• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

trap bar= serious gains

Marty,
What they're saying is - you went from 160 normal DL to 200 trap DL. How do you call that a gain rather than saying you're capable of pulling more with a trap bar than a normal bar?

Marty,
What they're saying is - you went from 160 normal DL to 200 trap DL. How do you call that a gain rather than saying you're capable of pulling more with a trap bar than a normal bar?

So what im saying is I progressed at the start I couldn't even do 130 on trap bar so over time short period of time my lifts went up dramitacly in all area's. What ppl fail to add in as well is your average trap bar is 15 to 20 kgs heavier than normal bbs.most gridion and rugby sides are implementing trap bar deads because of the explosive all round power and strengh they can deliver in comparison to traditional bbs. Just saying :)

These clubs don't use it because it is seen as safer option??

"The trap bar was originally patented in 1985 by a powerlifting aficionado named Al Gerard, who was trying to find a way to train around a recurring lower back injury. It has since gained widespread support among many coaches as a back-friendly alternative to both traditional straight-bar deadlifts and squats."

Last edited:
I think as your arms are able to fall vertical beside your body when doing the exercise and you can sit into it more, it works the legs more so then the the hips.

Different to a deadlift, more like squats with dumbells ie: front squat workout.

why didn't you just say
serious gains - I went from 130kg trap bar deadlift to 200kg trap bar deadlift?

You're hiding behind "oh it's what body building is about" while making "strength" gain claims.

you might be highly confident that there is a carry over... so go ahead..
load up a regular BB and start at 160 and do singles and increase the weight till you fail.
lets see how much carry over there is...

bet you won't... because body builder so not important.

lol..

It's great you got stronger at trap bar deadlifts.

but it is not a deadlift as most people know a deadlift.

are your numbers on bench and rows also the new number on the trap bar?
or are they the new numbers on regular BB?

as in, you were benching 100kg on a BB before and after some time benching with a trap bar, you can now do 120kg on BB bench?

I pulled 230kg with the trap bar pretty easily when my best deadlift was 200kg

I pulled 230kg with the trap bar pretty easily when my best deadlift was 200kg

I'm starting the trap bar fed, wanna join. Three lift comps, multi ply, special trap bar monos.

It'll be good, we can all set world records on the trap bar and get around claiming national and world records in powerlifting. They still count in gear why shouldn't they count with the trap bar.

I'm starting the trap bar fed, wanna join. Three lift comps, multi ply, special trap bar monos.

It'll be good, we can all set world records on the trap bar and get around claiming national and world records in powerlifting. They still count in gear why shouldn't they count with the trap bar.

That would be great!!!! if ppl actually gave a fuck about power lifting. ..

That would be great!!!! if ppl actually gave a fuck about power lifting. ..

Excellent you are member #2 & vice president.

Congratulations on your world record in the deadlift at whatever weight category you are in.

I have white lighted the lift and will put your medal in the post.

Now all we need is a cool logo and some t-shirts.

We could load women on the bar and set it in a rack and have OHP cunny as an event

Excellent you are member #2 & vice president.

Congratulations on your world record in the deadlift at whatever weight category you are in.

I have white lighted the lift and will put your medal in the post.

Now all we need is a cool logo and some t-shirts.

Oh oh can I please be junior vice president? Please please ??

Who r u? someone bring back the REAL McFly. f-ing and c-ing. I know what Punters want!

Who r u? someone bring back the REAL McFly. f-ing and c-ing. I know what Punters want!

Those dumb **** mods send me pms to tone it down and be nice to ******s like oni and brick. I mean ffs who gives a fuck about onis feelings hes a 65 kilo transexual. I have seen cat walk models with burlemia have higher bench presses than him. I mean who the fuck he's kidding with a 230kg dead lift. Some ****s exaggerate there numbers like some bitches and tthere dress sizes. And don't get me started on brick...unfortunately im not aloud to fi society justice and rid t house e world of the oxygen thieves. And man to tell u the truth I look better than half the ****s here so there there insignificance poor excuse of opinions means FUCKk ALL so they can blow my trumpet

Those dumb **** mods send me pms to tone it down and be nice to ******s like oni and brick. I mean ffs who gives a fuck about onis feelings hes a 65 kilo transexual. I have seen cat walk models with burlemia have higher bench presses than him. I mean who the fuck he's kidding with a 230kg dead lift. Some ****s exaggerate there numbers like some bitches and tthere dress sizes. And don't get me started on brick...unfortunately im not aloud to fi society justice and rid t house e world of the oxygen thieves. And man to tell u the truth I look better than half the ****s here so there there insignificance poor excuse of opinions means FUCKk ALL so they can blow my trumpet
atta boy. Keep up the good work!:)

And who gives a rats ass about my spelling and grammer! I couldn't give two fucks what some troll monkeys think of it who spend more time on forums then lifting. Alot of ****s a round here got big fingers from punching out them reps on a fucking keyboard.

Did you type that with the trap bar. You know trap bar posts don't count right?