• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ITT we post our dream fed

That would be awesome, but if you id that now, your nats now has 20 lifters, and is held in a gym.

Last edited:
IPF rules

IPF weight classes, but get rid of the 59kg division - if you look at the numbers, the under 59 guys are lifting just as much as the 66kg guys. This makes it 7 weight classes, one less than IWF. 8 is too many. 4 too few. 5-7 is about right. I don't mind ProRaw weight classes, but I think a minimum 80 is too high. One of the best things about powerlifting is its inclusiveness. Guys like Fedosienko and Michael Kuhns wouldn't get a run in any other sport. 65 / 80/ 95/ 110 / 110+ might be a good compromise. You can take a purely numerical approach to determining weight classes by examining results from world and regional championships. This is pretty much what the IPF technical committee did when they changed the weight classes a few years ago. Side note: I found it ironic that it was so such a controversy at the time and yet pretty much everyone here agrees there are too many weight classes.

Age classes - Youth (under 21), Open, Masters (over 45)

Age classes should exist for records, separate age comps and qualification purposes only. There should be no age coefficient to determine an overall winner by formula across age divisions, that is ridiculous. Wilks is not an age coefficient. Best lifter is best lifter. You can have a separate junior/masters best lifter trophy if the level of competition justifies it, just like we sometimes award most improved etc. IPF has the numbers to run a separate junior worlds and masters world. We don't currently have the numbers in Australia to justify separate nationals, but if we eventually do, separate age based events have merit, which is why they have them in just about every serious sport.

I'd be happy with this. With regards to removing the 59kg weight class, there's so few lifters in that division that you could just about win by default, which would make me happy to see it go. No need for it.

I want to see people winning because they lifted the most weight, not because they scored a good coefficient. The only exclusion to this rule would be if two people got the same top weight, in which case I'd be happy for the award to go to the lifter with the better coefficient. But coefficients should, IMO, only be used to deal with two lifters getting the same weight up, not for allowing a lifter who moved less weight to win against someone who lifted more weight.

Do you think powerlifting will ever have a broad appeal?

I think contestants need to be better groomed,hold less adipose tissue, wear tight shorts and wear club guernseys.

Not until there are more jacked raw guys
Too many powerlifters that look like shit, people are starting to figure out that they should look awesome now though with plenty of jacked guys breaking WRs