• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Easter Blowout and lost weight???

Snoochies

Since the start of this year have been trying to cut. I'm 98kg, bout 22% BF and have been keeping up the weight training to maintain muscle mass.

I've been hitting my macros, taking in the right proportion of protein/fats etc and eat about 2000 cals but have barely moved the scales. My weight fluctuates 1 to 2 kg's. I have maintained my strength but is getting hard to keep it where it is taking in 2000 cals.

So anyway, over easter thought I'd just have a blowout, lots of chocolate, ate take away most nights, carton of beer, bundy and what not and really ate until I was satisfied. By the end of the weekend I hit 96kg??? WTF??

I have heard and not sure if it's true but taking in too few calories can hinder fat loss, is this true? Why would I lose weight when I am more than likely doubling my calories for each day?

My metabolism is fine according to a blood test I had done a little while ago and everything is working like clockwork on the inside.

Thoughts?

You kick started your metabolism and/or dehydrated yourself perhaps.

I don't think these results would continue for long past the long weekend.

serveral factor play into weight lose is good to let lose every now and then to kick start your metabolism, just mix things up to bust your plateus. i do low carbs days with high fats and vice versa and also change protein intake etc.

You're starving yourself essentially.

Bump up the calories to around 2500 and see how you go.

Have a carb up / mild cheat meal once per week or so and see how you get on.

2000 at 98kg is a tad low I'd say depending on height but seeing as though most people under report anyway that's probably ok :)

I would say the most likely cause is dehydration from alcohol. Additional carbs will make you hold more water but alcohol will suck it right out of you. I typically drop 2kg or so after a big night. It's right back to normal the next day.

Would be interested to see an update now on your weigh to see if a week later you have put it back on or the weight has stayed off, I am thinking dehydration as when drinking beer and eating you generally would not not be drinking my water along the way.

Yeah well the update...................fatty food makes you fat lol. Shock horror. Seems it would be the dehydration.

So Monday is here again, time to get started and will boost up my cals to 2500 and see how that goes.

Cheers for the info.

Just an update and need a little help.

After my easter blowout where I lost weight, I went up to 99kg then back to normal of 98kg. Not huge fluctuations but I took the advice from here and started taking in 2500 cals instead of my 2000 cals that I had been doing.

Am now 102kg. :mad: I have been hitting my macros every day, strength is increasing and am happier in the gym but I'm putting weight on too easy.

Breakdown of my diet (note, I sit on my bum all day for work and workout at night time as it's the most suitable time)

Mid Morning - Banana + 40g Whey Protein
Lunch - Can of Tuna, 2 sliced Multi Grain + slice of cheese
Afternoon Snack - Apple + 40g whey Protein + 1/3rd cup almonds
Late Snack - Salad, half avocado, 25g cheese, tuna
Dinner (pre workout) - 200g steak, 1 cup pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, corn
Postworkout - 40g whey + 300ml low fat milk, 300g No fat Yoghurt, 1 slice Multi Grain, 1 teaspoon peanut butter.

Will have 2-3 instant coffees during the day plus loads of water and multi vitamins.

All up 2500 cals approx

Fat = 62g
Protein = 240g
Carbs = 180g

I'm very close to this everyday, some meals are changed (dinner) but either way, I am always hitting the calories.

For my height 6ft and weight, I have the correct amount of calories needed to lose fat but am wondering how much a sedentary job will play into this. Go back to 2000 cals again?

Cheers

maybe you could swap in some more veggies if that is a typical day.

and maybe in doing that decrease your kcals slightly to see what happens. Not down to 2000 again but maybe 2350 or thereabouts and see.

Yeah was thinking maybe just drop the tuna sandwich at lunch and have salad with it, makes 2 tuna salads for the day,

I'll be doing toughmudder in a few months and will have to start running soon so I guess I'll be in a defecit when that happens so see how it works out.