• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Clenbuterol: Should I feel the side effects? Dose suggestions?

Firstly, Darkoz, ask questions before calling me an idiot. This is my first post, and I'd appreciate the opportunity to share in a welcoming environment. ......
I didn't call you an idiot, I said what you are doing is stupidity.
There is ZERO reason for you to be using clen, what do you intend to do once you reach your goal weight, keep taking clen to maintain it and accept the severe side effects from long term use?
I can guarantee that if you rely on drugs to lose weight you will re-gain that weight and end up even heavier than when you started out.

Last edited:
OK. Does clen allow you to lose more than 1kg a week, and help maintain muscle mass?

I thought the point of clen was to combine it with steroids, so you could lose lots of weight but the steroids help maintain the muscle mass. I'm no expert.

I don't see the point of taking it alone, unless it suppresses appetite?

They are too learn but don't get shitty if you don't get the answer you want.

None of these venomous comments are sharing anything worthwhile, nor are they going to teach me anything. If you want to say something, say something worthwhile. Give a response, but give a good one.

The forum is for sharing information.
The OP has made her decision. Stop with the personal attacks.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

OK. Does clen allow you to lose more than 1kg a week, and help maintain muscle mass?

I thought the point of clen was to combine it with steroids, so you could lose lots of weight but the steroids help maintain the muscle mass. I'm no expert.

I don't see the point of taking it alone, unless it suppresses appetite?

Hi. From what I've read it's best not to combine Clen with anything, and yes, it increases the amount of weight you can lose per week, but not by a large amount. I'm not looking to lose max weight instantly, but I am looking to increase what I am currently losing now, which is far less than a kilo a week. In the last 4 weeks I've lost 2kg and dropped my body fat by 4%.

This is a really great post I came across on here. It shed light on a lot of the misconceptions of Clen that I'd come across elsewhere. I've been reading about if for days. It's just difficult to get one answer from many different points of view.

If you're interested: http://ausbb.com/steroids-performance-enhancers/16979-clenbuterol-handbook.html

Last edited:
OK how does it enhance it though?

Since you can already lose like 750g-1kg a week if you're determined.

None of these venomous comments are sharing anything worthwhile, nor are they going to teach me anything. If you want to say something, say something worthwhile. Give a response, but give a good one.

Well here is my opinion if you lost 15kg in 12 months and have only started weights 5 weeks ago why not continue on the same path.

OK how does it enhance it though?

Since you can already lose like 750g-1kg a week if you're determined.

Clenbuterol raises metabolic levels about 10 percent, and it can raise body temperature several degrees. In doing so, the body burns more calories.

In the last 4 weeks I've lost 2kg and dropped my body fat by 4%. I've started to slow down on my weight loss because I'm gaining muscle.

Well here is my opinion if you lost 15kg in 12 months and have only started weights 5 weeks ago why not continue on the same path.

Hi. Mainly because I'm only a max of 8kgs from my ideal weight and it's become a lot more difficult to lose weight as time has passed. This has its positives because I'm gaining muscle through weights, my body fat % is dropping from the weights and cardio, but I still have excess fat around my thighs and stomach that is harder to get rid of. The cardio helped shed the excess fat, but now I'm getting to the point where I want to tone and shed those difficult kgs. I still work my arse off at the gym every day though.

Hi. Mainly because I'm only a max of 8kgs from my ideal weight and it's become a lot more difficult to lose weight as time has passed. This has its positives because I'm gaining muscle through weights, my body fat % is dropping from the weights and cardio, but I still have excess fat around my thighs and stomach that is harder to get rid of. The cardio helped shed the excess fat, but now I'm getting to the point where I want to tone and shed those difficult kgs. I still work my arse off at the gym every day though.

Post photos Lane...

What calorie intake are you using and what is your bmr?

Also are you following any particular diet approach???

Post photos Lane...

What calorie intake are you using and what is your bmr?

Also are you following any particular diet approach???

Hi. I'm not looking at a specific calorie intake at this stage in my training. My personal trainer has told me not to worry so much about calories and to focus on my food.

My diet involves a 90g protein serve for every meal; a handful size for each meal; five meals a day, or six if dessert.

I have rye toast in the morning with a hard boiled egg and avocado. Following this, I have a variation of a green salad with every serve of protein. I have chicken for most of my protein serves, fish (usually with veg) in the evening and a protein shake after training. I don't have carbs in the arvo and have cut out sugars and most dairy.

My BMR is about 1450 (last time I checked)

Hi. I'm not looking at a specific calorie intake at this stage in my training. My personal trainer has told me not to worry so much about calories and to focus on my food.

My diet involves a 90g protein serve for every meal; a handful size for each meal; five meals a day, or six if dessert.

I have rye toast in the morning with a hard boiled egg and avocado. Following this, I have a variation of a green salad with every serve of protein. I have chicken for most of my protein serves, fish (usually with veg) in the evening and a protein shake after training. I don't have carbs in the arvo and have cut out sugars and most dairy.

My BMR is about 1450 (last time I checked)

So the reason you are having trouble losing more fat is too many calories... Most likely because your metabolism has slowed with all that cardio...

To combat this you take clen which burns more calories... I feel that this is premature...

You could have achieved the same without clen with the right advice... You might feel that the forum here is a bit aggressive.... Hang around and you will see there are a lot
Knowledgeable people here...

For instance the Clen post you looked at... Lots of good info like that is here on all manner of things...

Here's something helpful.

Stop taking the clen.

People have said it's stupid, and it is.

It's obvious you don't know what you are doing. You have shown you can't even get the dose right.

With any drug, especially stuff you are getting under the table without the guidance of a doctor you do your research BEFORE taking it. Where is the friend that gave it to you and suggested it in the first place? Surely if you trust them enough to take drugs off them they know the answers to the questions you are asking here?

You are getting offended by people here saying that what you are doing is stupid, but you haven't given up any information that will prove otherwise. Unless you do no one is going to assist you in your stupidity.

As a strength training newbie you are probably going to get more results by training properly and paying attention to your diet then doing as you are without assessing your diet properly and adding clen.

So the reason you are having trouble losing more fat is too many calories... Most likely because your metabolism has slowed with all that cardio...

To combat this you take clen which burns more calories... I feel that this is premature...

You could have achieved the same without clen with the right advice... You might feel that the forum here is a bit aggressive.... Hang around and you will see there are a lot
Knowledgeable people here...

For instance the Clen post you looked at... Lots of good info like that is here on all manner of things...

I think my calorie intake is very good (definitely not high), but I'm not counting calories to the point where I could tell you. Thank you for the advice though.

And you're right, I know there's lots of great info to be found on here. I've been searching through this forum for several years, but thought it would be a good time to put myself out there and try to get some specific advice. My main concern was the side effects and what was normal (or to be expected).

I made the decision to take Clen, and I did a lot of reading into it beforehand. There were just a couple of things that I couldn't find in the info I'd come across.

I appreciate your reply. Cheers.

Weight training that includes linear progression on the main lifts.... Reduces bf%!

Long term Slight calorie deficit with adequate protein... Reduces bf%!

Then its back to your genetics...

Here's something helpful.

Stop taking the clen.

People have said it's stupid, and it is.

It's obvious you don't know what you are doing. You have shown you can't even get the dose right.

With any drug, especially stuff you are getting under the table without the guidance of a doctor you do your research BEFORE taking it. Where is the friend that gave it to you and suggested it in the first place? Surely if you trust them enough to take drugs off them they know the answers to the questions you are asking here?

You are getting offended by people here saying that what you are doing is stupid, but you haven't given up any information that will prove otherwise. Unless you do no one is going to assist you in your stupidity.

As a strength training newbie you are probably going to get more results by training properly and paying attention to your diet then doing as you are without assessing your diet properly and adding clen.

If you read the previous posts you would have seen my reply to someone else that stated my diet. I'm on a very good eating plan given to me by my PT and I'm training hard. Where my friend is, is of no concern to you. He gave me lots of info. I was just after something specific, and I like to get a lot of advice to get a feel for what might be right for me. If one person told you something would you take it as gospel without doing your research and asking questions from other people that may have experienced the same thing? I think not.

Please take your comments elsewhere.

Clenbuterol raises metabolic levels about 10 percent, and it can raise body temperature several degrees. In doing so, the body burns more calories.

In the last 4 weeks I've lost 2kg and dropped my body fat by 4%. I've started to slow down on my weight loss because I'm gaining muscle.
Why can't you just achieve the same thing by dropping calories by 10%? I must admit to get to a six pack I cut a shitload of cals, but I was impatient, especially as I approached my 'ideal' weight. In hindsight I could probably achieve the same bodyfat % by stretching the diet over a few more weeks.

I'm not against it with a closed mind. Hell I'd take it if it helped me, I just don't see a reason to. It probably is one of the safer PEDs (if u could consider it that) to take. So long as you don't OD and induce heart failure.

Weight training that includes linear progression on the main lifts.... Reduces bf%!

Long term Slight calorie deficit with adequate protein... Reduces bf%!

Then its back to your genetics...

Cheers. I tried to post a photo to give an idea of my general body shape, but I couldn't figure out where to upload it. Doesn't matter. I'm a full figured woman with a naturally athletic build.

Why can't you just achieve the same thing by dropping calories by 10%? I must admit to get to a six pack I cut a shitload of cals, but I was impatient, especially as I approached my 'ideal' weight. In hindsight I could probably achieve the same bodyfat % by stretching the diet over a few more weeks.

I'm not against it with a closed mind. Hell I'd take it if it helped me, I just don't see a reason to. It probably is one of the safer PEDs (if u could consider it that) to take. So long as you don't OD and induce heart failure.

I'm not sure what PEDs are? Sorry.

"Clenbuterol is known as a sympathomimetic. These hormones are taken to mimic adrenaline and noradrenaline in the human body. Clenbuterol is a selective beta-2 agonist that is used to stimulate the beta receptors in fat and muscle tissue in the body. Clenbuterol exhibits most of it's effects on the stimulation of both type 2 and 3 beta receptors. Clenbuterol is really one of bodybuilding's most misunderstood performance enhancement drugs."

I guess I'm on a journey, just like you were/are, and I will learn from that experience.