• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DKD

Private Dancer
I've recently become feverishly giddy over the taste of strawberry thick shakes from Donut King.

Do they have no place in a weight training regime? I feel guilty when I have them. Should I relax or should I ditch them?

I've only had about 3-4 in the last couple of months, but there's been another 3-4 times where I've had a strong urge but resisted.

One every couple of weeks or so, I wouldn't worry about it, or adjust your food intake accordingly.

shit man one a week would be fine...even if dieting down!
and hell, if bulking or maintaining...as often as you pass the store :p

(unless thats multiple times day :eek: - not even i would go that far).

tell you what man, san churos chocolate shakes are the bizness.

Might grab one tommorrow.

They better be good or ill track you via ISP google earth cam maps and throw it in your front door. :)

I've recently become feverishly giddy over the taste of strawberry thick shakes from Donut King.

Do they have no place in a weight training regime? I feel guilty when I have them. Should I relax or should I ditch them?

When in Melbourne I will shout you a milkshake at donut king, I love them, they must have malt.

I used to be into milkshake/thickshakes especially the ones from Dairy Bell, those in Melbourne would understand, but I cant drink much milk without getting bloated so stay away from em, plus i find they neally always way too sweet for my liking...

When in Melbourne I will shout you a milkshake at donut king, I love them, they must have malt.

Yeah they're bloody delish...I've tried a $7 ripoff shake at NZ Ice Cream (or whatever it's called) and the Maccas shakes and they're nowhere near as good as Donut King.

Also, I think you'll make some excuse to only buy one shake between us, rip off the lid and drink it together with 2 straws, like Joanie and Chachi in Happy Days. That could get a bit awkward but I'll try anything once.

This is for 450g of delicious milkshake.

Calories 312g
carbs 51
fats 8g
protein 8g

So I guess if you can fit it, why wouldn't you.

Last edited:

They definitely have a place in all weight training programs. The number one thing you need is calories, nothing is more important than calories especially considering your trying to pack on as much mass as you can. I look at fats and carbs as the primary sources of fuel for the body, whereas protein i wouldn't worry about cause your more than likely getting plenty of it and protein is not a good fuel source to choose as the body is 1000 times more likely to utilise carbs and fats as a fuel source. Having said all that protein does have its uses, just not to the extent that marketing claims make you think it is needed for.

Last edited: