• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Thought I start a thread about all stuff related to BB.
Any news, seminars, pro's visiting Australia etc.,
Post in here.

IFBB Pro Matt Duval. Passes away age 40

We are sadden to hear that former IFBB Pro Matt Duval has passed a way at 40 years of age. MD's ace photographer Per Bernal had the honor to work with Matt at a couple of shoots in 2003 & 2004. Our thoughts goes out to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Matt!

Matt%20Duval.jpg

images

IFBB Pro Matt Duval passes away at 40

From RX Muscle.

Written by Aaron Singerman
Friday, 22 February 2013

Today I received some very sad news from multiple sources regarding former IFBB professional bodybuilder Mat Duvall, who apparently was found dead in his bathroom. Matt was only 40 years old. At this point, the cause of his death is a mystery but, as the details come in, we’ll keep the site updated.

Mat was one of the last true stars of the NPC. He had fans all over the world who would attend show, follow him on the internet and anxiously check out the results of the NPC national level shows each year just to see how Mat placed. He ended up getting his pro card in 2003 by winning the Overall at NPC Nationals. His IFBB Pro career was disappointing for Mat, as he never placed well. He later retired from bodybuilding to pursue a career in professional wrestling.
If you grew up reading the muscle magazines in the 1990's and early 2000's like me, then there is absolutely no way you could forget Mat’s ads for Muscletech. This behemouth of a man, with arms the size of my waist, doing seated overhead dumbbell extentions with 100 pound dumbbells was truly a sight to see!

I recently met Mat for the first time at a show in Florida with Dave Palumbo. Dave and Mat were long time friends and, even though they hadn’t seen each other in a while, they would quickly pick right back up where they left off. Mat seemed to be in good spirits at the time and he told us about some new exciting business ventures he was involved in. He still seemed to love bodybuilding.

why is bb topics covered in death posts

in other news dexter jackson born November 25, 1969 won the Australian Grand Prix bb show in Melbourne and has done more than 60 professional shows

_mg_75321363024388.jpg

Groar and C_T, I know you probably don't care but having seen Dexter at the recent IFBB pro here in Melb ... legend?

His beer gut belly is just as huge and disappointing as all the other guys.

no legend status in my book at all :|

I meant legend in what he has achieved over a long period of time. Dexter always had the gut under control hence he was called "The Blade". Sadly his gut has protruded lately too. :(

I meant legend in what he has achieved over a long period of time. Dexter always had the gut under control hence he was called "The Blade". Sadly his gut has protruded lately too. :(

oh sure thing.

and yes, protruded in an alarming fashion. I'm still a bit shell shocked.

Looked at a pic of Frank Zane the other day ... how far the BBs have fallen these days :eek::(

Yes. If you read the thread I posted called "The Big Gut" it explains why these guys have the protruding guys.
'Slin, GH and IGF are the main culprits.

Joe weider

Word coming in he has passed away.

Love him or hate him, he helped bring bodybuilding to the masses.

I also have read that Nassers deaths was Complications due to liver and kidney issues, which make sense.

But at the end of the day his cause of death was that his heart stopped beating.

Word coming in he has passed away.

Love him or hate him, he helped bring bodybuilding to the masses.
Noooo. My Mega Mass 9000 will never taste the same again.

images

Seriously though he put bodybuilding on the map although some may argue he was the instigator of these freaks we see today.

Yeah a snake oil salesman, only on a huge scale.

He stuck his head on Sergio's body lol.
Do you remember that Adrian?

Bodybuilding icon Joe Weider dies

Bodybuilding icon Joe Weider, who created the Mr Olympia contest and mentored a young Arnold Schwarzenegger, has died age 93.

Weider was also known for a magazine empire that included such publications as Muscle and Fitness, Shape and Men's Fitness.

He died of heart failure, his publicist Charlotte Parker said.

PHOTO: "Godfather of fitness" - Joe Weider. (Joe Weider - Official Website of Joe Weider)
Schwarzenegger, who retired from bodybuilding in 1975 and went on to a successful career in action films and then politics, has paid tribute to the man he calls the "godfather of fitness".

"Joe didn't just inspire my earliest dreams; he made them come true the day he invited me to move to America to pursue my bodybuilding career," he said in a statement.

"Joe Weider was a titan in the fitness industry and one of the kindest men I have ever met.

"He leaves behind a fantastic legacy of a fitter world.

"Very few people can claim to have influenced as many lives as Joe did through his magazines, his supplements, his training equipment and his big-hearted personality."

Weider met Schwarzenegger at a bodybuilding contest in Europe and convinced him to move from his native Austria to the United States to seek wider recognition.

"He saw a lot in Arnold," Ms Parker said.

"He felt that the sport needed a star and right away he could see that Arnold was something special."

Schwarzenegger, then nicknamed the Austrian Oak, first gained fame by winning a string of Mr Olympia titles in the early 1970s before going on to a successful career in films including The Terminator and Total Recall.

He was elected governor of California in 2003 and served two terms before retiring from politics.

"Joe didn't just inspire my earliest dreams; he made them come true the day he invited me to move to America to pursue my bodybuilding career," Schwarzenegger said.

"I will never forget his generosity. One of Joe's greatest qualities is that he wasn't just generous with his money; he freely gave of his time and expertise and became a father figure for me."

Schwarzenegger also credited Weider with getting him his first acting role - in a movie called Hercules in New York - by claiming that the hulking young Austrian was a Shakespearean actor from Germany.

Born in Montreal in 1920, Weider began lifting weights as a teenager to stand up to neighbourhood bullies before competing in his first bodybuilding contest at the age of 17.

He started his first magazine, Your Physique, in the early 1940s and with his younger brother Ben rented Montreal's Monument National Theater to host the first Mr Canada contest during that same decade.

The two brothers also founded the International Federation of Bodybuilders and in 1965 Weider created the Mr Olympia competition, the sport's premiere bodybuilding contest.

Weider, who also created a line of sports nutritional supplements and ultimately founded more than a dozen fitness magazines including Fit Pregnancy, Living Fit and Flex, sold his Weider Publicans to American Media Inc. in the early 2000s.

He is survived by his wife of more than 50 years, Betty.

4590884-3x2-700x467.jpg

4590880-3x4-340x453.jpg

4590882-3x2-700x467.jpg

Bodybuilding icon Joe Weider dies - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)