• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Food pyramid

Is corn a grain or a vegetable?

Also big mick do you eat rice?

I would say corn is grain, and it is used to fatten farm animals prior to slaughter and the yanks use it to make high fructose corn syrup, which is cheap, and probably one of the biggest dietary problems the yanks have.

And no I generally don't eat rice. May be once a month or even less, only on the occasion I might go out for Chinese or something. Probably only had rice once this year that I can think of.

Treat it like alcohol small amouts on the odd social occasion.

I would say corn is grain, and it is used to fatten farm animals prior to slaughter and the yanks use it to make high fructose corn syrup, which is cheap, and probably one of the biggest dietary problems the yanks have.

And no I generally don't eat rice. May be once a month or even less, only on the occasion I might go out for Chinese or something. Probably only had rice once this year that I can think of.

Treat it like alcohol small amouts on the odd social occasion.

Rice and corn are both grains.

Yes corn is used to fatten animals. Also used for milk production because it is higher energy than other grains. Anything wrong with that??

HFCS, going to start another argument but what is wrong with it. It contains similar amount of fructose as other sweetener per gram and is sweeter so you need less to get the same effect. So what's so bad about it apart from the calories which all non artificial sweeteners have.

Yeah fair enough. Just hadn't occured to me before that rice is actually a grain. Now corn too, here I was tginking it was a vegetable. Not that I deliberately avoid grains or anything.