• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Are you willing to shit where you eat?

I have multiple gym memberships and move around a lot. I own houses in Oz and Thailand. I don't care what people think of me coz I'll never know what they really think of me. Yeah, I'm comfortable in my own skin but I recognise it's a shallow, materialistic world we live in.

And I kinda expect every relationship I'm in to turn to shit eventually - I don't know anyone my age who is happily monogamous ... Think about this (if it doesn't do your head in), do your parents still enjoy sex together?

I've found that some chicks go to the gym to workout and not talk to anybody (headphones on, Girlfriend mag in front of their cardio machine), other chicks love to go and be noticed and perved at, but then pretend to be indignant if you stare at their arse too much (the lululemon wearing, leggings, and full on makeup), noting that most of their exertion is spent txting on their iphones in between sets of 1kg dumbell half repper curls. I have yet to know of a chick who goes to the gym wanting or anticipating an actual pickup from a sweaty, hulky (eg intimidating) bloke. It just comes across as sleazy. You'd have a far better chance by joining a class with a high F:M ratio (eg yoga, pilates, threadweaving) or hit up a boozed up sloot in a club playing remixes of One Direction.

I've found that some chicks go to the gym to workout and not talk to anybody (headphones on, Girlfriend mag in front of their cardio machine), other chicks love to go and be noticed and perved at, but then pretend to be indignant if you stare at their arse too much (the lululemon wearing, leggings, and full on makeup), noting that most of their exertion is spent txting on their iphones in between sets of 1kg dumbell half repper curls. I have yet to know of a chick who goes to the gym wanting or anticipating an actual pickup from a sweaty, hulky (eg intimidating) bloke. It just comes across as sleazy. You'd have a far better chance by joining a class with a high F:M ratio (eg yoga, pilates, threadweaving) or hit up a boozed up sloot in a club playing remixes of One Direction.

and some of us actually go to the gym to train hard and go home

no mags on cardio crapola, no makeup, no pickups ... no BS

sheesh

Look if you're a single guy then the gym is as good a place as any to meet women, plus you get a better idea of what the package looks like

:eek:

G'day Kaz. I don't know exactly what an "ol' dig" is. Hence chances are I am one without even knowing it! But they say 50 is the new 40 ...
And I agree, nobody, male or female, likes to be hit upon while training. I used to get gays trying to do so when I trained at certain gyms (not that I'm homophobic). But I can still sometimes elicit a friendly smile from a pretty lady at the water fountain. It can be hard just to make eye contact tho, when they're focussed on the video screen and the music coming through their earphones.

Anyway, it's great to get a female's perspective. Please continue to comment!
Ol' dig = Ol' bugger
Earphones = dont bother me.
Excuse me can you show me how to....= opportunity to impress ;)

Of all the dudes I interacted with at the gym when I was going was because they were the ones who were just there seriously to train not flirt and flash, happy to say Hi, happy to work in on machines, happy to have general chat. I avoided all the dudes that came accross too strong. Or flashed abs... or grunted. ..

Ol' dig = Ol' bugger
Earphones = dont bother me.
Excuse me can you show me how to....= opportunity to impress ;)

Of all the dudes I interacted with at the gym when I was going was because they were the ones who were just there seriously to train not flirt and flash, happy to say Hi, happy to work in on machines, happy to have general chat. I avoided all the dudes that came accross too strong. Or flashed abs... or grunted. ..

Thanks, Kaz. Obviously I go to the gym to train first. But the fact is, this morning the gender ratio was 6 hot F:1 solitary M (me) and surely that's worth commenting on.

Anyway, I'm hitting quads with heavy squats this arvo and don't expect anything but a world of pain ...

and some of us actually go to the gym to train hard and go home

no mags on cardio crapola, no makeup, no pickups ... no BS

sheesh

If I saw you at a gym ccm I would soooo hit on you...

All in the hope that if I made it in the front door at your place there would be a possibility of awesome cake!!!:p

haha ... zomg poor @OldManMuscle what must he be thinkin' :eek:

Hey, serious note on topic ... *vague attempt to restore thread* ...

meeting men/women at the gym be it for friendship, romance, whatever .. is no different to meeting someone elsewhere (work, clubs, language class, whatever).

It's a partly social place for many.

Just don't think of it as smorgasboard for perving and pickups. Any woman craving being perved at by guys at the gym is probably a bit sad and sorry, tbh.

LOL would love to have a cape to wear to gym ... :p