see my abs...

I try to eat as clean as possible the majority of the time but if nothing super clean is available i'd still rather eat some "junk" over skipping a meal and not eating at all...

A typical day's nutrition for me consists of:
Oats w lite milk & 1 whey shake
Chicken & Green veg
1 banana and some cashews
Chicken & Brown rice (could use white i just prefer brown)
Train
Post workout shake with carbs.
Chicken / Fish / Steak with veges or salad...

Just adjust your portion size so you dont go to much over maintenance and you should be able to start putting on some weight... Its a slow process i made the mistake last time round (first bulk ever) of just eating everything in sight and put on a lot more body fat than i wanted - when i cut it all off it turned out i had a lot less LBM than i thought...

Hopefully that helps out a little...

Thanks guys
I downloaded my fitness pal and came in at 1000 cals under for a typical day. I read max brenners post and thx for your typical meal. I think I basically keep eating similar stuff but add more lean meat and some carbs.
I made that mistake on my first bulk, which is why I came here
Cheers guys

By the way the xtend is $39 ish for 396g and $65 for the 1.125 kg