• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Force USA Rack with Hi/Low Pulleys, Crossovers, Peck Deck

uppon2

Has anybody purchased this rack pack with hi/low pulley, peck deck and crossover cables? I have just got it and 200kg of Olympic weight This bench Now this bar these dumbbells and some strength bands.

Was this overkill or would it be beneficial to have it all in a home gym? For an extra $500 than the regular Rack with pulleys. It seems like a very good deal for $1500. What are your thoughts..

Last edited:
If you want it and can afford it, get it.

The whole point of a home gym is so you can train and of having a pulley system makes you happy buy it.

It's funny you say that. There was a deal going online from Gym and Fitness. Buy this rack and get up to 200kg of Olympic weight plates for $1 per kg. I went in there yesterday and made an order. The staff there were unaware that the deal was still up on the site (was a promotion for xmas when a competitor lowered the rack price to draw in customers) Anyways they stood by the deal but as soon as I got home the deal had been changed to $2 per kg and a 100kg limit lol. The particulars aren't final yet so I am still making my mind up

So tomorrow I will most likely be picking up this rack with 200kg of Olympic weight This bench Now this bar these dumbbells Some strength bands and a weight tree.

The salesperson there is also giving me his lifting platform which he no longer uses for no extra cost!

The rack was extremely solid all built up with the attachments. I was not looking to spend so much on a bench but the others just seemed uncomfortable or too high, too narrow etc. This bench feels like a flat bench only because it rests flat nice and flush against the steel when it's flat. The most comfortable bench I have felt yet. I didn't receive a major discount over all as the price of the weight plates lowers the GP quite a bit, however I did manage to save a hundred or two on retail price!

The deal I was looking at prior to this was $500 less in total, but had a lower grade bench, only 145kg of plates and the rack was not as feature rich. Not to mention it didn't have a peck deck, band attachments and cable crossovers. I thought I would be kicking myself to not spend the extra amount for all of this stuff!

I still don't know if I have room for the free lifting platform just now.

One of the newbs has this set up. Check the greeting thread.

I couldn't find the greeting thread. Is it in the general section?

EDIT* Nevermind, I found it "Introduce yourself" I was searching for "Greeting Thread" lol

Last edited:
I've been looking at this also.

Unsure exactly what options you went with though.

Power Rack 1349

Plus options:
Cable Cross Over 350
Pec Deck 195
1500lb Barbell 50
Commercial Bench 150
DB 100
Extra 105kg plates 105

Total $2299

So I'm assuming you didnt get the Cable Cross Over and Pec Deck ?

Which would make it $1754 which is still a great dead at $1500

Also did you pick it up I noticed delivery is over $200, pick up from Melbourne says Laverton, but the Springvale store would be much more convenient for me. So if they're willing to send to their stores it would be much easier for me to do a pick up.

I've been looking at this also.

Unsure exactly what options you went with though.

Power Rack 1349

Plus options:
Cable Cross Over 350
Pec Deck 195
1500lb Barbell 50
Commercial Bench 150
DB 100
Extra 105kg plates 105

Total $2299

So I'm assuming you didnt get the Cable Cross Over and Pec Deck ?

Which would make it $1754 which is still a great dead at $1500

Also did you pick it up I noticed delivery is over $200, pick up from Melbourne says Laverton, but the Springvale store would be much more convenient for me. So if they're willing to send to their stores it would be much easier for me to do a pick up.

I had to do finance, so the prices were not as good as a cash deal however they still honoured the internet pricing and gave me some discount on top.

I ended up getting the full system:

Rack, Pec, Lat, Crossovers
200kg Olympic weight (Still waiting for half of it to come in stock)
Force USA Commercial Flat Incline Bench. BEAST!
Force USA Olympic Bar 1500 Thrust
Force USA Olympic Dumbbells
4 x Strength Bands
Tricep Rope

I have set it all up now besides the Crossovers (For the next 9 weeks there is no room for them)

I will give you my 100% honest advice:

This Brand has really impressed me. The frame of the bench is seriously like a car part, (gearbox or something lol) you can feel the quality right away. The rack is incredibly strong and has the best options in comparison to the the others I have looked at. Everything from the upright bars all the way through to the nuts and bolts are heavy duty and unbreakable, if someone has told you differently then I think you should slap them. The ultra easy packaging and numbering system made for a very helpful setup also, every single item has a number and when you look at the nuts and bolts and misc stuff they are on a flat piece of cardboard with the items on it (next to the appropriate item number in correspondence with the manual) and then a sheet of plastic heat tightened over it. It was very refreshing to see it done this way!

INSTALLATION AND SETUP HINTS

1. If you get the whole system like me, make sure you set the Lat system and the Pec Deck system up at the same time as they are connected together through the pulley system (Learnt this the hard way and built Lat system first)

2. If you have got the full pack, it's hard to get a spotter in, however I put my bench in backwards so the head of is at the front of the cage giving complete freedom.

3. I inverted my pullup bar as the ceiling is slightly too low! It works fine

4. There are a lot of items (buts, bolts, brackets) that have already been "put together" for you; for example the J Hooks, but in the manual under contents included in the box it lists every part separately which confused me as I thought I was missing a bunch of stuff but really the gear was already attatched to things. Make sure you look at each number of the items you're confused about and then match that with the image on the Exploded Contents page

5. They actually list the band pegs as "long weight posts" in the manual which I thought was interesting since everyone uses them for this anyway, shops still call them band pegs. I guess maybe to cover their ass if you over stack them or something

Here is the pic at the limited space I have at the moment. This will be moved in a couple of months when I move

Last edited: