• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat People lazy as dole bludgers (Today Tonight)

Yep I have friends tell me they have started a diet and exercise.

day 1 of diet this is what a person told me.

I ate so well today so I am having pizza for dinner as a reward.

Another bloke I know asked me about lifting weights. All excited told me joined he joined a gym. Didn't even last a full week.

I had some fat friends say to me. You're so lucky you can eat so much and not get fat. Yeah right I am lucky. I work a physical job, I lift weights every day, I play footy and count calories every day. There is no luck involved at all. They don't exercise and eat fast food most meals. The fatties just want to justify their own laziness by saying I'm lucky to not put on weight and they are hard done by.

How much weight has Joe Hockey lost. He's approaching David Hasselhoff's level of handsomeness.

Good on you Joe. Ausbb salutes you brah.

Don't know about fat people but I'm lazy. I spend too much time on here trying to find a substitute for a social life.

Most of the argument on here seems to be on the definition of lazy. There are a few reasons people can become fat, laziness is just one of them. Stupidity and ignorance are other common ones.

And some people such as myself just fucking love food.

I would be in favor of a tax on people over healthy bodyfat levels. Or a better way of doing it, people able to get a tax refund if they are at healthy bodyfat levels.

Smokers and drinkers pay extra tax. Tax the fatties extra to fund the extra strain on the health system they cause.

I would be in favor of a tax on people over healthy bodyfat levels. Or a better way of doing it, people able to get a tax refund if they are at healthy bodyfat levels.

Smokers and drinkers pay extra tax. Tax the fatties extra to fund the extra strain on the health system they cause.

charge fatties extra at cinemas, on planes or in taxis and in ambulances for taking up extra seats or using additional fuel. They'll soon get the message.

Well just because YOU are into fitness/health/training does not mean that anyone else has to be interested in it or care about it in the slightest.

My brother is into restoring cars the same way you are into lifting (and probably spends a lot more time /day working on his cars than you do training), so how is his interest and priority any less or more lazy than yours???

You say he is lazy because he does not care about fitness and eating and training and has a spare tire around his waist, and he will say you are lazy because you are wasting good car restoring time playing with weights and worrying about what you eat when he feels he is doing perfectly fine on his diet.

So who is lazy and who is not??

I don't believe he is lazy or a sloth as he also has a highly payed high pressure job, and spends hours every night working in his shed toiling away. Not a sign of laziness to be seen.:rolleyes:

Happened to stumble upon this thread when I was looking up the original article that this thread is based on and actually registered for the site just to reply to your posts.

You are completely missing the point here Mick. You are comparing two completely different situations with your car restoring analogy. The one difference that makes them absolutely and fundamentally different is that most fat people don't want to be fat. I don't have any hard statistics (though I am sure there are plenty out there) but I do not believe it would be at all an exaggeration to say that 80% + of "overweight" people wish they were in better shape. I also don't think it would be exaggerating to say that 90% + of people who don't restore cars don't want to be restoring cars.

Fat people are ridiculed, they damage their health (often irreversibly), they are less attractive to the opposite sex (to the vast majority of people, of course this differs from person to person) and, as this whole thread suggests, the are often at the very least perceived as lazy, and at worst as pathetic and weak.

I am sure it has happened (somewhere, somehow, for whatever reason) but when was the last time someone was discriminated for not restoring cars?

Simply put, if you want to do something and it is reasonably within you grasp (and I would say this encompasses about 95% of all people, I don't care if you work long hours etc.) and you don't do it, then you are lazy. You also don't have to "be into health and fitness" to NOT be obese or overweight.

You just have to ask yourself, how many fat people do you know that enjoy being fat?

i dunno, being fat aint so bad:
(1) You can dress up as Santa at Christmas and not have to answer tough questions from kids like "How come Santa looks skinnier than he does on TV?"
(2) You always have a convenient place to put your beer/laptop/dinner when chilling on the couch to watch biggest loser;
(3) You save money on heating and linen, due to the extra "insulation;"
(4) People avoid sitting next to you on public transport, allowing you extra room to stretch out and/or put your bag of doritos next to you;
(5) Choosing dinner is easy - no need to worry about silly things like calories, macro-nutrients, etc. You really can eat whatever you want!

And I'm sure there are others! Embrace the lard folks, it is going to be the next "big thing!"

Yeah... we shouldn't be too hard on our larger humans... When you have a temptress as seductive as Doritos ; one can understand, to a point, why someone would cave ;)

2Q==

A lady I know said "Exercise doesn't work"

She tried it for a week or two I think.

Exercise, then stick to her fastfood and soda diet, offcourse it wont work.

Hey tubby put down the KFC and get a ready cooked chicken if your to lazy to cook.
Get off the f**king benefit while your at it!
Make your kids some lunch and breakfast for school so they will be able to learn and won't grow up to be a fat useless prick with a overdeveloped of entitlement like you.
Useless dole bludgers really piss me off.
Shit if I was getting all that free money I would do something meaningful with my time like goto the gym or be a manwhor or do f....king something.

It's not their fault they are fat it's genetics.

Yeah fucking right. That's why there are so many genetically fat pricks over in starving third world countries.