• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Wilks is a douche!

Labelling a whole organisation based on 1 or 2 people is slanderish.

Submitting subjective reports to asada / police is childish.

Pa is a business. . He is trying to protect his business interest by riding the anti doping wave in the media.

If he can get it into peoples heads every other fed is evil he will get more people.

Since when is Ipf the worlds official powerlifting fed?
****s off his chops.

Since when is Ipf the worlds official powerlifting fed?

If there is such a thing as an official world governing body for any sport, it's hard to see how it be anything other than the IPF. Its the first, oldest and biggest fed, covers the most regions and participating countries and the only fed that is a member of SportAccord, the umbrella organisation of world sporting governing bodies for all Olympic and non-Olympic sports.

He is just trying to secure some funding for his lifters and the organisation. Can't really blame the bloke for riding on the coat-tails of the media and broader publics opinions.

Probably not how I'd approach it, but then you have to be a political animal to end up in charge of a not for profit community organisation like PA.

i think it is fair to say the IPF is the most prestigious powerlifting fed if one uses IOC accreditation and govt support as the basis.

However, i think it is also fair to say that each sport has a natural right to offer alternative federations. These supposed splinter groups exist for a variety of reasons well beyond what Robert's recent media efforts portray.

Im sorry but I like double ply and monolifts.

Does robert laugh at ed coans wpc records?

He must do..

And lets not forget drug tested does not mean drug free... I have a wide array of clients and I know what goes on.

I'm just curious, people always say that there are ways to get around random, year round testing.
The only way i can see this being possible is if there is a) an official who tampers with tests b) an official who chooses not to test those who are using a drug or c) there is some sort of chemical to hide the results ( but as far as i'm aware, they test for these chemicals too)

which are you referring to? or is there some other way?

I'm under no illusions that there are drug users in tested sports, i just cant understand how there is a way to cheat these systems.

Can anyone actually answer that in detail?

Just listened to the radio interview for the first time and fuck it was frustrating.

He makes it sound like the only reason people lift in untested comps is because they are all on drugs.

Drugs are the only reason why anyone lifts bigger totals than his lifters.

Every tested lifter is totally perfect and clean.

In 1990 Senate inquiry, when others pointed to drug advantage of 25%, Wilks pointed to 10% difference between drug free federation records and IPF records.

1990, senate inquiry concluded

'Given the recent history of powerlifting in Australia it is unlikley the APF (now PA) would become (or continue indefinitely) as the sole representative of powelifting. Nevertheless, that it is the IPF recongised body simplifies the present question about the allocation of public funding'.