• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Forum list: best military press and push press

spartacus

Best military press and push press: AusBB members

List for PB military press and push press given quite few like the lifts, and we have plenty of comps for official powerlifts.

Anyone wanting to be listed will have to provide film of their lift. I also propose that the weight is also cleaned, although will simply place equal weight that is cleaned above those lifts from rack.

Military Press

Marc Wells (stonelifter), 125kg, 150kg body weight?, year ?

Bazza 100kg, 101kg bodweight?, 7 April 2013

Chris Lewis (spartacus), 87.5kg, 96kg bw, 1 Dec. 2011. (Rack, video)

jj80, 85kg, 105kg BW, 2013?.

Brick 82.5kg, 83kg, 2013?

Push Press

Marc Wells 150kg, 150kg bodyweight?, year?

Chris lewis 100kg, 96kg, 14 Oct. 2011 (Rack, video).

jj80: 90kg, 105kg BW, 2013?.

Oni, 75kg, 70kg, 22 March 2013

Axle press

Last edited:
If it is okay with forum moderators, i would like to put up list for PB military press and push press given quite few like the lifts, and we have plenty of comps for official powerlifts.

I propose that anyone wanting to be listed will have to provide film of their lift. I also propose that the weight is also cleaned, although we could also have a separate list for press or push press from rack. Any interest?
I would organise lists with best pbs posted in first post.

Fuck I'm out with injury but plenty have been following my progress but I have no video. Have done 82.5kg @ 83 bw.

I can put up a few lifts to get ball rolling (you, me and Bazza), but any new lifts should have a video from now on. No lifts before 2013, however, with proof to be provided by previous comment on forum unless someone has a video. Sound reasonable?

Last edited:
I can put up a few lifts to get ball rolling (you, me and Bazza), but any new lifts should have a video from now on. No lifts before 2013, however, with proof to be provided by previous comment on forum unless someone has a video. Sound reasonable?

Sounds fair thanks. How about bw next to the lift. Just to satisfy my curiosityas to what the upper limits of mil press is to bw ratio is.

It has to be 2013 and stated in forum, with earlier lifts only put in with video proof.

Basically we are starting from now.

Maybe Ben could pop out an easy 120kg military press, just to set a nice standard, but video proof from now. Is everyone ok with that?

Last edited:
I'll probably be near the bottom bodyweight wise, but I'll catch you bastards..

jj80: 90kg PP, 85kg MP, 105kg BW.

yes, there is enough on this link to put up your 150 and 170, ut hope you can post a barbell military press and push press just to inspire the masses.

Last edited:
excellent stuff Marc. Do you ever do normal bar work for overhead lifts, or always use axle?

here is Derek poundstone, 2 reps on 180kg overhead on axle lift.

Last edited:
I can put up a few increases to get procedure began (you, me and Bazza), but any new increases should have video clips video from now on. No increases before 2013, however, with proof to be provided by previous viewpoint on group unless someone has video clips video.

I don't understand anything you say

Kunce