• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BN General Sports Performance Stack & Diet Program

jazzyolaa

Hi, I just purchased the BN General Sports Performance Stack which contains the following supplements :

- 5KG WPI - View Details
- 1KG Creatine Monohydrate - View Details
- 1KG Pre Workout 101 - View Details
- 1KG L Glutamine - View Details
- 1KG BCAA Recovery - View Details

I also am to receive the free bottle of ZMA :cool:

I was just wondering if someone could have a look at my proposed diet & supplement program and suggest if anything needs tweaking ?

8 AM
Oats + Almonds + Walnuts
1 Scoop Whey WPI
5gm Creatine + 5gm L-Glutamine with Orange Juice ??
Multivitamin + 3x Fish Oil + 1000iu Vitamin D3

11AM
Serve of fruits

1PM
Lunch
5gm Creatine

4.30 PM
2x Johnwest 85gm Tuna

6.30pm
1 Serve - Pre-workout 101

7.00pm
WORKOUT (10g BCAA Recovery)

8.00pm
POST-WORKOUT
1 Scoop Whey WPI + 5gm Creatine + 5gm L-Glutamine

8.30pm
Dinner

10.00pm
2x Fish Oil + 1x Calcium
1x ZMA Capsule

Last edited:
Lol, there will be appropriate amounts of carbs, protein and fats for lunch and dinner.. I just didn't go into specifics as unlike my breakfast they keep changing :)

You only need creatine once per day.
Dont worry about Glutamine.
BCAA's during and post workout 5-10gms
ZMA before bed
Use WPI to reach your protein requirements. Doesn't need to be post workout

A few things.

Firstly have BCAA's during workout. No need for it any other time.

Do not have creatine with orange juice or any citrus juce as it destroys the creatine rendering it useless.

You only need creatine once per day.
Dont worry about Glutamine.
BCAA's during and post workout 5-10gms
ZMA before bed
Use WPI to reach your protein requirements. Doesn't need to be post workout

I was planning to take creatine multiple times only during the loading phase.. After that I may take it only once in the afternoon..

As per BN's site, I think I'll take BCAA only during workout. But should I take during my non-workout days, and when?

Also, I will be getting L-Glutamine with the stack unfortunately so I might as well use it ?? According to the BN Site, "Glutamine is best used several times per day, before or directly after training where it can assist with anabolism and before bed so it can assist the bodies’ production of growth hormone."

So are the servings in my original plan for Glutamine good enuff?

A few things.

Firstly have BCAA's during workout. No need for it any other time.

Do not have creatine with orange juice or any citrus juce as it destroys the creatine rendering it useless.

Thanks for your input Big Mick, I had suspected it might not be a good idea to take it with OJ as in the past it has given me lots of bloating!!

I'll take around 20gm throughout the day for my loading and then have it once with lunch in water perhaps.. ?

Also, when can I have BCAA on non-workout days ?

Water or non acidic juice like grape juice for creatine.

BCAA's can be anytime on non-workout days but I would save them for workout days only., but if you must anytime between meals.

Having creatine with acidic juice can't be that bad. It manages to survive your stomach acid after you swallow it normally.

The stomach has gastric acid and orange juice has citric acid, so probably different things. I think this was discussed on this forum before, may be in the creatine thread:confused: I think citric acid changes the creatine into creatinine. No expert but I think it's no biggie to just not have it with citric acid just in case.

I remember reading that grape juice is best to have creatine with, as it spikes insulin and helps transport the creatine into the muscles

I would not be using BCAA's on non workout days, just make sure you have enough protein from either powder of real food (meat, eggs, fish).

I have BN BCAA's 10gram with 5-7 gram of creatine in my water bottle during training.

Stomach acid is from hydrochloric acid and I would guess stronger than any juice you are going to drink.

Probably stronger but may be different, may be one affects it and one does not, like I said, I did not do the research, just read it.

But how difficult is it not to have it with any citric acid??

Or have you got any evidence or conducted any studies yourself that contradict the findings of the studies that suggest that citric acid reduces the effectiveness of creatine??

Found this on my first google search but it had no references. Ill see if I can find better sources a bit later.

Creatine is not destroyed in warm water. It should be solved in warm water! Creatine degrades at 303 degrees Celsius. Orange juice or other sources of citric acids will not degrade creatine into creatinine. If this were the case, creatine would never survive in our stomach which is much more acidic than citric acid. However, these juices will only deliver a medium insulin spike, for the best effect go for dextrose.

Still not quite what I am after but from an article called conquering creatine myths with science by Anthony L. Almada, BSc, MSc

Myth 2: Creatine is instantly destroyed by acid, either in the stomach or in juice.

Let's take a common sense pill. If this myth was true, then anytime someone took creatine powder (on an empty stomach, with food, whenever) the stomach acid would destroy it, converting it to creatinine. Then how do we get 95% absorption into the blood and all of the muscle-specific effects (mass, strength, speed)?

What about the early studies that showed creatine retention and increased performance when they took creatine powder mixed into coffee or tea, two quite acidic beverages? It's been known for almost 80 years that creatine degrades more quickly over time as the acidity of a solution it is mixed in increases. But in fruit juices, coffee, tea, or any other typically consumed beverage (where the acidity is not extreme) creatine can easily survive for as long as it takes to mix in and drink. However, ready-to-drink liquid creatine beverages on the market (which add acids like citric acid) are unstable due to the many months it sits on the shelf before consumption.

Fact: Creatine easily survives stomach acid and can be mixed with acidic beverages if you consume them shortly after mixing.

Thanks for the references Bazzaa :)

It does sound like taking creatine with orange juice may not be as bad, however I believe grape juice might still be better due to the increased insulin spike and less citric acid?

So my next question would be, does grape juice contain nearly as much Vitamin C as the orange juice? Or is it all sugar n stuff ?

Also, popular opinion seems to be to only take BCAA during workouts so that's what I'll be doing !

Still confused by the advantages and timings for L-Glutamine though..?

Last edited: