• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What Did You Learn In 2012?

learn when to recognise your wrong and take it on the chin

listen to as much and as many different athletes, trainers and coaches as possible

learn something new every day, dont be a stubborn mule

i cannot count how many times i can reflect on when i thought i had shit sorted, 6 month later look back and like wtf was i thinking! then times that by ten, twenty even!

your never too old or experienced to learn more!

i mean no disrespect, im simply stating a fact, you said in a diet thread you disagreed with someones methods, but state in the last 12yrs you can finally see your top 2 abs

well it does take Einstein to see you obviously dont have things dialed, and obviously your idea of what a good nutrition is not actually really good nutrition!

my point is not a slam, i respect your enthusiasm, but let the ego go, get back to basics and soak up what the lifestyle changes needed to reach your goals

we live and learn, dont be stubborn, sure, dont be anal but find a balance

check out mike dolce podcast on itunes mate

Is that even in English:confused::confused:

I read that four times and still don't understand what it is saying, truly I have no idea what you are trying to say?

Are you saying because my diet now works and I am starting to see my abs it's a bad thing?? or a good thing?? You suggesting I go back to counting calories, which clearly has not worked in the past, and left me hungry most days and still no weight lost??

And not sure what my ego has to do with having lost a substantial amount of weight since I finally stopped counting calories, and eat as much of the correct foods as want:confused:

Last edited:
That people who complain about back pain aren't pussies. Until I had my back issues I was quite un-sympathetic to anyone who 'whinged about back pain'. Now I know how debilitating it can be.

I was one of these people, but I learnt how to relieve the pain and get past it. Back pain is usually something to do with tight muscles in the hips or unstable knees. If your hips are tight and not mobile like they should be, your lumbar area become mobile while it is supposed to be stable. Once you read into it and realize that stretching and recovery is probably more important than lifting it will make a difference. It did for me. I am almost pain free and lifting more than ever.

I was one of these people, but I learnt how to relieve the pain and get past it. Back pain is usually something to do with tight muscles in the hips or unstable knees. If your hips are tight and not mobile like they should be, your lumbar area become mobile while it is supposed to be stable. Once you read into it and realize that stretching and recovery is probably more important than lifting it will make a difference. It did for me. I am almost pain free and lifting more than ever.

thanks mate. If you read my thread on my 2 recent back surgeries you'll see i have more than just tight muscles in my back! Im rehabbing well though, stretches, stabilising work, swimming etc, all the boring stuff!! lol

I think the big one for 2012 was learning the difference between training for raw and equipped powerlifting. I spend far too much of 2011/2012 doing lats and upper back to try to increase my bench press instead of concentrating on getting my arms bigger.

1st Jan 2012 was the "epiphany" pretty much. Practice what you want to get good at. Doing other shit to get good at something practically avoiding the thing you want to get good at does not work for the raw lifter

Yes it would be nice to see her actually do a full rep.
The people teaching her that crap should be held responsible.

I don't have a problem with what she is doing, this is the form most power lifters emulate.
She will fuck her back up at some point in time.

What ticks me off is stupid kids and adults think this is the way to exercise.

I don't have a problem with what she is doing, this is the form most power lifters emulate.

Most of us know it's got nothing to do with exercise

I pulled a hip flexor pretty bad benching on Saturday lol.
Stretched it too much with a large arch and getting feet way back :(

thanks mate. If you read my thread on my 2 recent back surgeries you'll see i have more than just tight muscles in my back! Im rehabbing well though, stretches, stabilising work, swimming etc, all the boring stuff!! lol

Back operations! Oh. Sorry to hear that mate. Hope your rehab goes well. Don't rush things and look after yourself.