• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Private health care

Good luck mate if you think medicare is great you obviously haven't been in a public hospital in the last ten years. We are becoming more and more like America with our health care getting eroded.

May be re read what you quoted. My daughter spend two weeks in intensive care in a public hospital. And the staff and service could not have been better. And my mother also had a triple bypass operation at 70 and very recently (this year) has had other surgery on her legs and knees, and she was very pleased with service and care, all with not a cent out of pocket.

Personally I have never been in a hospital.

My brother had a Heart Transplant through the public system. Everything from Heart Failure treatment to Intensive Care to finally recieving a new heart was massive costs to the public system, he only paid for pharmaceuticals outside of hospital, everything else was covered. Through private it would have cost a fcuken bomb!

The reason I might need private is if I want to fix my teeth and overbite I need two rounds of surgery. The first one if to expand the top jaw and from my understanding is fairly straight forward and I should be out the same day. The second one is to bring the lower jaw forward and ill probably be in intensive care for afew days. The surgeon recommends I get private health cover but from what you guys say im still going to pay a massive gap. Does anyone know if I would be better just going through medicare and the public health system or go private so its quicker but ill have to pay a gap (im still going to have to wait 1 year with private as its pre existing)? I dont mind paying money as I got abit of money saved up for this, ill be happy if the hopsital is covered.

I had it. Thought I was being responsible. Then one morning I woke up without vision in my right eye. $3000 worth of tests later and all i got was a subscription for anti-inflamitories, not a cent was covered because 'out patient' services are not covered apparently and my eyes still fucked 5 years on. Fuck private health care ill get basic cover when im 30 to avoid tax but thats it!

Yeah we had basic cover for a while when we were both workings avoid the extra Medicare fee. But would never tell the doctor or hospital about it to avoid the hefty bill:rolleyes:

Yeah...

It's worthwhile noting that the gov has set it up so that every year past 32 that you don't have private cover the cost to get back into it increases year on year...

So when you get to your later years where you might have a greater need for insurance... Your going to get punished trying to get back in...

After reading this, by chance heard a few ordinary stories from people without private health.

Woman needed to go in for cancer testing but on the public system took months to get in and kept getting pushed back. Ended up with aggressive cancer and discovered too late to do anything.

Another woman had complications giving birth but was kicked out the next day on the public system.

Ahh, there's a few more in vic ;)

Was with bupa and they were ****s. Now with medibank, still ****s but much bettere then bupa who dropped disc replacements and shoulder recos off my cover and tried to sneak it through as streamlining the policy for my benefit. ****s I tell ya, ****s

I favour the humble pullup for development of the rhomboidal region and for general upper back strength, however for specifically targeting the latissimus dorsi I prefer the lat pulldown.

I like to focus on imagining I'm pulling the handle apart as I pull down with each rep.

I favour the humble pullup for development of the rhomboidal region and for general upper back strength, however for specifically targeting the latissimus dorsi I prefer the lat pulldown.

I like to focus on imagining I'm pulling the handle apart as I pull down with each rep.

wrong thread?

After reading this, by chance heard a few ordinary stories from people without private health.

Woman needed to go in for cancer testing but on the public system took months to get in and kept getting pushed back. Ended up with aggressive cancer and discovered too late to do anything.

Another woman had complications giving birth but was kicked out the next day on the public system.

Unless you personally know these people I call urban myth or simply BS created by health cover providers.

There is no way that cancer treatment/testing would be put off. Or any other serious condition. When my missus had our first kid and she started having complications, she was in hospital that instant. Same when they discovered my mother had a blockage, they would not even let her leave to go home and get changed, straight to hospital and bypass operation within a few days.

More recently my dad had cancer and was straight in that day.

I doubt very much that a mother who had complications giving birth would be kicked out that day.

Unless you personally know these people I call urban myth or simply BS created by health cover providers.

There is no way that cancer treatment/testing would be put off. Or any other serious condition. When my missus had our first kid and she started having complications, she was in hospital that instant. Same when they discovered my mother had a blockage, they would not even let her leave to go home and get changed, straight to hospital and bypass operation within a few days.

More recently my dad had cancer and was straight in that day.

I doubt very much that a mother who had complications giving birth would be kicked out that day.

I know 1 of them personally. The one that had the kid, happened in the last couple weeks. So no BS there, its what happened.

The other was second hand but close friend of a friend. So don't know 100% on that story.

May be we have just been lucky. But never had any issues with the public system. And will be sticking with it.

Have private cover and have needed it with a few ongoing hassles after a big bike accidet back in 98. Also good for physio and dental costs.

But for some big ticket stuff for dental and eyes , I'll be getting it done overseas as even the top rated places are 1/3 to 1/10 the cost of getting it done here and the technology is 5 to 15 years ahead.