• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

overtraining?

DoYouEven?

hey guys, if i were to train twice a day like morning and late afternoon/night would that be over training?

cheers

Do you Even,

The body is an amazing thing if treated right. Even then it can be abused for a long time.
They say young lion old dragon.
Your body will tell you and what sort of training are you talking about cross training with weights?
As this forum is Body building yes?
Regards,

G.

even if it wasn't everyday, but like maybe twice a week? cause i doubt id have the time to do it 5 days or so a week, but now and then shouldn't hurt?

I meant most people wouldn't be able to overtrain even on 2 sessions a day.

Do it, you will be fine.

People always confuse being a little tired or one bad session as overtraining.

Do you Even,

The body is an amazing thing if treated right. Even then it can be abused for a long time.
They say young lion old dragon.
Your body will tell you and what sort of training are you talking about cross training with weights?
As this forum is Body building yes?
Regards,

G.

Yeah just weight training man

I also came across a thing called ellagen sport for triathletes when you break down the main compound you are left with a thing called russian ginseng(cure all)
I used this when I was joggin swimming weight training getting ready for state in karate those were the days.
anyway is supports your immune system that will be growing free radicals too slow you down if you are overdoing it although your age and if you are fit and plan too make haste slowly then it shouldn't be a problem.
Btw I would recommend buying powdered form of russian ginseng from ebay. cheap and same quality most triathlets use it
Regards,
G.

Well with weights if you are going to train weights twice a day firstly I would say go for it as you will most likely just give up.
Although if you want to see real gains its not advisable to train twice a day unless you had a nanny nap and stuck a needle and absobed copius protein.
Muscles need recovery and tendons I found when training althlets it was their mind that wore out before their bodies.
So I would not reccomend it as you would be better off buying a book called dinosaur training and seeing if you can bunny train I doubt you would.
Depends on your goals if its light weight shouldn't be a problem.
If its medium heavy better off recovering and then hitting when sitting on the energy.

Regards,

G.

Well with weights if you are going to train weights twice a day firstly I would say go for it as you will most likely just give up.
Although if you want to see real gains its not advisable to train twice a day unless you had a nanny nap and stuck a needle and absobed copius protein.
Muscles need recovery and tendons I found when training althlets it was their mind that wore out before their bodies.
So I would not reccomend it as you would be better off buying a book called dinosaur training and seeing if you can bunny train I doubt you would.
Depends on your goals if its light weight shouldn't be a problem.
If its medium heavy better off recovering and then hitting when sitting on the energy.

Regards,

G.

cheers for the info G, appreciate it

Depends what you are doing for the rest of the day. I mean, if you can workout twice a day but then do nothing else except light work, eat loads and sleep 8 hrs+ a day, I can't see why this is not possible. But add overtime work, kids maybe, nights out on the piss, then you can throw that idea out of the window! lol

hey guys, if i were to train twice a day like morning and late afternoon/night would that be over training?

cheers

I recall Fadi mentioning he lifted at least a couple of times each day and had a massive calorie intake to provide the necessary energy to sustain that workload.

He was a high level athlete though. Whether his approach can be successfully adopted by recreational lifters....I have no idea. My hunch is that u could probably do it to good effect, provided u allowed time for your body to progressively work towards that frequency. And while u may be able to do it to good effect, not sure it would be to the optimal effect. Depends on your goals. Those Olympic lifters worked that type of frequency to perfect technique I guess.

I don't really believe in over training, it all comes down to appropriate diet and rest in between training, maybe if you're doing rediculous amounts of cardio then maybe but just weight training I doubt many amateur lifters would over train.

I actually do think it possible to overtrain training two session per day. It can be quite a large workload especially if you are putting in a big effort. And even more so if it's a sudden start to training rather than a gradual increase.

Depends what you are doing for the rest of the day. I mean, if you can workout twice a day but then do nothing else except light work, eat loads and sleep 8 hrs+ a day, I can't see why this is not possible. But add overtime work, kids maybe, nights out on the piss, then you can throw that idea out of the window! lol

+1

Most of the guys at Westside (as opposed to just guys who follow the program) do 8-10 sessions a week

Personally, if I had a 9-5 around the corner I'd split up my training into am and pm. Sleep seems to be my limiting factor