• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'm just curious, people always say that there are ways to get around random, year round testing.
The only way i can see this being possible is if there is a) an official who tampers with tests b) an official who chooses not to test those who are using a drug or c) there is some sort of chemical to hide the results ( but as far as i'm aware, they test for these chemicals too)

which are you referring to? or is there some other way?

I'm under no illusions that there are drug users in tested sports, i just cant understand how there is a way to cheat these systems.

Can anyone actually answer that in detail?

Hope someone can answer this.
Bazza you insinuated not every tested lifter is clean, what makes you believe this?

We all say things like this, but i wonder if there is any actual facts behind any of our beliefs.

I know in the past i have said this same thing with no evidence, i hope we aren't all just spouting bullshit because everyone else is.

Bazza you insinuated not every tested lifter is clean, what makes you believe this?

We all say things like this, but i wonder if there is any actual facts behind any of our beliefs.

I know in the past i have said this same thing with no evidence, i hope we aren't all just spouting bullshit because everyone else is.

Do you know exactly how many people in pa get tested?

Some have been there for years and never tested. So what does that prove?

Because the pharmacists always have been ahead of the testers.

Because every sport has people that managed to beat drug tests before actually getting caught or never even being tested positive ( lance Armstrong)

You can be on the gear for the last 10 years. Go clean and then start competing in tested competition. That's not clean in my book.

I also never said that there is 100% guaranteed drug using lifters in tested competition but its definitely possible and not a bit stretch to believe. Testing makes it harder to cheat but it has always been behind the drugs.

Yes I hope no PA members have ever done anything dodgy in their past.

Talk about sensationalism. .

So you do some time thats it you cant do anything for the rest of your life without people insinuating things?

Robert Wilks "looks" like a pedophile. Doesnt mean he is one.. but fuck he sure does look and act like it.

Cheers for the replies guys, All valid points.

Christian, i think that tells me there is selective testing, however in PA i've been told SP gets tested a lot and i assumed this would be the case for all high level lifters. What i am mostly interested in is elite athletes as their records are the ones that represent the federation. Do you mean to say that PA and other drug tested feds and organisations might choose clean lifters to test, and there really isn't random drug testing?

Bazza and Wingman, Most of the guys who would take drugs in powerlifting i assume would be taking AAS, are you implying there is some sort of chemical to cover up the use of these drugs, that they don't yet test for? Have you heard the names of any of these chemicals, or any that have been successfully used and since been put on the list of substances to be tested for?

I realise this is coming across as if you're on trial and i'm on the defensive, but i'm not a PA member and am just genuinely curious for my own information.

Test suspension.. whats the detection time?

Gh

Igf1

Insulin

Peptides

You cant test for these as there are no metabolites as they are all natural peptides not artifical drugs.

No shit talk here.

1. no one here as far as i can see said anyone at PA is definitely cheating

2. it is totally possible to not be clean and lift in tested comp either by being missed, lucky or consciously trying to bet tests. Still not saying anyone is doing it but its possible.

Don't get upset at us about this talk when the head bloke starts the king of shit talking and mud slinging.

Wasn't Lance Armstrong the most tested person on the planet, never failed a test?

*Deleted quote*

No. Not even close.

I am not on radio saying the only reason why people lift more is due to drugs and easy rules.

I am not singling individuals out.

I am not even saying anyone in tested comp is or has ever been on drugs. I'm just point out its possible.

Its not even close.

Saying we cannot discuss this is fucken retarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Deleted quote*

No it isnt..

They are pointing out the flawed logic your president has to the forum here so unsuspecting people dont believe his bullshit. Or get suckered into us or them mentality.

Capo and gpc people would lift in pa if robert wasnt such a fucking cock sucker and woukd allow it.

But no then pa people would lift with capo or gpc and shit that woukdnt be good would it?

Pa is now a world wide official joke and its been brought on itself due to the short sightedness and ego of its 'president'.

Now im off to jab my ass and hang out with my 1% er mates while I snort coke off a 16yo hooker.

Exactly what Christian said its pointing out flawed logic.

Not that anyone gives a shit if or where i ever compete but this garbage will mean i probably won't lift with PA.

Hypothetical Question.

If I juice for 10 years then take some time off come to ipf and break records and pass tests. Am I clean?

*Deleted quote*

Spritcha. We are pointing holes in his argument, that is NOT making accusations towards anyone or any organization. You are putting words in people mouths.

Oh yes what I said is aggravating things. Lol. Wilks has done enough aggravating for the whole of powerlifting.

Wilks is the President. PA are linked and accountable to what he says. If they don't like it or agree get rid of him then.

*Deleted quote*

What you said there is exactly what we have been saying the whole time.

Passing a test does not equal clean. This does not mean You or I are suggesting people at PA are not clean.

*Deleted quote*

You are trying to put words in my mouth again.

Never said or suggested anyone is on the gear.

Pointed out that it is possible even when tested.

Not targeting anyone from PA. You keep missing this.

I think you will find everyone posing here wants powerlifting more unified rather that fighting between Feds. I think you should be directing your frustration toward wilks not us here.