• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat People lazy as dole bludgers (Today Tonight)

You're not the only one who has been on both sides of the fence.

Just because someone is active doesn't mean they are not lazy with what they shove in their face. Been there and done that.

.......You got fat because you worked big hours, and were to lazy to prepare meals........

Same goes for 99% of other people that use the same excuse.

You're not the only one who has been on both sides of the fence.

Just because someone is active doesn't mean they are not lazy with what they shove in their face. Been there and done that.

.......You got fat because you worked big hours, and were to lazy to prepare meals........

Same goes for 99% of other people that use the same excuse.

Again it is not laziness, it's a choice. It would be lazy if I had an interest in doing something different to what I was doing at that particular time.

When I was drinking two to three cartons of beer a week I was not being lazy, I just wanted to drink beer and eat hamburgers and pizza. I enjoyed it, I actually loved it, was looking forward to my Pizza and 6 pack of beer after work like a child to christmas. There was no decision saying oh it's too hard to steam some veggies and grill some chicken breast, seriously if got served that by the missus after work back then I would have thrown it in the bin and driven to Hungry Jacks for a feed:p

I am probably more lazy now than I was back then, but I now have a priority of eating healthy and excising daily, that all of a sudden does not make me lazy, I actually think I am way more lazy now than when I was fat, but I have different priorities in life at this point in time.

Last edited:
I still see it as lazy. You said you were busy and didn't have time to cook. That's lazy just because you enjoyed it doesn't stop it from being lazy.

It's just that I have been on both sides of the fence.

I used to be a fitness freak from 16 years old till about 30, then changed priorities and between 30 and 40 have never worked harder in my life, with priority being paying off my mortgage and working every waking minute, yet I was obese, so it has nothing to do with laziness, now in my mid 40's I am fitter, stronger and healthier than when I was 32, but work a whole lot less, and realistically are probably a whole lot more lazy than I was when I was fat.

So saying fat people are lazy is just an assumption that has no backing of facts what so ever. It might be the case for some people but certainly not the case for everyone.

The person themselves might not be lazy, however, in regards to their own health and wellbeing they are being lazy by neglecting it, you can wrap this in another way by saying their priorities were different but at the end of the day it's a failing on their side to put effort into it.

I have a mate who is also the hardest worker I know, but both him and his missus are both so poorly educated on what healthy food is. When dieting they choose so-called low-fat foods that are still high in calories and are probably loaded with much more sugar than the standard stuff...
Although they are to blame, I also get seriously pissed at the mis-guided information sent out by alot of ads, nutritionists and brand labelling...

I struggle with this everyday!! E.G. Being "Lazy"
in other areas of my life.. Like waking up early
and going to the gym; or not having sugar in my
coffee etc.

The only difference is that I'm not fat... per se.

Just because someone is fat doesn't mean they
are lazy. It may mean that they don't know about
diet; or they don't know how to start of. But yes the
outward indications are towards being 'lazy'.

Devante.

Depression is probably one of the illnesses that goes hand in hand with obesity more than anything. These people often don't care about their health because they don't care about their own lives. It's something that I think should be viewed with some sympathy. It can be corrected (they don't believe it can be). Psychological counselling about other things to end their depression (former family abuse, etc.) can be the first thing that needs fixing before their diets.

This is not for every case, of course. But often I reckon their are deep seated psychological reasons for people not caring about their appearance and health.

Some of course are just very strong willed and want to eat fucking everything in front of them, consequences be damned.

I think people read too much into it. It's just what people want to do. I have a mate who is really lazy, he does go to work and then just sits on the lounge and watches tv after work. That's it. He even pays to get his car washed. He is skinny. But not fit and definitely not healthy as he both drinks and smokes.

It is his choice.

When I was overweight I did not think about it at all, was not a concern, I was not depressed, was having a great time actually. Just because someone is not into diet and exercise does definitely not make them lazy. That's just a silly statement. they are just not interested in it full stop the end. They might spend hours a day dedicated to something else they might work three jobs, they might do charity work or what ever.

Just because someone is no interested in the same thing that you see as a priority does not make them lazy.

I am sure most people would love to own a classic fully restored car to cruise in on a nice sunny day. And how many have done what my brother did, who spend countless hours paint stripping, sanding, welding, painting, rebuilding etc etc two cars in the last 5 years. Yet he has not done a single push up or picked up a weight or been for a run. So how does that make him lazy. He could turn around looking at you and say, wow that guy is lazy. He has not restored a single car in his life.

I am restoring one as well and been going 10 years on the one, so may be I am lazy.

There is more than one way to live your life, my dad never spend a single day exercising in his life. And when I was a fitness fanatic in my 20's he used to say that I was lazy, as I should be putting more effort into working than playing aound with weights because if I did a hard days work I would not need the gym.

Well the difference we are not talking about restoring cars.

If your fat and not doing it intentionally you are lazy with your diet.

No signs of laziness in this thread...Bazza and Mick working hard.

And four fucks ache, how does one 'loose' weight? With a spanner? With a trampoline? Chisel? Sorry to axe so many questions.

I think "lazy" is getting confused with choosing "taste & pleasure" over health.

sloth is more accurate than lazy.

I think "lazy" is getting confused with choosing "taste & pleasure" over health.

sloth is more accurate than lazy.

This is getting closer to the truth, still someone that works three jobs and choses to eat Crispy Creme Doughnuts and Pop Tarts as his staples can not really be described as being a sloth, he just makes bad diet choices.

Every overweight person that's worked for me has been useless as shit. In fact I can't think of a really fat person I know that isn't lazy.

Well the difference we are not talking about restoring cars.

If your fat and not doing it intentionally you are lazy with your diet.

Well just because YOU are into fitness/health/training does not mean that anyone else has to be interested in it or care about it in the slightest.

My brother is into restoring cars the same way you are into lifting (and probably spends a lot more time /day working on his cars than you do training), so how is his interest and priority any less or more lazy than yours???

You say he is lazy because he does not care about fitness and eating and training and has a spare tire around his waist, and he will say you are lazy because you are wasting good car restoring time playing with weights and worrying about what you eat when he feels he is doing perfectly fine on his diet.

So who is lazy and who is not??

I don't believe he is lazy or a sloth as he also has a highly payed high pressure job, and spends hours every night working in his shed toiling away. Not a sign of laziness to be seen.:rolleyes:

Mick, there is fat and then there's fat.

I was 35kg heavier than I was at my leanest at one stage. I was fat but not lazy.

I worked with a guy who weighed double what he should. diabetic, knee problems, gout (didn't drink alcohol) and various other health issues.

This guy joins a gym every 6 months and goes for about a week before he finds an excuse to stop. keeps drinking coke and eating deep fried crap.

there's a difference.

Mick, there is fat and then there's fat.

I was 35kg heavier than I was at my leanest at one stage. I was fat but not lazy.

I worked with a guy who weighed double what he should. diabetic, knee problems, gout (didn't drink alcohol) and various other health issues.

This guy joins a gym every 6 months and goes for about a week before he finds an excuse to stop. keeps drinking coke and eating deep fried crap.

there's a difference.

I agree, everything is relative. Some people would consider me fat now, while others would consider me not fat at all, depending on where they are looking from.

So how badly does your work mate want to change, maybe he is lazy, may be he does not care.:confused:

But I am certain that not every fat person is lazy just like very lazy person is not fat.

So how badly does your work mate want to change, maybe he is lazy, may be he does not care.:confused:

He cares, every time he comes back from the doctor with more bad news.

Just full of excuses.

Takes the easy way out.

He IMO is lazy, like most people who cannot commit.

feel like saying STFU and go to the gym & drink some water.