• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should I still work out when I'm tired

Gloves78

Just wondering after I have a real hard day at work(I'm a Concreter ) I come home some days an are cactus from being in the sun all day an working hard.

My question is do I push myself an work out these days or not. Like when I'm that knackerd will I do more harm than good working out.

Cheers guys

Maybe take up Crossfit. You can complete a WOD in 10 mins. On the lounge within 12....

All concreatures have jacked forearms from screeding.

And yes work out. Don't hit the couch at all or you won't be getting off that ****

Depends greatly on what you want out of your workouts.. If your more hypertrophy inclined over pure strength training than yes train for sure, no need to go kill yourself but still go and stimulate some growth by doing some volume on the bigger exercises at a comfortable weight.

Remember the body doesnt know whats on the bar, only your mind does, if your a bit wrecked from work and your energy levels are down a bit thats ok, as long as you still put in as much effort as you can and go smash a big post workout meal you will net growth from it.

I have overcome this issue personally by training early in the morning, im in the same boat as you mate, come home after doing a physical job and just feel buggered. Going in the mornings before work took a bit of getting used to but now I find it much better and provided ive had a solid sleep beforehand gives me no excuses to feel tired or buggered when im lifting.

Just wondering after I have a real hard day at work(I'm a Concreter ) I come home some days an are cactus from being in the sun all day an working hard.

My question is do I push myself an work out these days or not. Like when I'm that knackerd will I do more harm than good working out.

Cheers guys

My answer to you based on what you've written is as follows:

1. Yes, do workout
2. No, don't workout

Yes, but only if you do something about what I would call your under recovering. And no to working out, until you get point #1 sorted out, or you would eventually break down,...I say eventually as this breaking down would happen gradually and over time in most cases, in the form of nagging joint pain to a worst case scenario where you would simply begin to lose interest altogether in working out!
Steps you can take to remedy your case of under recovering.

1. Shelter properly from the sun

2. Don't just drink plain water if you are perspiring profusely, but do add some fruit juice (in the form of a lemon) and a pinch of salt.

3. Eat small meals that are quick (as in sandwiches) and insure you're getting enough nourishing calories from them.

4. Limit your caffeine consumption in order to give your adrenal glands a chance to recuperate and recharge.

5. Sleep when you get a chance (at home) and nap or relax in the day time again, whenever it's possible, even if it's only for 15 minutes.

I'll leave it here for now.

All the best.

Fadi.

What time are u guys training? I'm out of the house at 6am so to train and have half an hour to get ready for work I'd be up at 4:30.

What time are u guys training? I'm out of the house at 6am so to train and have half an hour to get ready for work I'd be up at 4:30.

If I was in your situation that's exactly what I would do.

I am up at 4:30 for work anyway but usually get a break at around 8am for breakfast so I lift then.

Cheers guys

How many days a week do you workout?
And For how long?
What is your template?
The days you push yourself, The following day or two do you feel good or bad?
What are you trying to achieve with your workouts?

Actions verify priorities here.

All concreatures have jacked forearms from screeding.

And yes work out. Don't hit the couch at all or you won't be getting off that ****

Yeah I've got no need to do forearms put it that way lol.

An for some reason I've got good calves to I think from pushing lots of wheel barrows

My answer to you based on what you've written is as follows:

1. Yes, do workout
2. No, don't workout

Yes, but only if you do something about what I would call your under recovering. And no to working out, until you get point #1 sorted out, or you would eventually break down,...I say eventually as this breaking down would happen gradually and over time in most cases, in the form of nagging joint pain to a worst case scenario where you would simply begin to lose interest altogether in working out!
Steps you can take to remedy your case of under recovering.

1. Shelter properly from the sun

2. Don't just drink plain water if you are perspiring profusely, but do add some fruit juice (in the form of a lemon) and a pinch of salt.

3. Eat small meals that are quick (as in sandwiches) and insure you're getting enough nourishing calories from them.

4. Limit your caffeine consumption in order to give your adrenal glands a chance to recuperate and recharge.

5. Sleep when you get a chance (at home) and nap or relax in the day time again, whenever it's possible, even if it's only for 15 minutes.

I'll leave it here for now.

All the best.

Fadi.

Thanks man exactly what I was after.

Thanks to every one some really good advice there and I feel I have a better grip on if to train and if not to train cheers guys.

As a tradie starting at 7, 5am workouts are the way to go. Then you can come home exhausted, knowing you've had your workout and put in your 8hours for the man. If you still feel energetic, go for a jog or drag your mrs into the bedroom early

Mate its a challenge haha, if im on day shifts i start at 0730 so im up at 0430, in the gym by 0445 and back home by 0600. Have a shower, breakfast get ready for work and at work by 0715 or so.

Im in the RAAF and where im posted i live on base so im fortunate in the fact the gym is 24 hour access and is literally 100m from my unit, makes it very easy to train early and not have to travel and waste time on the road.

Mate its a challenge haha, if im on day shifts i start at 0730 so im up at 0430, in the gym by 0445 and back home by 0600. Have a shower, breakfast get ready for work and at work by 0715 or so.

Im in the RAAF and where im posted i live on base so im fortunate in the fact the gym is 24 hour access and is literally 100m from my unit, makes it very easy to train early and not have to travel and waste time on the road.

I've actually found working out late at night has been working better for me lately. I get home about 4:00 each day so if I'm buggered ill have a nap till the missus gets home and then cook dinner and watch some tv. I'll train from 8-9 then be in bed asleep by 10.

^^^ Not if your cutting and dont want to burn yourself out, can do cardio AM and weights PM ( or vice versa ), would only do on non consecutive days though but it would be a good way IMO to get plenty of rest with a full day off between each training day yet still burn lots of calories.