• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ITT we post our dream fed

0ni

Registered Rustler
If you made a thread what rules would you enforce? For me:

Only 2 weight classes, 105 and 105+
Placings done by glossbrenner
U19 and OPEN ONLY, no stupid sub shit... 22 years old? You're not junior you're a man so you compete with the 40 year old elites fucking deal with it. Sub masters? What the fuck is sub masters? I call that the prime of your life fucking compete in open god damn
Real meets only, no bench only this is not the paralympics... what the fuck is push/pull who knows...
Equipped and raw only, none of this "raw with wraps" nonsense... yes I know I compete with wraps in raw but that is because I am a hypocrite and a gear whore
No dumbass world records... if you want the 105+ deadlift world record you need to pull 1016lb. Federation records will be listed by glossbrenner and each event will have a "top 10" for both weight classes and it will be described as a "best in comp" NOT a world record. No-one gives a shit about your sub-masters, 56kg, dead parents and PTSD class world record let the score do the talking
No handoffs on bench, squats walked out of the mono and no sumo deadlifts
Only 1st place in each weight class and best lifter gets a trophy.
No silly substance rules... as long as you're not obviously intoxicated

no age or weight classes and no formulas.
video refereeing to judge squat depth.
no belts nor knee wraps.
wrist wraps and knee sleeves allowed.
walkout squat from a rack
no bench lift off.
celebrating peoples PRs.
blood & urine drug testing offseason and in comp.
prizes.

Last edited:
Drug tested
No knee wraps for raw
No monos
Single ply only for equipped

...Actually fuck it, I lift IPF and its perfect for me.

I like it. Personally I would love the emphasis to just be one moving the damn. Weight. Load it up and lift it. Age, weight etc have nothing to do with what is on the bar. Bt I guess I could live with 105 and 105+. Equipment complicates things however. Maybe just totally raw and equipped (being whatever).

Only problem is powerlifting is a minor sport (perhaps fringe). It may change if ever was to get in OG.

So, i expect little will change for a while yet, incuding the reality that masters lifters make up a significant proportion of lifters.

But gee, 2 divsions to allow for all sorts of physical stuctures, dwarfs and giraffes. Dont think so.

Last edited:
On a more serious note in line with thread, would scrap all three lifts and replace it with clean and overhead, with no rules for press outs, just get the weight up and hold it. That would be a true powerlift, not a grinding exhibition of pure strength. Lifters could also press weight if they choose, just get weight up there.

If staying with three lifts, i would prefer no monolift, no wraps, no suits whatsover, about the same weight classes as IPF.

Last edited:
No testing
No equipped division
Raw only (proper raw - no knee wraps)
Proper judging
No age classes
Only 4 or 5 weight classes
Qualifying standard for Nats - minimum 400 gloss
Qualifying standard for Worlds - minimum 450 gloss
No sumo deadlifts

I dont really care, but just curious why you guys would have no age classes.

Would you even consider world and national records for oldies.

forgot to add, i would definitely have no sumo lifts.

I dont really care, but just curious why you guys would have no age classes.

Would you even consider world and national records for oldies.

forgot to add, i would definitely have no sumo lifts.

Powerlifting records are ridiculously diluted as it is. I'd only have Open records in each weight class. A National record should be something you have to earn, not be handed by simply turning up to lift.

Yes, fair enough. But surely sport not about just elite performance. it is about getting people involved. Look at aths, numbers would be ridiculously low if it was not for little aths and masters. Few do the sport now.

I do have a bias, not because i am over 50, but because i am very much interested in the delcine of people as the get older. I love observing the rising standard of the oldies.

Dont hink much of sub-masters records though. To me, that is peak age for an athlete. I was at my strongest then (37 years of age).

Last edited:
One of the reasons i was going to go to PA was beause they have a much higher standard of aged records, besides some of the legends like laurie Butler.

But now, as the records are beyond me, i am quite happy to stay with CAPO.

I also agree that one should not merely turn up and get a record. I am a bit embarassed about having CAPO records because i really am no powerlifter, yet this is more about the fact that few good oldies are yet to lift in each age group there.

Good thing about CAPO masters, is that only top three lifters for all ages are given trophies (based on score). Take away incentives for oldies, and you may have a lot less people interested in sport (and thus helping out).

Glossbrenner takes age into consideration. Let that do the talking. I just hate it when people will get their trophy for 4th in the sub-masters where only 2 people competed

Absolutely agree with that, although there shoudl always be an open and over 40 comp if we are to use scores.

To digress, recently in Vic Masters aths champs (50-54 year group), i got a gold in discus and silver in shot, but only 4 throwers in each. But a few of the 55-59 year olds did actually beat me (same weight implements).

but too me it is fun, and a god opportunity to test my current prowess (or lack of it).

Last edited:
Everyone thinks gloss is some magical coefficient. We only use it because we have to.

This year at GPC, there are no age divisions. Only weight classes.
To win, you need the highest total, not the highest gloss.

How powerlifting should be.

Everyone thinks gloss is some magical coefficient. We only use it because we have to.

Thus year, GPC nats is won by weight classes, no age divisions, and to win, you need to lift the most weight in the class.

How powerlifting should be.

I like that, he who lifts most on the day wins.

Scores maybe bullshit; they are are subjective after all, but age records are definitely not.

And not to reward older lifters? Don't get it.

Dont think CAPO or PA will go down that path, at least hope not.

In any case, all open classes have been won by most weight lifted throughout weight lfting history.

Last edited:
At states Ron birch (67) totaled 520kg. Tim totaled. 715, zach (19) around 830.

Zach came 2nd to Ron, totaling 300kg more.

Nobody in the crowed could fathom how that happened. How can you get people into the sport if you can't even get them to understand how to win.

That said, there will be one best lifter trophy for masters, open, junior and teens at nationals.

Sticky, support your last post 100%; that is what i prefer, although 3 trophies for masters lifters assuming 6+ competitors.

I had a mate who won gold medals every year in olympic lifting, competing against himself. I used to give him heaps, noting he came 5th or worse every year when all masters were included.